What's new

Flying with full-sized TOBS Jermyn Street Aftershave/Cologne in luggage?

I'll be flying to Vegas next week and was wondering if I would be allowed to bring the 100ml bottles of TOBS Jermyn Street (alcohol free) aftershave and cologne in my check-in luggage?THey're both about 3.5 ounces.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
3.4 oz or 100 ml is max size for carry on.
TSA recommends anything greater than 3.4 ounces go in checked baggage.

should not be a problem for checked baggage.
you might want to put some extra plastic wrap seal under the cap on the splash bottle just to be sure no leakage.
for future, consider using some small travel bottles that you can decant to.
have a great trip!

travel shave kit alaska aug 24 2021.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
As said above the TSA rules allow up to 100ml in carry on luggage. Note that this is the size of the bottle, not the amount of liquid that it may contain even if this is less than 100ml and some airlines have a total liquid limit of 1L. The only exceptions I think are liquids purchased at airport duty free within 48 hours of the flight.

Last edited:
I havent traveled since wet shaving. Not to hijack the thread - but there's no way to bring blades in your carry-on, is there?

Do yall just bite the bullet and use a disposable razor while traveling?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I havent traveled since wet shaving. Not to hijack the thread - but there's no way to bring blades in your carry-on, is there?

Do yall just bite the bullet and use a disposable razor while traveling?

There's lots of threads concerning blades while traveling. You point out one solution. I haven't ever gotten to that point. I either mail blades ahead to the destination, or if visiting a good size town just buy some CVS/Walgreen's DE's once there. Those two solutions don't work if you are flying place to place every day over a long period, but have covered me on those trips where I didn't do checked luggage. Please don't hold up the others in line by trying to sneak blades through in carry-on.

Is it 100ml total or 100ml per container? Because I'm hoping to bring both the aftershave and cologne.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Is it 100ml total or 100ml per container? Because I'm hoping to bring both the aftershave and cologne.
It is a maximum container size of 100ml, with in some cases a 1L limit for the total of all containers in your carry on. So two times 100ml in two 100ml bottles is fine. a 150ml bottle with only 75ml in it will not be permitted. Containers larger than 100ml must go in your checked in luggage, that is my understanding.

It is a maximum container size of 100ml, with in some cases a 1L limit for the total of all containers in your carry on. So two times 100ml in two 100ml bottles is fine. a 150ml bottle with only 75ml in it will not be permitted. Containers larger than 100ml must go in your checked in luggage, that is my understanding.
This. 🔝

One time in Frankfurt Germany, I was carrying a bunch of hotel-sized shampoo bottles. The security guard made me buy a 1L transparent bag for 1€ and told me: “what you can fit inside the bag you can carry”. Of course I found a way out 😂 but man gotta love the Germans.

anyway, Make sure your liquids (creams, pastes, deodorant, etc are all considered liquids) are all together in a 1L zip lock transparent bag, and take them out and place into the tray when going through security so they can clearly see what you are carrying. Enjoy your shaves away from home!

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Only if traveling for 2 weeks or more. Otherwise there’s no way I’m waiting in the lines to check a bag and then wait for it upon arrival.
I get you.
Not a big deal anymore for me, but I used to travel ALL THE TIME.
I hated having to deal with 40 people trying to put steamer trunks in the overhead bins! :lol1:

My travel was all business related, so the check bag fee just went on the expense account.

This. 🔝

One time in Frankfurt Germany, I was carrying a bunch of hotel-sized shampoo bottles. The security guard made me buy a 1L transparent bag for 1€ and told me: “what you can fit inside the bag you can carry”. Of course I found a way out 😂 but man gotta love the Germans.

anyway, Make sure your liquids (creams, pastes, deodorant, etc are all considered liquids) are all together in a 1L zip lock transparent bag, and take them out and place into the tray when going through security so they can clearly see what you are carrying. Enjoy your shaves away from home!

I plan to put them in my check-in luggage (suitcase).

To each his own!

Once upon a time (before COVID) I did a fair bit of travel (3MM). Over time I evolved into a ’one bag’ (carry on only) guy. My approach is to include a small plastic AS container with my liquids!

It is surprising how long you can go with that and a soap stick!! :a29:

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
When I was a road warrior, I had little nalgene bottles I'd put my Thayer's and various A/S splashes in. You can get an assortment cheaply. I used to use BIC Metal disposable razors because mailing blades was a PITA and I've not found DE's consistently available at Walgreens or CVS stores. A small travel brush (which I've lost :cursing: ) and a La Toja stick rounded out my kit.

Bottles here.

As far as my experience goes, its up to airport security's discretion what is and isn't okay even if something is within guidelines. If its within guidelines they can make you throw it out and simply re-imburse you for its cost. If you're checking though I don't believe there are as many restrictions, however bottle size still matters. Personally, if you need to travel with fragrance I would recommend decanting some into a small plastic container with an atomizer. You can buy them online, they're great.

Top Bottom