What's new

Parker adjustable injector ?

I just received and shaved with the V2 today. First impressions were that it looks utilitarian. It’s no beauty pageant winner, but for the price point that’s not out of order. It’s not ugly, just not pretty. I started on 3 but that was not very effective so I went to 5. Even on the highest setting it’s quite mild. It took a lot of buffing to get to DFS. Mind you, I used the blade it was shipped with. I haven’t tried it with a Schick blade yet so…

I've dusted off a couple of old Schicks recently and have been getting nice shaves, so I thought I'd give the Parker Adjustable a try. I just ordered the V2 and it's already shipped and I should be having it in a few days. Looking forward to giving it a try. If it doesn't work out, I can always do a PIF. Life is good. :001_cool:
I got the V2 yesterday and gave it a try this morning. I started out at 5, thought it was a tiny bit aggressive, so dialed it back to 4. I got a two-pass "Damn Fine Shave" with no problems. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and try 5 again. I may have rushed it a bit and the second shave on many blades is frequently smoother. Honestly, if I was blindfolded and you told me it was a vintage Schick Type "L", I don't think I could tell the difference. It's a good razor, gives a good shave, is reasonably priced, and is a nice introduction to single-edge injector razors if you don't want to go the vintage route.

I was looking for ideas on how to travel with the Parker Adjustable as my Parker DE razor case/sleeve will not work for the Adjustable. I found that it would fit in one of my brush travel tubes and thought I would pass the idea on to everyone.

IMG_20210803_183112054.jpg
I would also be curious what other ideas people have of traveling with this razor. I don't have any vintage adjustable cases.

I was looking for ideas on how to travel with the Parker Adjustable as my Parker DE razor case/sleeve will not work for the Adjustable. I found that it would fit in one of my brush travel tubes and thought I would pass the idea on to everyone.

View attachment 1306537
I would also be curious what other ideas people have of traveling with this razor. I don't have any vintage adjustable cases.
I haven't tried it yet, but I bet it would fit nicely in an old hardshell eyeglass case. Something like this...
download.jpeg

I haven't tried it yet, but I bet it would fit nicely in an old hardshell eyeglass case. Something like this...View attachment 1306543
What an excellent idea! I just tried the Adjustable in a few hard cases I had lying around and it looks like that would work well. I would just ball up some paper or fabric at one end to keep the razor from shifting around and dulling the blade/cutting the case. Thanks!

I got the V2 yesterday and gave it a try this morning. I started out at 5, thought it was a tiny bit aggressive, so dialed it back to 4. I got a two-pass "Damn Fine Shave" with no problems. I'm going to try it again tomorrow and try 5 again. I may have rushed it a bit and the second shave on many blades is frequently smoother. Honestly, if I was blindfolded and you told me it was a vintage Schick Type "L", I don't think I could tell the difference. It's a good razor, gives a good shave, is reasonably priced, and is a nice introduction to single-edge injector razors if you don't want to go the vintage route.
A final follow-up: I went back to the "5" setting (most aggressive/blade exposure) and had an excellent, easy shave. I'm enjoying this razor and will be making it a regular part of my rotation.

As mentioned in an earlier post, I liked the Parker v1 so much that I bought a vintage schick adjustable. Having played with that new toy for a few weeks, I had not used the Parker for a while. So I went back to it this week.

I have a fairly course beard and look very grubby with two or more days growth. With the Parker I set the razor to 4-5 for the initial pass, depending on days growth and how many times I’ve use the blade. Then move to 3-3.5 for the XTG pass and 2 for the ATG. Even with 3 days growth I get a smooth very comfortable and close shave. (Near BBS) In fact I’m at DFS level after the second pass.

I know people say the Parker is too mild, but I get better shaves with the Parker with multiple days growth than I do with any of my mild DE razors. Indeed, while the feel is mild, the shave results are comparable to my medium, or medium/aggressive DE razors. I know some folks like and or need aggressive razors. But I think the Parker v1 and I’m guessing the V2 punches above its aggressiveness weight and will satisfy most folks that shave with medium or mild DE razors.

I commend Parker for making an affordable quality entry into injectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As mentioned in an earlier post, I liked the Parker v1 so much that I bought a vintage schick adjustable. Having played with that new toy for a few weeks, I had not used the Parker for a while. So I went back to it this week.

I have a fairly course beard and look very grubby with two or more days growth. With the Parker I set the razor to 4-5 for the initial pass, depending on days growth and how many times I’ve use the blade. Then move to 3-3.5 for the XTG pass and 2 for the ATG. Even with 3 days growth I get a smooth very comfortable and close shave. (Near BBS) In fact I’m at DFS level after the second pass.

I know people say the Parker is too mild, but I get better shaves with the Parker with multiple days growth than I do with any of my mild DE razors. Indeed, while the feel is mild, the shave results are comparable to my medium, or medium/aggressive DE razors. I know some folks like and or need aggressive razors. But I think the Parker v1 and I’m guessing the V2 punches above its aggressiveness weight and will satisfy most folks that shave with medium or mild DE razors.

I commend Parker for making an affordable quality entry into injectors.

Nicely said!

I just received a V2 today and had a shave. It’s my first injector so I’m learning as I go. The instructions state that a blade is already installed so I thought great, one less step. I got all lathered up, took a swipe, and…nothing. No edge whatsoever. It was literally like there was a blank in the razor. I loaded another blade (clumsily I must say) and hey presto, an edge. I checked the ejected blade and no kidding it was completely rounded off dull.

Am I missing something or is the razor shipped with a dead blade on purpose? If so, I completely misunderstood. Everything was fine after that. Well, it will take a little practice to get a good shave but no nicks and pretty smooth.

I just received a V2 today and had a shave. It’s my first injector so I’m learning as I go. The instructions state that a blade is already installed so I thought great, one less step. I got all lathered up, took a swipe, and…nothing. No edge whatsoever. It was literally like there was a blank in the razor. I loaded another blade (clumsily I must say) and hey presto, an edge. I checked the ejected blade and no kidding it was completely rounded off dull.

Am I missing something or is the razor shipped with a dead blade on purpose? If so, I completely misunderstood. Everything was fine after that. Well, it will take a little practice to get a good shave but no nicks and pretty smooth.
Mine had a real, shave-ready blade in it when I received it a few weeks ago.

Well, the Schick Twin II fit in the Parker Injector without a single hitch. If you ask me, the Twin II is the best injector blade out there, bar none. The Razor next to the Parker is the Gillette Twinjector razor and is my favorite injector razor of all. The blade in the Gillette is the very first blade installed from the keyed pack and is still shaving as if it were brand new, roughly about 20 shaves in with it. Let’s see if the Schick Twin II can put some ooomph into the Parker and make it a more efficient razor while keeping it’s inherently smooth nature. Tomorrow morning for sure......

View attachment 1187983
View attachment 1187984
View attachment 1187985
View attachment 1187986

Very curious here; Where are you getting the Twin blades from?

This is my first injector and my experience with them is 'NONE' With that said... I am very much looking for any advice, tips, tricks, how to's available from you fine Gentlemen who know how to use these Single Edge Razors.

Received the Parker V2 yesterday and shaved last night with the included Personna blades. Swapped out the installed blade, the thought of using a blade I did not install is discomforting. Do not know if the blades or my technique was off but it was tugs, pulls, and a weeper at the laryngeal prominence. I started with the setting on 5 for the first pass and stepped it down to 3 for the second pass and third pass. The shave was rough with razor burn, not efficient, the alum block let me know I had strays all over.

This morning swapped out with a 'Chinese Chick' blade and rode the cap. Also found that I had to rotate the key on the Schick injector slightly counter clock wise to get the blade into the Parker, did not experience this with the Personna injector yesterday. The shave was better but still highly aggravating on my skin. This most likely is from last nights shave and the irritation I experienced. Had to finish the third pass with the RazoRock Game Changer .84, just could not complete another pass with the Parker...

Not gonna give up on the Parker, will let a few days pass and let my skin recover from two back to back rough shaves. Then try again but will ride the cap as it seems to preform better.

As far as the Parker V2, it has feed back at setting 3, I hear the blade, and feel the blade. I am not ready to call this injector a mild shaver as it really irritated my skin and for all the irritation it was not a BBS shave either. As stated above, will definitely return after healing, ride the cap, and attribute this round to lack of experience with this adjustable.

8_24_21Shave.jpg

This is my first injector and my experience with them is 'NONE' With that said... I am very much looking for any advice, tips, tricks, how to's available from you fine Gentlemen who know how to use these Single Edge Razors.

Received the Parker V2 yesterday and shaved last night with the included Personna blades. Swapped out the installed blade, the thought of using a blade I did not install is discomforting. Do not know if the blades or my technique was off but it was tugs, pulls, and a weeper at the laryngeal prominence. I started with the setting on 5 for the first pass and stepped it down to 3 for the second pass and third pass. The shave was rough with razor burn, not efficient, the alum block let me know I had strays all over.

This morning swapped out with a 'Chinese Chick' blade and rode the cap. Also found that I had to rotate the key on the Schick injector slightly counter clock wise to get the blade into the Parker, did not experience this with the Personna injector yesterday. The shave was better but still highly aggravating on my skin. This most likely is from last nights shave and the irritation I experienced. Had to finish the third pass with the RazoRock Game Changer .84, just could not complete another pass with the Parker...

Not gonna give up on the Parker, will let a few days pass and let my skin recover from two back to back rough shaves. Then try again but will ride the cap as it seems to preform better.

As far as the Parker V2, it has feed back at setting 3, I hear the blade, and feel the blade. I am not ready to call this injector a mild shaver as it really irritated my skin and for all the irritation it was not a BBS shave either. As stated above, will definitely return after healing, ride the cap, and attribute this round to lack of experience with this adjustable.

View attachment 1316549
Yes, give your face a break. And I prefer the sCick blades! I also try to use the head as a guide, like riding the cap. I think going steep is not preferred with injectors, but I am also new to using them. Good luck with the journey!

Last edited:
The Parker is growing on me.

I am a big fan of the vintage adjustable injectors, like the PAL. In comparison, the PAL is more curvaceous and hefty: its ergonomics and materials appeal to me more than those of the utilitarian and lightweight Parker.

That said, the Parker is a fine and easy shaver.

While I do still gravitate to my old Schick M-series and PAL adjustables, I am happy that Parker made a modern take on the injector and was able to offer it at such a reasonable price.

Would be fantastic if others were to take a swing at this format, too!

I almost bought a Parker a few months ago, but after seeing how most people either don't like them or find them nothing special or anything, I gave up. I have two adjustable Schicks M3 and I really like them and I'd suggest those who are new to injectors and are also looking for an adjustable model or just to own only one razor to look around the bay and such websites for any of the M adjustable types.

Had a nice early afternoon shave with the V2 of the Parker adjustable, with a sChick blade on shave 4. I had it set at 4 from a previous shave, so I left it there. I tried minimal prep (just wetting my face) and tried varying the way I held the razor, to see if I could confirm some of the suspicions I had about what makes a bad shave for this razor.

What I found is that if I go too steep, it may be prone to a rougher shave. I can feel/hear the razor doing its job when I am fairly shallow, that is, more towards the cap position if this were a DE razor. As I think I posted above, I believe injectors work best when the head is kept almost parallel to the face. Obviously, you have to lift it a little to get the blade to engage with the stubble!

But the most important thing I noted, was that pressure can both help and hurt the shave. Injectors need some pressure, being so light. But I had recently been shaving with the Yates 921 and the heavy/stubby handle. I found today that initially, I was applying too much pressure, to get that feel that the Yates has. It didn't take long for me to realize I had to back off. Autopilot had me pressing too hard.

I hope this can help folks new to injectors. I do find they give awesome, effortless shaves when you understand them better.

“I believe injectors work best when the head is kept almost parallel to the face.

But the most important thing I noted, was that pressure can both help and hurt the shave. Injectors need some pressure, being so light.”

This! I have found that the secret to good injector shaves is a combo of very flat/parallel blade orientation and some pressure.

If you keep the blade flat to the face, you will not scrape, but you will also not shave.

You need to keep the blade flat, and press enough to “deflect” the skin, setting the razor face down into your face just a bit.

This technique gives both a good, close shave and no razor burn or nicks. I never cut myself with my injectors using this technique. This is one area where coming to an injector razor from a DE is a bit of a liability, as DEs train you to use no pressure and maintain the angle and listen/feel for feedback. That is due to DEs requiring an angle for their cut.

An injector is more like a GEM. The blade is designed to cut at a very shallow angle. The difference between a GEM and an injector, however, is the GEM is more likely to bite you if you don’t pay attention. The injector not so much.

Try a very flat angle and a bit of pressure, with the caveat being VERY FLAT ANGLE. The face of Schicks are dimpled to help with glide as you ride the face. They are meant to ride the face; you just need to set the razor face down into the plane of your face just a bit. It won’t bite if you keep it flat.

Disclaimer: YMMV! 🙂

Top Bottom