What's new

Photo of the Day

some shots of mt redoubt volcano and the wetlands along cook inlet, from the bush plane ride back into anchorage earlier this week...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thx! was really great, esp sharing with our son!
here are some (of the few) puffin shots that came out.
first, incoming horned puffin with nice catch.
and, just to be inclusive, one of the few tufted puffins that were around.
differences can be noted in the eyes and crest of the head.

proxy.php

proxy.php
Wow! I thought puffins were a north Atlantic bird.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Strange how nature decides where to hang its fruits, this squash vine worked its way up the the fence and decided our side of the fence was better, it must weight close to 7lbs and still has not drop yet. One tough vine to hold the squash weight and it has been windy lately and still so very resilient.
Neighbours squash likes our side of the fence more!.jpg

yes, indeed, the alaska fall tundra trip this week got scrubbed, due to the earlier-than-planned Park road closure!!
so, taking the free time to clean out and scan some of the film archives.
here's peggy's cove, may, 2002, originally on slide film.
i hope it's not reversed!!

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
another from the film archives, of the last century!
iconic pine on georgian bay, ontario.

proxy.php
Sure can tell by the tree the predominate wind direction. We have places in Southern Alberta Canada the trees lean from a westerly direction from the mountain ranges.

Someone is having a very bad day as he is being stomped on by a ton of angry pot roast.

Shot in Spain (Puerto/Rotta) in 1999 with Pentax ME Super 35mm and Kalimar 500 f8 t-mount lens (a pretty inexpensive poor quality lens).

proxy.php

yesterday morning, from ground level, for a few moments when the light played with fringe high clouds from ida!

and, everyone offer a prayer for Louisiana today!

proxy.php

and the video...

Last edited:
Top Bottom