What's new

The TGIF PIF - Odds and Ends

Respectfully, not in.

We like wine and love champagne. We finally figured out the champagne is wine and that there was no real reason to wait for a special occasion to have champagne. The result: Every Friday at our house is “Champagne Friday”. It includes anyone who stops by on a Friday afternoon. I highly recommend it.

The memory I on Fridays is of "dress down Friday."it is not an issue during these times, but was wonderful when we were in the office on a regular basis.
Years ago as a file clerk in a large law firm I saw the following firm-wide email from the head of the business litigation department: It has come to my attention that several people in the firm are requesting "casual dress Fridays" in the office. I would like to remind everyone that this firm observes over 100 "casual dress" days every year: Saturday and Sunday.

Respectfully not in, but some great stuff in your box there. I guess I'm the wrong age to remember ABC's TGIF promotion, my kids were in their early years through the 90's, so lots of Nick and Disney channel. For Friday ritual, I remember a prior employer had a casual Friday for work. Many enjoyed the idea, I didn't participate because I work better when I dress up. But as with anything where it's left to "best judgment," things descended until one guy showed up to work with sweat pants and a sleeveless sweatshirt. Casual Friday was rescinded.

I'd love to be in, please.

However, sadly, my memories of eating at Friday's aren't entirely great. The wife and I used to like doing a quick lunch there (usually a baked potato and soup of the day) - ah the carefree pre-kid days, but more recently our visits have been associated with illness. Every time we've gone there my son ended up sick. It's certainly not related as best as we can tell, as the meals have been just fine. It's just one of those things. On another note - 25 years ago in the apartment and above where I lived was a group of young college guys who worked as waiters at Fridays. One of them had a waterbed that one day leaked and dripped through the ceiling light fixture right on to my bed. They ended up buying me a new mattress which they paid for almost entirely in tip money - in ones, fives and change!

I'm in. Me and Grandad used used to go the restaurant "TGI Fridays" on Friday. Man alive did everybody else have the same idea, too. It was good though. I should take him there next time I see him now that I'm older while he's still around

Last edited:
I’m in

Fridays are "Family Fun Night" at our house. We make it a point to turn off the devices, and spend some quality time as a family.

Our kids get really excited when Friday evening comes around!

Thank you

I'm in -- In our organization, men were required to wear a shirt and tie at minimum Mon-Thurs with attire being "Business Casual" on Friday. My Friday ritual was to wear various Hawaiian shirts which irked my anal-retentive passive-aggressive supervisor, so he'd hassle me to no end but not forbid me from wearing them; so I continued. The "anonymous" question "are Hawaiian shirts authorized for wear on Business Casual Friday?" was posed during question and answer portion of our Director's Call. The Director responded with "what part of Business Casual do Hawaiian shirts fit into?" so I wore a Hawaiian shirt the next Friday. My supervisor glared at me and asked if I heard what the Director just said and I replied "he didn't say we couldn't wear them, he asked what part of Business Casual they fit into, which would be right next to the polo/golf shirt you're wearing; i.e., the "casual" part of "Business Casual." It never came up again, and I continued wearing the Hawaiian shirts until I found a very loud (even for me) polo shirt with a huge parrot surrounded by bird of paradise flowers until I left the organization. I could have told him that in Hawaii they would be considered "business attire" every day and it was my extremely mild way of rebelling and "sticking it to the man."

I'm in! Catie's Bubbles is on my try list and I keep seeing Epsilon blue being mentioned here.

1) We are rural and didn't get ABC, CBS, or NBS as a kid. Only Fox came in.
2) We are rural and a quick look at their website shows the closest one as two hours away in another state. Never been to one.
3) I can't discuss my Friday night ritual and not be killed by the wife, but in the pre-wife days of the 90s our group of boys would go down to the lake. There we would do "the movie" let's just say it was really stupid and dangerous involving gasoline and fire. No one got hurt, but some shoes did get occasionally scorched. While dating the wife she and I would go to Dairy Queen almost every friday night for a meal and split a large Oreo blizzard.

Oops. To add to my previous “l’m in” post.

Fridays are a day off for me, so I make my morning coffee, and then crawl back into bed simply relax and listen to an album. That’s become my Friday morning ritual since covid lockdowns hit.

I'm In my favorite Friday ritual is busting out the camping gear and hiking out then sleeping out under the stars!

I’m in

My favorite thing to do on Fridays is to meet some friends for drinks. We all have families now so we don’t get together much anymore but Friday night drinks with friends is the best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all,

Thanks for a great set of memories and reflections on Fridays. Now, since it's Friday, here's the order I'll be asking people for their addresses. Congrats to SterFry! And for everyone else, at least it's the weekend. :)
1628906947433.png

Top Bottom