What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

2nd shave with tailor made Kamisori. Comfortable than first shave.

Greetings from Turkiye.
proxy.php

SM-G965F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

I do cheat a little, not Photoshop above basic adjustments, but for translucent scales like these, tortoise, blond horn, etc, putting a piece of aluminum foil between the scales to reflect light back through them sometimes works wonders.

I'm thinking that compared to ivory, I like tortoise better;
and I like ivory a lot.

How do you like tortoise compared to other scale materials?

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I'm thinking that compared to ivory, I like tortoise better;
and I like ivory a lot.

How do you like tortoise compared to other scale materials?

I like it a lot. You’ve probably noticed that ivory is common compared to tortoise. I think that ‘in the olden days’ tortoise was much more ‘upscale’ than ivory.

That said, there’s tortoise and then there’s tortoise. There were about 3 species used for the shell, and the one Eskilstuna used is dark und undistinguished. Tortoise scaled razors are so uncommon that it‘s difficult to say anything with much confidence, but my Touron and 1790-ish scales are what I look for.

Aluminum foil between the scales!

Hope that this helps!

Steve

45F20BA2-EA15-4A4D-BBF0-10827AAD12C2.jpeg

Steve56

Aluminum foil - or white paper, doesn’t work on opaque materials, try tortoise instead of ivory. You’re not supposed to let the edge hit the aluminum foil if you forget to take it out lol - been there, done that. But I doubt that the soft aluminum would damage a high carbon edge that much.

I like it a lot. You’ve probably noticed that ivory is common compared to tortoise. I think that ‘in the olden days’ tortoise was much more ‘upscale’ than ivory.

That said, there’s tortoise and then there’s tortoise. There were about 3 species used for the shell, and the one Eskilstuna used is dark und undistinguished. Tortoise scaled razors are so uncommon that it‘s difficult to say anything with much confidence, but my Touron and 1790-ish scales are what I look for.

Aluminum foil between the scales!

Hope that this helps!

Steve

View attachment 1311277

Those bright looking ones you have, are very attractive.

I just recently acquired a seven day MK 32 in tortoise.
I'm very happy with it.

Steve56

Those bright looking ones you have, are very attractive.

I just recently acquired a seven day MK 32 in tortoise.
I'm very happy with it.

They’re very bright because there is a reflector, aluminum foil, between the scales.

Congrats on the acquisition! A 7-day set of tortoise 32s should be stunning. Please post images!

They’re very bright because there is a reflector, aluminum foil, between the scales.

Congrats on the acquisition! A 7-day set of tortoise 32s should be stunning. Please post images!

I will post eventually, but I won't be home for about a week yet.

The other thing I like about tortoise scales,
is that they're really made of scales. ;)

Razor Dorko Solingen 7/8 Near Wedge
This shave with the razor after going thru a 2nd pasted balsa stropping was so much better...the edge was keen and yet very smooth. Managed 3passes without any weepers nor irritation for a better efficiency ccs result. It's nice being able to enjoy and get more from this razor.
20210813_234026.jpg

20210814_112924.jpg

Top Bottom