What's new

Which razor blade has you reaching for the first aid kit

Shark SC blades are brutal to be sure. Van Der Hagen are horrible as well. But I have to say...the very worst blade I have ever had the displeasure to use is the Assured blade that came with the dollar store razors. SO...if anyone else wants to try a tuck..let me know. I have a cpl that I would love to get rid of! hahaha

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
Shark SC blades are brutal to be sure. Van Der Hagen are horrible as well. But I have to say...the very worst blade I have ever had the displeasure to use is the Assured blade that came with the dollar store razors. SO...if anyone else wants to try a tuck..let me know. I have a cpl that I would love to get rid of! hahaha
shark_super_chrome__53462.1416252347.500.659.jpg

Yeah, I still have 4 I'm too scared to use, it's no coincidence I think of Jaws every time I look at them

Ladas. Absolutely chewed up my face. Also, oddly enough, Astra SP, a million tiny spots on my neck.

J are the Sharks better than the Silver Stars?
Depends on your beard. Shark SS is an excellent blade if you have a softer beard, but it will struggle with stronger beards. Silver Star is very sharp, one of my favorite blades.

Feathers. I’ve tried and tried and I get nicked on the first pass.

Gillette Nacets are the sharpest I can use and avoid weepers if I pay attention to what I’m doing.

Gillette Silver Blues I can get a close shave while I’m in a hurry running late for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1309563
Yeah, I still have 4 I'm too scared to use, it's no coincidence I think of Jaws every time I look at them
During Shark Week this year I used all three Shark Blades and the Super Chrome was the only one to give me a weeper on my neck where there was no bump. Not sure why I got a weeper where I did. I will probably give it a limited try again. I actually enjoyed the Shark Platinum and Shark Stainless blades.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Bic Chrome Platinum...I can't get through a full shave with one of these blades. After two or three swipes, I'm pulling it out and replacing it. Tried three times and every time the blade was tugging my whiskers out.

Merkur. Great razors but absolutely atrocious blades.

I CONCUR. Had a sample pack of them way back when just starting to try different DE blades and they were unusable. Don't remember them cutting me but they were ROUGH.

I tried every one in the 5 pack a couple times just to make sure the first one wasn't a clinker, but no, they ALL were equally bad.

Bic Chrome Platinum...I can't get through a full shave with one of these blades. After two or three swipes, I'm pulling it out and replacing it. Tried three times and every time the blade was tugging my whiskers out.

For awhile BIC Chrome Plats were my favorite blades, I used them since I started wetshaving, but sadly I've been running into what seems to be their infamous quality control problems with their blades, but man when they work they couldn't be beat. While I kinda like Personna lab blues, they can be hit or miss depending on the razor for me, and I want that "holy grail" blade that I can just throw in anything and have it just work (like what BIC does when they legit pass QC) so I once again hit up tryablade and see whats out there, as I write this I just got done shaving with a Silver Star and I'm pleasantly surprised so far

Can you explain a accidentally?

I bought a sampler pack of blades then won a newcomer PIF that included some tucks of blades and by the time I worked my way through them all it had been about two years. So when i was ready to buy my first 100-pack I had a vague recollection of what color packaging my favorite blades had come in and I ordered voskhods instead of polsilvers.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
I bought a sampler pack of blades then won a newcomer PIF that included some tucks of blades and by the time I worked my way through them all it had been about two years. So when i was ready to buy my first 100-pack I had a vague recollection of what color packaging my favorite blades had come in and I ordered voskhods instead of polsilvers.
I got a tuck of Voskhod in February and still haven't had time to try them, and I still have about a dozen different tucks of blades I haven't tried. Luckily I can remember that my favourite blades are Personna Platinum, followed by Astra SS, but getting a dozen shaves from a decent blade it will be a while before I need to buy more

Top Bottom