What's new

The TGIF PIF - Odds and Ends

Hi all,

I’m cleaning out my den and these are things that aren’t worth selling individually. I’m giving them all to one lucky shaver.

To be considered, just respond with “I’m in” and a happy memory about one of the following:
1. A memory related to ABC’s all-star lineup of shows “Thank Goodness It’s Funny” in the ‘90s.
2. A memory from eating at TGI Friday’s.
-OR-
3. A Friday ritual that you enjoy.

Entries will be collected until 11:59 PM EST on Wednesday. The winner will be chosen by using a random.org list order.
FE896757-3996-480F-BB8F-65F211E3D542.jpeg

Very generous PIF, @SilverBlue16!! Respectfully not in.

However, I do have a comparison between TGI Fridays and my morning Friday ritual. The TGI Friday's in my area always played the music too loud for the meal experience to be enjoyable. We liked their food, but not the environment. We would ask for the music to be turned down but was told that wasn't possible. In contrast, my shaving ritual is very pleasant start to my day and a highlight of my morning.

I'm in please. "Did I do that...?", I mean, "Cut... It... Out." Many fond memories growing up watching TGIF shows, during a time when families still watched TV together, and the shows were clean enough for all, as well as, had a good message as the theme of the show.

Whoever wins this most generous PIF, congrats and many thanks @SilverBlue16. But whether I'm the winner or not, a huge thanks for the thoughts down memory lane! I hadn't slowed down to think of what TGIF was to many families. A time of togetherness.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I’m in. Our family fun Friday when the kids were young was frozen pizza and a movie. Now that they are older, we have abandoned the movie part, but one of my sons has learned to make pizza dough, and homemade pizza is now our fun Friday tradition.

I'm in, thanks for the opportunity and the great PIF!

My best friend and I have known each other since we were in junior high. We've done the Myposian Dance of Joy at numeorus points in our life. The first time we did it was at some random interscholastic conference where the icebreaker was to do some performance. Of course, we also had to do it at his wedding reception. 🙂

I'm in. My family every Friday get little Caesars pizza... The kids love it along with the crazy bread and cheese bread.. Thanks for the PIF.. I have been wanting to try one of the blue aftershaves like epsilon...

Fabulous PIF!! :a29:

Respectfully not in.

I remember eating at the first TGI Friday’s back in the day: a great spot to visit in our neighborhood!

Im in! Thanks.

Great memory for eating at TGI Fridays back in the 80s: Sitting at a table with the giant moose head mounted on wall a foot above my fathers head and extended out over the table. Good times....

Im in! What a generous PIF

1. My brother's name was stephen and Id rile him up by calling him urkel. Classic big brother torture that always got me in trouble

2. Same brother didnt know what TGI Friday's meant until late into HS and always thought the restaurant was connected to the TV show line up

3. Sadly our friday night ritual is falling asleep way too early. Been traveling too much for work!

I’m in. Great PIF

Does “Every Friday is Clubman Friday” count?

Actually, since the pandemic, 3 couples having been meeting on Friday nights on a patio to have dinner and enjoy the company. Had to shut down when it got below freezing. Once everyone was vaccinated we could move inside. Unfortunately, thanks to the delta variant, we’ve had to start meeting outside again.

I’m in. Great PIF

Does “Every Friday is Clubman Friday” count?

Actually, since the pandemic, 3 couples having been meeting on Friday nights on a patio to have dinner and enjoy the company. Had to shut down when it got below freezing. Once everyone was vaccinated we could move inside. Unfortunately, thanks to the delta variant, we’ve had to start meeting outside again.

At least summer's the right season for outdoor entertaining.

A vie-long brush and Caties Bubbles? I can't be not in, although I want to bypass this. You have simply made it too generous. The memory I on Fridays is of "dress down Friday."it is not an issue during these times, but was wonderful when we were in the office on a regular basis.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom