What's new

Kabrands

By an coincidence thanks to @Clouds I am the happy owner to a non slanted Kabrand. The quality of this piece is superior to the other French razors that I have in my collection. I must say that I find it somewhat odd that they issued the slant head with this razor. Anyway- it is VERY aggressive and took some time to tame but now I am there. I like it a lot.

Not many threads about the brand around over the years and I wonder if someone has succeeded to dig up more info about the Kabrands.
I gather this one (came cased) is from the late 30´s up to the early 50´s.
I´ll enclose some pics. Not very pretty I am afraid.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    513.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 42

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
By an coincidence thanks to @Clouds I am the happy owner to a non slanted Kabrand. The quality of this piece is superior to the other French razors that I have in my collection. I must say that I find it somewhat odd that they issued the slant head with this razor. Anyway- it is VERY aggressive and took some time to tame but now I am there. I like it a lot.

Not many threads about the brand around over the years and I wonder if someone has succeeded to dig up more info about the Kabrands.
I gather this one (came cased) is from the late 30´s up to the early 50´s.
I´ll enclose some pics. Not very pretty I am afraid.
I am (or at least consider myself) an aficionado of unique DE & SE razors....this one definitely makes my list....thanks for introducing it!!!

Yep! Great caution is to be had. I would probably call this piece the most aggressive I have ever encountered. More so than the Le Coq and Famex Open cage or the Le Coq closed bar.

As I wrote not much reading about the razors. The slanted version appear to all have the same knurling on the handle where as the non-slant come with this smooth and hefty (chrome?) handle.
Extremely fun razor to use. To bad that so little is known about the company.

This one's pretty aggressive also. :001_cool:

View attachment 1309713

Neat[emoji275] I can shave with a straight and the DE Kabrand that I have is not far behind. Same attention is to be had.
Makes you wonder why they ever released it. It’s not really a SAFETY razor… I love companies that do some things off the beaten track.

Top Bottom