What's new

Mostochlegmash vs Gillette vs Lord

Out of the large de blade manufacturers which one is your go to?

• Mostochlegmash (Voskhod, Rapira, Lada etc

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Gillette (Astra etc)

Votes: 42 68.9%
  • Lord (Shark, Bolanzo, Big Ben etc)

Votes: 12 19.7%

• Total voters
Out of the large manufacturers, wondering what everyone uses? I haven't used or bought any Gillette blades as even when a cartridge user (-2013) was a Schick guy.

Looks like I am with the majority (for a change)!!

Three of my top five are from St. Petersburg: GSB, Nacet and Astra SP!! :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:

Of the three listed, I voted Gillette, but they're about equal.

IRL, it's Asmuzebat (Derby [various]), Bluebird), Edgewell (most Personnas, Wilkinson Sword), Accutec (Personna Lab Blues & Med Preps).

The three OP listed lag well behind.

Of the three listed, I voted Gillette, but they're about equal.

IRL, it's Asmuzebat (Derby [various]), Bluebird), Edgewell (most Personnas, Wilkinson Sword), Accutec (Personna Lab Blues & Med Preps).

The three OP listed lag well behind.
Didn't know enough about the other brands to add... Just knew that companies listed in the poll have a fair amount of different versions of blades and owned other brands.

Didn't know enough about the other brands to add... Just knew that companies listed in the poll have a fair amount of different versions of blades and owned other brands.

I suppose I should clarify that I meant the three you listed lagged far behind in MY usage. Also that I assumed you meant DE.

Asmuzebat (Turkey) makes Derby Extra, Derby Premium, Derby Usta, Concord, Diamonds Pro Excel, Lion, & Parker.
Accutec (US) makes US Personna Lab Blues & Med Preps. Also a variety of other shapes.
Edgewell (Germany) makes Wilkinson Sword (not Gillette Wilkinson Sword), Schick & non-US Personna

I picked Gillette although the Astras given as an example are the worst of them IMO. I think I've tried all of them and even the Sputnik performed better for me. Personna US-made labs and meds are easily the equal of the best PPI blades. I have heard that they're getting hard to find so if that's why they're not on your list, I understand. Glad I've got a small stockpile from when they were easy to get.

Been using some Moscow blades lately and they're not horrible but longevity isn't their strong point. Neither is sharpness. They are pretty smooth for a shave or two though.

I'll take a pass on any more of the Lord blades I've tried. i think Crowns are probably the best of the ones I've tried but still not anywhere near my list of favorites. All varieties of Sharks were unusable for me. Lord Platinums had ok sharpness but weren't very smooth or long lasting.

Haven’t tried any of the Lord made blades yet so can’t comment on them. Have only tried one blade brand from the Moscow factory (voskhod) and they had some quality control issues that put me off them for now but may give them another shot sometime. All the blades that I like including my favorite (GSBs) come from the PPI (Gillette) plant so they got my vote

I didn't vote. I use all three + Super-Max which actually manufacture much more blades every year than Mostochlegmash.

The Gillette results aren't a surprise. The Lord results are however, didn't think they were more popular... Will have to try some of them, thinking sharks first.

Lord definitely for me. The Silver Star and ASCO are the best blades I have ever used, followed closely by Lord Platinum. I have a strong beard so those sharp blades do wonders for me. And for those of you who have milder beards, there are Shark/Lord cool blades. I'm definitely a Lordie all the way.

Rapiras/Vodstok/Lada blades are generally too dull for my beard and I find them a bit rough on the skin, and Lada is the absolute worst blade I have ever tried.

As for Gillette blades, my favorite is Astra SS. Hated the SP, Gilette Platinum is to me average. I haven't tried all the other Indian/Russian blades they offer because I'm just so satisfied with Lord.

I pair blades with razors so use all three manufacturers...SharpEdge is the only Gillette blade I use; Lord's Asco, Shark and Silver Star I find superb across many different razors and Mostochlegmash's Rapira Stanless Steel is also a great blade for me. Lord's Asco Orange is my most used blade though.

Mostochlegmash were just horrible for me. Not one of their blades worked for me. They were all tuggy!

lord are ok, nothing too special.

Gillette blades are the best...especially polsilver! No other blade compares for me. It's sharp, smooth and long lasting.

Nacet and GSB are also very nice!

A blade I like which is not in this poll is the BIC chrome platinum.

I think this poll is not relevant because big manufacturers like Azmuzebat etc ... are not mentioned. I'm not sure if its true but i read somewhere the biggest manufacturer is SuperMax from India. I really like their SuperMax super stainless blades, they are about the same as the Astra Superior Stainless to me.

Top Bottom