What's new

Help finding mug based on description

While I would like to have my dad's old shaving gear, I have yet to find it any of his or my mom's belongings. He switched over to using an electric razor ages ago and may have disposed of his old gear then. I have decided to try to get as close as I can to what he used, based on memories from when I was a kid. The razor was pretty easy, since I am almost positive that he used a 40's style Super Speed. I'm having more trouble with his shaving mug. The last time that I remember him using it was sometime in the late 70's. From what I can recall, it was either white or cream colored and had a drawing of a cowboy on it. I have tried searching images online but have not found a match for it yet. It could have been an actual shaving mug or a coffee cup. Does anyone know of any mug that might fit this description?

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
White or cream colored mugs with ships abounded, but can't say I've seen one with a cowboy. Good luck with your search

Maybe try HERE,
Cowboy-Shaving-Mug.jpg

or Google "cowboy shaving mug."

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that's not the one. I have tried Google and ebay many times with no luck. It finally occurred to me that one of the many knowledgeable people here might be able to point me in the right direction. Also, forgot to mention before that the cowboy drawing was more of a line drawing

Vintage Seaforth mugs, of which there is a cream color, have a simple drawing of a bagpiper on them.

Might be worth checking out in case that helps to further jog your memory.

(Sent from mobile)

Thanks for the suggestion. I just googled Seaforth mugs, but didn't see anything familiar. I'll keep looking though. The only thing that I have found that seems even close is some Marlboro mugs, shown below. But from what I have found, these were made in the 80's, so it couldn't be them.

edcb5dc9aa47633a08c34bd3dd31498e.jpg

You might search among the Avon mugs or among the Rooney mugs. It dimly seems like I may have seen a cowboy themed mug there.

I agree on an Old spice mug if you don't find what you are looking for. They were extremely common in that era, and easy to rind today on Ebay.

I actually saw something in an antique store earlier this week which was very similar to what I remember. It was an old Hopalong Cassidy child's mug. They had it priced at $49 though, so I passed on it. I researched it when I got home and they were made by the Hazel-Atlas Glass Company. Searching ebay, I have found several possible candidates, in a much better price range than the antique store offered.

I plan on asking my sister to look at a few of them to see if any of them seem familiar to her. I was talking to her about this a couple of weeks before I posted here. When I mentioned the cowboy mug, she also remembered it and described it the same way that I remember. So I think with a good starting point, between the two of us we might be able to narrow it down to the correct one.

Top Bottom