What's new

Arko August 2021

You have failed but we understand the temptation that you were suffering. It is only natural when you have ARKO available.

I have returned to the straight and narrow by putting my ARKO away (again) until August. With enough willpower, you too can do the same. Be strong!
Kirko sees my actions as honorable and proper. Why deny yourself the excellence of Arko just because of a calendar name?

All Abooooard
Train leaves tomorrow
Next stop Arkoland -just a shave away
photo-1568616797786-ec3767c1ef.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
All Abooooard
Train leaves tomorrow
Next stop Arkoland -just a shave away
View attachment 1304382
These last few days shaving without ARKO have been hard for me but I found the inner the strength to abstain. Probably the hardest part of ARKO August.

I had my last non-ARKO shave this morning (Palmolive cream). Tomorrow it is back to shaving bliss with my beloved ARKO!

I Shave with straight razor atleast thrice a week and Arko works really well for me. I have it stuffed in a Williams bicentennial pewter mug after the paper and Aluminium foil peeled off after some use. Too slick to hold a "naked" arko stick and rub over the face.

Please mount me in as "some Arko, sometimes" though I suspect it will be many times.

These last few days shaving without ARKO have been hard for me but I found the inner the strength to abstain. Probably the hardest part of ARKO August.

I had my last non-ARKO shave this morning (Palmolive cream). Tomorrow it is back to shaving bliss with my beloved ARKO!
I know what you mean
Just like me -probably
Your hands are shaking
Sweat all over your face
Walking the floor
Staring the shave den loaded with Arko sticks
And you have the feeling that the time has stopped⏳

Farewell, O beautiful Tabac. 'Twas a pleasure to be enveloped in your sweet smelling slickness this morning. Fear not Tabac (and Captain's Choice, faithful Stirling, Wholly Kaw . . .), we will indeed be reunited in two passes of a fortnight. This is a journey of a month that I must take with stalwart Arko. I am sure our reuniting will be glorious. Wish me well as I face this challenge, and may we all find ourselves stronger at the other end.
IMG_20210731_085021627.jpg

I humbly request to be downgraded from Arko Sharko Whole Hog to Arko Gung-ho.
You know how it is on B&B, you read some threads and all of a sudden, you have to pull out a razor you haven't used in years. In my case, it's a Weck Sextoblade, and Shark doesn't make a hair shaper blade that would fit.
No, I'm not going to pry the lip open to pull out the Personna blade and hammer it back with a half Shark blade in.
I dunno, I guess I could try that....

I will be in again. Been trying to use up some less than stellar but too good to toss soap, this will be a nice change.
Where to, sir?
I Shave with straight razor atleast thrice a week and Arko works really well for me. I have it stuffed in a Williams bicentennial pewter mug after the paper and Aluminium foil peeled off after some use. Too slick to hold a "naked" arko stick and rub over the face.

Please mount me in as "some Arko, sometimes" though I suspect it will be many times.
Done.
I humbly request to be downgraded from Arko Sharko Whole Hog to Arko Gung-ho.
You know how it is on B&B, you read some threads and all of a sudden, you have to pull out a razor you haven't used in years. In my case, it's a Weck Sextoblade, and Shark doesn't make a hair shaper blade that would fit.
No, I'm not going to pry the lip open to pull out the Personna blade and hammer it back with a half Shark blade in.
I dunno, I guess I could try that....
Done...though I'm not sure it's a downgrade. ;)
I am in for the whole month of August.
Welcome!

The only constant is change. :)

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
  1. FoolishMortal
  2. RumpleBearskin
  3. doug1066
  4. ajkel64
  5. alla2465
  6. South Dakota Guy
  7. mio_cuggino
  8. rbscebu
  9. demaro
  10. EagleRon
  11. Silky Glide
  12. Shutterbug57
  13. ewk
  14. Dave himself
  15. lgmedler
  16. Egmont
  17. Sotiris_A
  18. Ganko
  19. emily666
  20. SpannerX
  21. Galaktus
  22. Wil_D
Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
  1. Owen Bawn
  2. JWCowboy
  3. Contact_vs_Feedback
  4. wmadoty
  5. Jubejubilee
  6. Yukonmark
  7. InkStainedWretch
  8. pdieten
Arko Boarko (all Arko, all boar, all right, all right, all right...)
  1. bluesman 7
  2. GNR
  3. Tboner
  4. Brian C.
  5. MrBeez
  6. FarmerTan
Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
  1. Multum in parvo
  2. beardlyboy
Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
  1. Fred D
  2. Chard52142
  3. Whilliam
  4. RenoRichard
  5. Lee93
  6. Messygoon
  7. zoidberg
  8. Ted A
  9. Ravenonrock
  10. motto
  11. BradWorld
  12. cryhavoc
  13. LMcC
  14. Kyle89
  15. BaPh96
  16. Roedeer
  17. OkieStubble
  18. hairless wonder
  19. Jmp63
  20. Tallships
  21. nav
  22. woodwzrd
  23. luv2shave
Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
  • andromeda673
  • Mike M
Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
  • Ivo4u2
Tomorrow, we ARKO!

Where to, sir?

Done.

Done...though I'm not sure it's a downgrade. ;)

Welcome!

The only constant is change. :)

Arko August 2021 Participants List

Arko Gung-ho (all Arko, all August)
  1. FoolishMortal
  2. RumpleBearskin
  3. doug1066
  4. ajkel64
  5. alla2465
  6. South Dakota Guy
  7. mio_cuggino
  8. rbscebu
  9. demaro
  10. EagleRon
  11. Silky Glide
  12. Shutterbug57
  13. ewk
  14. Dave himself
  15. lgmedler
  16. Egmont
  17. Sotiris_A
  18. Ganko
  19. emily666
  20. SpannerX
  21. Galaktus
  22. Wil_D
Arko-Sharko Whole-Hog (all Arko with a side of Shark)
  1. Owen Bawn
  2. JWCowboy
  3. Contact_vs_Feedback
  4. wmadoty
  5. Jubejubilee
  6. Yukonmark
  7. InkStainedWretch
  8. pdieten
Arko Boarko (all Arko, all boar, all right, all right, all right...)
  1. bluesman 7
  2. GNR
  3. Tboner
  4. Brian C.
  5. MrBeez
  6. FarmerTan
Arko 97%, yo (all Arko...minus a single, brief dalliance)
  1. Multum in parvo
  2. beardlyboy
Arko on the down-low (some Arko, sometimes)
  1. Fred D
  2. Chard52142
  3. Whilliam
  4. RenoRichard
  5. Lee93
  6. Messygoon
  7. zoidberg
  8. Ted A
  9. Ravenonrock
  10. motto
  11. BradWorld
  12. cryhavoc
  13. LMcC
  14. Kyle89
  15. BaPh96
  16. Roedeer
  17. OkieStubble
  18. hairless wonder
  19. Jmp63
  20. Tallships
  21. nav
  22. woodwzrd
  23. luv2shave
Arko is a no-go (no Arko, no way)
  • andromeda673
  • Mike M
Arko in Limbo (for those with commitment issues)
  • Ivo4u2
Tomorrow, we ARKO!
Arko Sharko Week made me realize doing only Arko for a whole month is going to be more difficult than I imagined. Kind of like the feeling I had on the first day of boot camp, like an epiphany "You really volunteered for this you dummy?". Oh well, in for a penny, in for a pound.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm off and running!

Woke up early in anticipation of the start of ARKO August. While making a lovely cup of Bushells tea, I opened a new stick of ARKO. While drinking my tea, I set the newly opened ARKO on the kitchen table so as to savour its marvelous scents. I then made another cup of tea, donned my shaving jacket and retired to the bathroom with tea and ARKO in hand.

This morning I chose to shave with my Revisor 6-0035. With everything set up on the bathroom bench, I thoroughly washed my face with bath soap and rinsed. Leaving my face wet, I dipped the open end of my ARKO into some water and applied it to my face. With my Chinese guaranteed best pure synthetic badger brush I face lathered.

While that first ARKO face lather was doing its stuff, I stropped the Revisor on my TM leather strop. I then rinsed that first lather off my face and relathered with more ARKO. What a joy that is.

With my Revisor in hand, I then performed a three-phase (WTG + 2 x XTG) passes, lightly rinsing and re-lathering between each pass. The end result was a DFS+ and me feeling on top of the world.

The residual was then thoroughly rinsed off my face, patted dry and then a good splash of Wahl Bay Rum with added witch hazel. The Revisor was given 60 laps on 0.1μm diamond pasted hanging balsa, Renaissance wax applied and put way in its kid-leather pouch and, 45 minutes after starting, retuned the Revisor to its coffin.

IMG_20210801_092237.jpg
The start of a wonderful month!

Top Bottom