What's new

Fine Clubhouse and Barber Blue

Two new soaps from Fine. Currently only available in the EU as far as I can tell, but hopefully will be in the states soon.

Clubhouse description (copied from webstore):
A slightly vanilla and spicy fragrance with floral and talc accords perfectly mixed with sweetly woody and sweet citrus notes.

Clubhouse is an homage to Pinaud Clubman and is a spicy fragrance with a hint of vanilla.

Top notes: Lavender, Lemon & Clary Sage
Middle notes: Carnation, Bourbon, Geranium, Cloves, Cedar & Patchouli
Base notes: Vanilla, Heliotrope, Tonka Bean. Oak Moss & musk

Barber Blue description (copied from webstore):
An effervescent fougère, presents top notes of sparkling lavender, oak moss and citrus lemongrass verbena; Sparkling heart notes of water lily, sweet aloe and airy ozonic facets and, base notes of fresh musk and earthy patchouli.

Barber Blue is a Fresh Fougere scent:

Top notes: Lavender, oak moss, lemongrass, verbena
Middle notes: Water lily, sweet aloe and ozone
Base notes: Moss and patchouli.

Fine Clubhouse.jpg

Fine Barber Blue.jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad I saw this, thank you for posting! His scents on previous soaps are all really spot on to the originals, which makes Clubhouse a must have. Plus I have not tried the new formula, so when that makes it to the US, I will pull the trigger!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I would buy both of these based on the descriptions. Fine soaps are excellent.

Does the blue scent compare to any other "blue" scents or would you say it's its own thing? Whenever I see something light blue, I figure it's a Floid Blue thing. The scent description and you saying it's great smelling makes it very compelling.
I thought it was Aqua Velva at first. Then, after I used it, it sort of smelled like Razorock Blue Barbershop, which is a Floid Blue clone.

Then, I asked Mr. Fine himself on instagram. He confirmed. It's a Floid Blue Homage.

I like the Clubman scent better.

I thought it was Aqua Velva at first. Then, after I used it, it sort of smelled like Razorock Blue Barbershop, which is a Floid Blue clone.

Then, I asked Mr. Fine himself on instagram. He confirmed. It's a Floid Blue Homage.

Thanks for that! This seems like a good way for me to get a Clubman scented soap.
So much for trying to cut down on soaps.

I'm still on the search for a really good clubman scented soap, maybe this is the one. I've tried CBL, PAA and even Clubman, but they all lack something.

So, is Clubhouse exactly like Clubman? Or Canoe? Or just similar? Excited for both of these and the upcoming splashes!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I bought the Barber Blue soap. Fine soaps have a very good slickness and post-shave face feel to them. Love their Aquamarine! Have that soap and splash.

Last edited:
I'm a big fan of Pinaud Clubman shaving soap with my only complaint being that it is consumed fast. I'm sure I'll try Fine Clubhouse. Thanks for the review.

Top Bottom