What's new

Fragrance / Scent of the day.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
“Migraines?” From a scent applied with “extreme moderation?” 😳🙄

That’s a pretty unique and RARE situation to be concerned about, so I’m not.

I’m more concerned about getting VALUE for my buck. 😉
Yes. People who get migraines often have scents that trigger them. If it is enough to smell, they are at risk. I agree on the value issue. That is one of the reasons I like big bottles of 4711.

D85DB6A9-7F49-40A8-A7E1-CB63E009BC6C.jpeg

Yes. People who get migraines often have scents that trigger them. If it is enough to smell, they are at risk. I agree on the value issue. That is one of the reasons I like big bottles of 4711.
Even though I generally prefer scents that linger (i.e. EdC, or EdP), I can also appreciate a good, AFFORDABLE aftershave, like a “Clubman” or a “Old Spice.”

Gotta admit, as a “fragrance head” myself, never got around to trying out “4711.”

What’s it like? 🤔

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Even though I generally prefer scents that linger (i.e. EdC, or EdP), I can also appreciate a good, AFFORDABLE aftershave, like a “Clubman” or a “Old Spice.”

Gotta admit, as a “fragrance head” myself, never got around to trying out “4711.”

What’s it like? 🤔
It is extremely light and citrusy to me. It is light enough that the other notes that are described as being there are not readily recognizable.

Agreed. But, there has been their new releases as of late called 4711 Remix in different scent varieties that actually perform nicely. They are still cologne strength yet offer a slight increase in longevity. The Misses loves them for after a shower or relaxing at home, myself included....

View attachment 1300953

That’s good to know! I’ve seen them floating around and was wondering about the longevity, because some of the new scents look really promising. Anything “cologne strength” that sticks around until lunch time is fine by me.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Awesome, fresh, crisp, rindy citrussy, beautiful. And then gone. Like, right away.
From their website:

Our 4711 Original Eau de Cologne consists of seven main ingredients which we have relied on since 1792: Lemon, orange, bergamot, lavender, rosemary, petitgrain and Neroli. Is it a traditional product? Of course! Is it monotonous? Never! Splash it, spray it, do whatever you want with it, it's yours. Take a deep breath for a moment of freshness, relaxation and calm.

Top Bottom