What's new

How long does it take you to go through a tub of soap?

There's not really a standard. Some soaps have higher water content. People load different amounts onto their brush. Some people are shaving their heads. You can look at the "My Guess... 3017" thread to see what people have reported for a wide range of different soaps. Some people are really trying to use up their soaps, though, so they load very heavy.

Most artisan soft soaps are in the range of 1.0 - 2.0 grams per shave. Hard milled soaps are generally in the 0.5 - 0.75 grams per shave range.

Last edited:
I shave both head and face every day, and I load heavy. I have only finished a couple soaps over the years. the first was Chiseled Face pine tar (loved that scent, still need another one) it took about three months. I have also finished one Stirling which took close to five months.

Klar's.jpg

I've been working on this for at least seven months and I think it may last another month. I'm not a frugal soap user either. Triple milled soaps seem to last forever. I average six months per puck.

A long time!!

These days I have a ’rotation’ so even longer.

Once upon a time, I spent a year with Haslinger’s options. It took me about 3 months, on average, to finish one of their small pucks. :thumbup: :thumbup:

A better question would be:
How many shaves do you get per 100gr of soft/triple milled soap?

I never really paid attention and have not documented any of this. I plan to do so once I finish current soaps in use and start a new one. I have one Haslinger soap waiting next in line. Will update when have data.

I've been trying to kill my tub of LASSCO Black Void for about 8 months. I shave 2-3 times a week. It's looking like about 20% left. I should be able to finish it within a year.

Given how many soaps I have, my soap expenditure is a lot slower than my acquisition, haha

I use 1/2 teaspoon everyday for 3.5 passes. I like it dense and thinnish, not fluffy. About 2 grams per shave. I guess one tub would last 1.5 -2 months. I always use a different soap and have never finished a tub. Wish I could start over. Way too many soaps.

Top Bottom