What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

Shave 4 of Shark Week
Blade: Shark SC
Razor: Rocnel Sailor 2021
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: La Toja

The Shark and Sailor are not friends - Two pinheads of blood in the water this morning.
Still ended up with a BBS.

SOTD210717.jpg

17/07/2021

Sharko #7

Razor - Yaqi DOC
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (7)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
Post - Witch Hazel/Barts Balm Sample F
AS - Benjamins Bay Rum

And with that, my final Sharko shave, and all the shaves this week were completed without a single drop of blood in the water and without the slightest bit of post shave irritation.

The ShArko combination seemed to produce winners from start to finish.

July 15, 4th shave during Sharko week

Blade: Shark Super Stainless (4)
Soap: Arko
Razor: 7 O'Clock open comb
Brush: Parker badger

The Parker badger was the first one I bought, around 10 years ago. It's lasted well, but isn't my favorite brush. The Shark Super Stainless paired with the 7 O'Clock razor works well for me. Great shave, no blood.

2021-07-15 20.38.15.jpg

View attachment 1297834
As our heroes talked into the night the barrels of Arko surfaced again, as if stalking the Arko. They moved towards the Arko gathering speed as they went until the monster rammed the Arko, water poured into the engine compartment disabling it and turning all the best soaps to foam leaving nothing to shave with but Arko.
Working through the night Quint and Hooper got the engine working, but instead of heading for home, or calling for help Quint smashed the radio and decided to hunt the shark down. If only he'd read the script.

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2 band badger
Razor: Rockwell 6C R5
Soap: Arko
Blade: Shark Platinum

After last night's blood letting with the R41 I decided to go back to using the Rockwell 6C, but changed to the R5 plate and had a decent enough shave with a DFS, although this blade is nearly ready for the bin

Yikes!! R41 + Shark!! You were lucky to get away alive!! :ouch1: :ouch1: :ouch1:

I just noticed today after 4 shaves that the blade that came in a Super Chrome tuck has “Super Chrome” then below it “Super Stainless” written on the blade. I noticed Lefonque’s blades in his pics are the same. I haven’t used one, does the Super Stainless have the same thing or do we have some genetically modified sharks, like sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?
:laugh: I unloaded my one and only Super Chrome blade to see how it was labeled. It's at least several years old (and different again).

Side One ('scuse the blurry pics :blushing:):
SharkSC-1-2_2021-07-17.jpg

Side Two:
SharkSC-3-4_2021-07-17.jpg

I have been using the JAWS razors this week because it seemed fitting. The Shark/JAWS combo has been working well for me this year. Last year I had to switch from the JAWS to a Fatip OC to finish the week. Perhaps old stock SS blades were an issue or maybe the Oceana soap just works better. It could also be my technique though I have been wet shaving over 10 years. At any rate, once this week is over, I plan to use the Shark blades in a Rex Ambassador (my daily driver) to see how they perform.

Razor: Kent of Inglewood - Hoxton (Gun Metal)
Blade: Shark Platinum (2)
Brush: Henri et Victoria - High Mountain White Badger 22mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Shannon's Soaps - Silk Pajamas
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave - "Happyland Barbershop"
3974C126-C03C-4DEC-AE93-47AD873228D9.jpeg

48B39E89-2716-43B3-A7DD-502D3E7779DD.jpeg

I once shot a shark in my Pajamas…What he was doing in my Pajamas I’ll never know!
Great shave today. I chose my little used Hoxton razor (fabulous looking) which is the house brand for Kent of Inglewood. When I got it, the box said “Made in China”, and it looked to be another copy of an EJ head…except…there is a noticeable bit more blade exposure than on the EJ’s. Big difference in shave quality. It cleaned up my neck fast and efficiently. Something the EJ never could do.
Pre shave I scrubbed my face with a brush and soap with volcanic powder in it. As soon as I got out of the shower I slathered hyaluronic acid onto my damp face and let it be totally absorbed.
My face was totally plumped and primed for this shave.
Silk Pajamas - Excellent, slick, protective lather. Slickness that survives multiple passes.
Shark Platinum - Loves this Hoxton razor.

Top Bottom