What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

E31185F6-17CD-487B-9F97-3388FD7E3AF7.jpeg

Pre: Proraso blue
Brush: Maggard u-build Timberwolf
Lather: PdP 63 w/Stirling Frost drops
Blade: Shark Super Chrome(3)🦈
Razor: FOCS

Fatip Friday and SHARKWEEK2021 collide! Another smooth shave with the super chrome blade. This time paired with the Fatip oc slant. Smooth but super efficient but that just means an extra pass. Fine by me! I don’t love the PdP soap. The performance is fine, but the scent is a cut hair above non existent. Works decent enough though. The frost drops def chilled it out which was quite pleasant. The ClubGuy is my first go with a “star jelly”. A little goes a long way. Def feel the alcohol at very first but the face feel is quite pleasant. I don’t really the scent of menthol but it departs fast leaving just the main scent which is said to be a Clubman dupe. Anyways, nice menthol heavy shave before heading out to the ‘burbs to try and find some razors in the wild. Have a great weekend!

Shave 2 of shark week for me. Still no blood but a touch of reoccurring irritation.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Le Pere Lucien Oud Neroli

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Gentile SE
- Shark Super Chrome (2)
- Zenith 80B Boar

Razor: Weber DLC
Blade: Shark SS(4)
Soap : Vintage Avon Gentleman's Regiment
Brush: MADE RITE with re-knot
AS : Avon Everest

7-16-21.JPG

Good shave today...no weepers or irritation. Blade was a little duller than yesterday and needed some touchups for DFS.
One or two shaves left for this blade. This blade seems better than the first blade,,,going back to first blade tomorrow.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20210716_223128.jpg

As our heroes talked into the night the barrels of Arko surfaced again, as if stalking the Arko. They moved towards the Arko gathering speed as they went until the monster rammed the Arko, water poured into the engine compartment disabling it and turning all the best soaps to foam leaving nothing to shave with but Arko.
Working through the night Quint and Hooper got the engine working, but instead of heading for home, or calling for help Quint smashed the radio and decided to hunt the shark down. If only he'd read the script.

Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2 band badger
Razor: Rockwell 6C R5
Soap: Arko
Blade: Shark Platinum

After last night's blood letting with the R41 I decided to go back to using the Rockwell 6C, but changed to the R5 plate and had a decent enough shave with a DFS, although this blade is nearly ready for the bin

Karve SS C Always a smooth shave.
Shark SS (5) Still going. Sharks like Karving.
Shannon's Barbershop Took a lot of water, very slick.
Maggard 26mm SHD in a semi-generic Mess O' Resin handle.
Formula K Always a treat!
Stirling Gin & Tonic balm Soothing feel, a scent as fresh as the ocean, what's not to like?

3 smooth passes, pleasant sailing. The Karve tamed the Shark. No blood today.

IMG_0434.jpg

8D6EE207-DB42-4DF2-A348-904B469F3A4B.jpeg

🛥⚓🦈 🦈 SHARK WEEK
Shave: 5
July 15 2021
Soap: Stirling Evergreen 🌳
Razor: Brass Karve A plate with 3.25 handle. This could be my favorite. But then again I havent tryed a Fatboy yet.
Blade: Shark Platinum (9)
First use was 8-15-20
Brush: Stirling Finest Badger 24 mm Fan Knot
2 pass some touch up DFS.
There was no 🩸

D24BAAD6-C044-4265-A14B-F015AFA5A9E4.jpeg

WHAT!!! Come on now!!! Not in the forest too!!!

Shave #6

JAWS .84
Super Chrome (3)
Oceana soap and balm
Semogue boar brush

Back home from my travels so decided to try a boar brush with the Oceana. Lather was about the same as it was with the Atlantis. Did a 2 pass shave with some touch ups for a mostly BBS finish. I have had 3 shaves each with the Chrome and Platinum so tomorrow I will try the Super Stainless.

Day 6
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 best badger
Razor: Gillette Tech
Soap: Williams
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (3rd shave)

The Shark SS is being very comfortable and still no blood in the water. I am still going to use this blade tomorrow. [emoji1655][emoji1655]

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

Razor: 🦊 Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant
Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Chisel and Hound “Buffalo Valley” with 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Soap and Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre

Fatip Friday / Shark Week shave, double trouble today as I gotta keep my eyes peeled in the water for 🦈 and on land for 🦊. Used a new Super Chrome today and got a close and smooth BBS with no irritation but got nipped, this time by something a bit bigger, as I had a half dozen weepers. There is blood in the water and on the beach but I made it to the safety of my vehicle luckily.

227F92BD-E08A-4C8F-9B3A-70161BB75BF8.jpeg

Also, I’m not very observant, obviously. I just noticed today after 4 shaves that the blade that came in a Super Chrome tuck has “Super Chrome” then below it “Super Stainless” written on the blade. I noticed Lefonque’s blades in his pics are the same. I haven’t used one, does the Super Stainless have the same thing or do we have some genetically modified sharks, like sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?

Brush: TGN Black Badger 24mm
Razor: Yaqi katana
Soap: Stirling Eskimo Tuxedo
Blade: Shark Super Chrome
Aftershave: Stirling sandpiper mixed with a little cryogen
Blade felt fairly dull to me compared to the super chrome. No nicks though, just needed some extra buffing in several spots.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
5AFAF843-A8DD-471E-BF6D-F17B92B5B0E1.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapSquadron Soap The Captain’s Blend, Australia 🇦🇺
BrushBGB Synthesis Badger, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorYaqi Mellon, China 🇨🇳
BladeShark SC, Egypt 🇪🇬
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceSquadron Soap The Warden, Australia 🇦🇺
Rating9.5/10

Sharks with laser beams sounds scary, but the scariest animal is a shark riding an elephant just trampling and chomping it’s way around.
Razor: 🦊 Fatip Lo Storto Originale Slant
Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Chisel and Hound “Buffalo Valley” with 26mm V9 Fanchurian
Soap and Aftershave: Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre

Fatip Friday / Shark Week shave, double trouble today as I gotta keep my eyes peeled in the water for 🦈 and on land for 🦊. Used a new Super Chrome today and got a close and smooth BBS with no irritation but got nipped, this time by something a bit bigger, as I had a half dozen weepers. There is blood in the water and on the beach but I made it to the safety of my vehicle luckily.

View attachment 1298012

Also, I’m not very observant, obviously. I just noticed today after 4 shaves that the blade that came in a Super Chrome tuck has “Super Chrome” then below it “Super Stainless” written on the blade. I noticed Lefonque’s blades in his pics are the same. I haven’t used one, does the Super Stainless have the same thing or do we have some genetically modified sharks, like sharks with frickin laser beams attached to their heads?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CB44A3EF-9582-46BF-82E1-77C405D6F178.jpeg

Shave number 6 for Shark Week and shave number 4 on the Shark Super Stainless. Better today, I still opened up the same weeper from the past few days but the rest of the shave was okay. I will be glad when Shark Week is over. So much blood this year.

20210716_171750-01.jpeg
SOTD #182/2021

16-07-2021

>> SHARK WEEK 2021 <<

Preshave: frigid tap water, PAA The Cube 2.0
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura Taj handle
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Merkur 34G
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man AS.

Very nice and easy 3 pass shave today, no nicks. The Shark Super Stainless did a flawless job.

Truly enjoyed the scent of the lather again - that much that I decided to dedicate the month of August to the Creed Aventus scent DNA.
Have a look over here, fellow Shark shavers...

Enjoy your weekend, y'all!

Last edited:
Saturday July 17th, Shark Week Shave #6

IMG-2994.jpg

Razor: Gillette New RFB
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express 2-Band 26mm
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Stirling Arkadia

IMG-2990.jpg

The blade tugged big time today so it got binned.
Little blood in the water, (opened up thursdays weeper).

Shark week- 4th shave (last one of Shark week)

Pre: Bulldog face wash
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Cream:Arko sensitieve lavender
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD500
Blade: Shark SS(4)
Brush: Semogue 1438 boar
Post: cold water, Thayer's witch hazel unscented, Epsilon blue med a/s splash and Arko sensitive lavender balm

Verdict: half decent shave, no blood spilled or weepers. The shark blade starting to tug and seems a bit dull. It's time for it to be introduced to the blade bin:) Nevertheless less, 4 good shaves with this blade.

Have a nice weekend everyone

Top Bottom