What's new

B&B SHARK WEEK 2021 starts JULY 11th!!

I watched some strange sharks this morning...interesting
Head and face shaves; lost the fight against the unknown fierce sharp teeth.
Shark Platinum....first use.....I had never used this blade, ever (do like the SS)
Razor: Merkur 510 (I had such an amazing shave w a Feather 3rd use a while back....) setting 3.4-4
Soap MDC
Brush EJ synthetic large
Alum burned....
Witch medicated
Proraso Blue
Aqua Velva 5-1

2+ passes....I might , well I did, overdo the shaving in the back of my head.....had a solid burning....no running blood despite use of aspirin.....but the burning continued so I took a pic.......straight blade CUT......SHark BITE....(this is very strange for me, had on a few years ago....).

Well might have to try this blade again in a Karve or a Lupo OC.....
PXL_20210716_045028562.jpg

Fri 16 Shark Week 6th SOTD
Soap Stirling Boat Drinks 1st Use
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC on a Yaqi Handle
Blade Shark Platinum 🦈 Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Wintergreen + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
Enjoyed this nice soap! The scent reminded me of some fizzy pop..the lather was rich creamy and quite slick...
Continuing Shark Week 6th shave with the razor and blade pairing. This combination was super smooth...glass-like sea surface...until unexpectedly bitten...lesson learned, don't let the guard down especially if all looks calm & smooth! 3passes for a mostly bbs finish but 2 red spots. The aftershaves were excellent!
20210716_090554.jpg

No shave Tuesday as Monday’s with the Shark SC and Timeless .95 OC was so efficient, there was next to nothing to shave. Instead of going in the water, I decided to stay on the beach and work on my tan, occasionally seeing that ominous dorsal fin off in the distance poking up through the waves.

Wednesday - Shark Week Shave #2

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (2)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper (Heavyweight)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Neptune Hurricane” with 26mm Thäter 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Coconut
Aftershave: Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Splash

There’s blood in the water, everybody out! After Monday’s shave, today I only did a two pass aiming for DFS so I have something to shave tomorrow. I got a DFS with no cuts or irritation but although I was trying for an easy effortless shave, there was blood in the water. I didn’t even see it so I’m guessing I got nipped by a dwarf lantern shark as I got two weepers that went away with the alum.

368034F3-2DB7-4584-8302-0C5CDB570618.jpeg

Thursday - Shark Week Shave #3

Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (3)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap: Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Aftershave: Ethos Clean (Unscented) Skin Food Splash

I made it out of the water unscathed today. Did a 3 pass shave, got a DFS+ with no cuts, weepers or irritation. I think the blade is starting to deteriorate as it began tugging on the ATG and was not as efficient as the previous two shaves as I would have had to work to get a BBS and likely get some irritation, it was effortless on the first shave. Another enjoyable shave with this blade but think I’ll use a new blade tomorrow as I don’t think this one will be able to finish the next shave. After my run in with the dwarf lantern shark yesterday, I’m not taking a chance of bumping into one of the big boys.

1078F2D7-8EFF-4FE7-B8F6-95CD137C9976.jpeg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
EEE01CA0-FCE7-4600-901E-35F47D421BB8.jpeg

Shark Week 2021 shave number 5. Third shave on the Shark Super Stainless. I opened up the same weeper again and gave myself another nick. Blood yet again, that is 5 days in a row. I must be heading for the most “blood in the water” shaves in Shark Week history.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Today is
FRIDAY
of
SHARKO WEEK

16 July, 2021
______

Pre: Noxzema
Brush: H.I.S 25mm synth
Lather: ARKO stick
Razor: Oristo
Blade: SHARK "Super Stainless"
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Guerlain "Jicky"
Shaved late on Wednesday, so there
wasn't much to shave yesterday.

Today I had a good growth which the
Shark easily gobbled up without
drawing a single drop of blood.
A true BBS shave!

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

First bloodless shave of this week!
I broke out a fresh Platinum, my trusty Tech and some Nivea. DFS but I still don’t like how the blade feels on my face - this must be an acquired taste…
Last from the bunch will be the Super Chrome for the rest of the week. I hope I will be positively surprised but don’t have high hopes on the outcome.
E582501D-E950-4A1C-AB4D-72AE23183E2F.jpeg

'53 Super Speed
Shark SS (6) 🦈
Stirling MITA
Omega 10066 boar
Bootlegger's Arctic Lime

Just floating along on an iceberg, sipping margaritas and sucking on limes with my buddy, Sharkie. He's really not a bad fella once you get to know him. (But he ain't the sharpest blade in the box, if ya know what I mean.)
1626436104809.png

Last edited:
60271C4F-AADB-4407-90D6-6B643AEBCACE.jpeg

Shark Week SOTD #6

Razor: Razorock Lupo 95
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (6)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Old Spice

Good morning! Face lathered Stirling Spice with my Starcraft. Very nice lather. The Shark blade was not doing so well today. A lot of pulling and tugging, not an especially comfortable shave. Decent results, DFS. Finished with vintage Old Spice. No blood!

I think that for me, Shark Week has come to an end. It’s been a fun ride, and this blade managed to impress me a few times, but I think it’s reached the end of its life, and there’s other things I want to shave with including some Personna Reds, and also some GEM razors both gifted from members here.

Stay safe out there!

Shark SS Blade #1 Shave #6
Tools: Lupo Razor, Arko & Plissoft Brush.
Got a close three pass shave this A.M.
The Shark blade is slowing down even more but I will stick with it.
Got one small nick on the chin area that closed after a few seconds.
No neck irritation noted. :thumbup1:

Sharko 6

Razor Wolfman WR2 1.15
Blade Shark Super Stainless (3)
Brush AP Shave Co. 26mm Cashmere
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS Pinaud Lime Sec

Rating 10/10 BBS

Second shave with the Wolfman and another great one. I could have stopped after 2 passes with a DFS but I pressed on with a third pass and BBS was my reward. Blade is still hanging in there. The two bumps that got sliced yesterday got sliced again today. This shark doesn't pass on a easy meal.

Sharko 6.jpg

ShArko Shave (VI)

CVS TTO, and a Shark SS(6)

Blood in the water. Cut myself twice this morning. Maybe I need to be a little more careful with a blade I know is past its best. I will continue to use this blade to the end of Shark Week but I will need to be a little more careful.

That Grizzly Bay brush sure is a looker.
No shave Tuesday as Monday’s with the Shark SC and Timeless .95 OC was so efficient, there was next to nothing to shave. Instead of going in the water, I decided to stay on the beach and work on my tan, occasionally seeing that ominous dorsal fin off in the distance poking up through the waves.

Wednesday - Shark Week Shave #2

Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (2)
Brush: Grizzly Bay “Neptune Hurricane” with 26mm Thäter 2-Band Silvertip (Bulb)
Cream: Taylor of Old Bond Street Coconut
Aftershave: Stirling Coconut Lime Aftershave Splash

There’s blood in the water, everybody out! After Monday’s shave, today I only did a two pass aiming for DFS so I have something to shave tomorrow. I got a DFS with no cuts or irritation but although I was trying for an easy effortless shave, there was blood in the water. I didn’t even see it so I’m guessing I got nipped by a dwarf lantern shark as I got two weepers that went away with the alum.

View attachment 1297447

Thursday - Shark Week Shave #3

Blade: 🦈 Super Chrome (3)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap: Ariana & Evans St. Barts
Aftershave: Ethos Clean (Unscented) Skin Food Splash

I made it out of the water unscathed today. Did a 3 pass shave, got a DFS+ with no cuts, weepers or irritation. I think the blade is starting to deteriorate as it began tugging on the ATG and was not as efficient as the previous two shaves as I would have had to work to get a BBS and likely get some irritation, it was effortless on the first shave. Another enjoyable shave with this blade but think I’ll use a new blade tomorrow as I don’t think this one will be able to finish the next shave. After my run in with the dwarf lantern shark yesterday, I’m not taking a chance of bumping into one of the big boys.

View attachment 1297448

First bloodless shave of this week!
I broke out a fresh Platinum, my trusty Tech and some Nivea. DFS but I still don’t like how the blade feels on my face - this must be an acquired taste…
Last from the bunch will be the Super Chrome for the rest of the week. I hope I will be positively surprised but don’t have high hopes on the outcome.
View attachment 1297509

No blood??? Are you sure you have a Shark in that Gillette?? :letterk1: :letterk1: :letterk1: :letterk1:

Top Bottom