20210715_090437_kindlephoto-122753949.jpg

15/07/2021

Sharko #5

Razor - Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade - Shark Super Stainless (5)
Soap - Arko
Brush - Omega Wild Hog
AS - Akcay Tobacco

The blade's past it best, a few spots where there's a bit of growth left after 2 passes but the blade's smooth enough and I've got no post shave irritation so I will keep using this blade for the rest of Shark week.

Razor: STAR - Gold Tone DE 1946-1959 (Hex Handle)
Blade: Shark Platinum (1st)
Brush: Dscosmetic - Carrot Handle Synthetic(26mm)
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Zingari Man - The Duo (BBS Live)
Aftershave: Zingari Man - The Duo (BBS Live)
375ECFC9-8C19-4351-97B9-3451505C53D8.jpeg

EC056E43-F1E4-49FA-A147-EB6083A1A968.jpeg

Here Shark…sit, fetch, heel…play dead.
Today I switched from Shark SS to Shark Platinum. Much the same in my opinion. Both blades needed to work a little extra on the tough chin stubble. This was with either the EJ or the Star DE. Not so much of a problem with the Superspeeds or Rockwell 6S.
I somehow formed a prejudice against the Zingari “The Duo” when I first got it and don’t know why. Good coverage and excellent slickness. The scent is very soft and unassuming.
Nice smooth shave with a good post shave feel.

ShArko Shave (V)

CVS TTO, and a Shark SS(4) and still no blood but I did feel the big fellow bump me twice. He/she even seemed to try grabbing those two spots on my face but could not hold on long enough to draw blood.

The blade is getting duller and it is just a matter of time. Hopefully we will get through the week unbloodied.

View attachment 1297006
Shark Week shave number 4. Much better today. Shave number 2 on the Shark Super Stainless. I only opened up one of the past days weepers, and the shave was much more satisfactory then the previous attempts. I still have to be very wary at the bottom of the neck line. Hopefully I can get this blade to get me to Sunday And the end of another Shark Week.
Could it be you changed the cream and that led to improvement?

Yesterdays shave was my first ever shave with a Shark blade and the my FaTip the Super Chrome performed pretty well! For me it felt like a smooth blade that while not the sharpest is sharp enough for a close shave in this razor. No blood in the water today!

shark (2).jpg

re-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Saponificio Varesino Opuntia

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Arran Lochranza Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Special Edition (Gentile Head)
- Shark Super Chrome (1)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Essens Beauty version of Creed Viking EDP

Troll...Troll in the dungeon... Oops wrong marathon week 😬. And now back to our regularly scheduled 🦈🦈🦈 week... Ahem

Razor: new King C Gillette
Blade: Shark Super Chrome(2)
Soap:ARKO
Brush: Shave Nation synth is being sacrificed to the Arko gods.

Blood in the water from a known ingrown hair but, Arko kept the shark at bay for the rest...

ps. My wife believes that Arko is a sideline product for the toilet cake factory by the scent 😂

PXL_20210715_142814607.jpg

Last edited:
Shark Week - 3rd shave

Pre: Cube mentholated soap
Bowl: Muhle black ceramic
Brush: Semogue 1438 boar
Cream: Arko lavender sensitive
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD500
Blade: Shark SS (3)
Post: cold water, Thayer's unscented witch hazel, Skin Bracer a/s splash & Arko lavender sensitive balm

Verdict: comfortable stress free shave, no tugging or cuts. The shark blade is still performing well. No sharks biting today!
I must say the rocket razor and shark blade make a nice combination:)

Shark Week - Shave #3 & #4 - Shark Super Stainless; Shave #5 - Shark Chrome

Equipment:
Merkur 20C, Shark Super Stainless (3 & 4), PdP Bergamot (3) and Tabac (4), GrayDog GreyWolf Brush
The Shave: Both shaves were nice, except for the end of Shave #4, blade began feeling draggy and dull, still managed to get a DFS shave.

Equipment: Merkur 20C, Shark Chrome (1), Wilkinson Shave Stick, GrayDog GreyWolf Brush
The Shave: Shark Chromes have torn up my face in the past and Shark Chromes are all I have left for Shark blades. I nervously loaded one into my razor...and...had a very nice, smooth shave with it.

Yesterdays shave was my first ever shave with a Shark blade and the my FaTip the Super Chrome performed pretty well! For me it felt like a smooth blade that while not the sharpest is sharp enough for a close shave in this razor. No blood in the water today!

View attachment 1297094

re-shave (in order of use)
- Hawkins & Brimble Face Wash
- Jack Black Face Buff Scrub
- Truefitt and Hill Pre-shave Oil
- Saponificio Varesino Opuntia

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Stirling Tea Tree, Witch Hazel & Aloe
- Hylamide Skin Serums
- Arran Lochranza Aftershave Balm
- Jack Black Double-Duty Face Moisturiser

Tools
- FaTip Special Edition (Gentile Head)
- Shark Super Chrome (1)
- Antica Barberia Mondial Boar

Fragrance for the day
- Essens Beauty version of Creed Viking EDP
It seems to me like I have read more than 10 times the words "not the sharpest", "not sharp" etc. regarding Shark Super Chrome. :lol:

Top Bottom