What's new

July 2021 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Well I decided to join in, I was out of commission on the 1st so no restock this month, I'll do with what I have, got the cremo cooling mint out of the top shelf for the month. not fancy like must of you but then it's paid for and has been gavering dust since I last used it in January.

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @hopper_64
3) @Sinnbad11
4) @SharpieB
5) @Roedeer
6) @Herrenberg
7) @Owen Bawn
8) @RumpleBearskin - QUADSAB
9) Contact_vs_Feedback - out (7/3: Home-made ASB in June)
10) @henrickd - GRUYERE
11) @JKar
12) @Doti B
13) @mattps1
14) @Tomo
15) @cryhavoc - GRUYERE
16) Schnitzel52 - out (7/3: Gillette Tech from PIF)
17) @‘Bout Time
18) @pdieten - GRUYERE
19) @Stuart Ganis
20) @wmadoty - GRUYERE
21) @Timeclo
22) @Jmp63 - GRUYERE, QUADSAB
23) @sandorfi
24) @linty1
25) @tjsgarden
26) @Kyle89
27) @Multum in parvo
28) @FL shaver
29) @scoots
30) @Abz88
31) @La Malice

Happy 4th everyone

Last night's SOTD with Fatip OC Slant and Astra SP (1)

Changing up the angle a lot steeper resulted in much more comfortable shave than before. I didn't get as close as last time but I did not have any stinging with the alum. Gotta go back to the basics even after couple years in this hobby.

Still in.

Spending a week vacation at the cottage so not shaving as often as usual.

todays shave was a good one though…

Brush: Simpson Special Best badger
Razor: Razorock Hawk v2
Blade: Feather Artist Club Pro
Soap: Henri et Victoria Lime
AS: Frye & Co Sandalwood balm

Happy 4th to all of my American Friends! I will be watching your fireworks tonight from across the water in Canada. 👍

Still in
Very close and comfortable shave today Stirling with a nacet.
0704211525a~2.jpg

Still in

Schick Injector Type E3
Schick Injector (12)
Mike's Bay Rum
Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown synthetic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I had a great BBS Birthday shave today! I'm looking forward to a day Family and friends, fixing burgers and dogs, drinking beer and Fireworks!

Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans and Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Birthday! Hope it was a good one,

still in.

Rocnel Sailor 2021
Wilkinson Super Sword-edge (day 2)
Simpsons M7
SV Dolomiti Beta 4.0
SV Dolomiti aftershave

Two passes, very smooth and irritation-free.

I finished off a 2ml sample sachet of SV Dolomiti aftershave. It works well with my skin and as some variation from the daily witch hazel-astringent. I foresee more SV aftershave purchases in my future to match each of the SV soap pucks in my stash.

Happy Independence day for those in the US!

proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Yesterday I gave my Beagle bulb its first Arko face lathering adventure- rubbed the stick on my face and then the Beagle made extraordinary lather. Very happy about it. Today, the Beagle fan got a big shot of green Proraso cream right up its wazoo and it too provided me with an outstanding face lather shave.

It's easy to stay in restraint when you have new stuff like these Beagles to play with!

still in.

SOTD
Gillette New Deluxe
Wilkinson Super Sword Edge, Made in England vintage
MDC Original "le brain bowl"
Simpsons Emperor 3
Sans aftershave
Amougage Memoir

The MDC original is very nice, I really love the scent. The brain bowl once it appeared at home was challenged by my wife, but once she gave it a whiff and I explained it's Loire valley origins, it received the tick of approval to stay visible in bathroom.

I also have managed to sell off another razor this week to pay for shaving spending last month!

P7060071 (2).JPG

14CCE6B0-5FAE-4CB7-BCF4-B748C3F1E97F.jpeg

Brought the Slim back, with a ‘90s Gillette Super Stainless that was probably made in Russia (4). As for the brush, it’s time to rationalize the brush inventory and some things will be leaving soon. I want to keep this little travel brush handle and its original plastic tube it came with, because it is a member of a group of four 1950s butterscotch Made Rites I have (this one is the 200TC.) But the faux horse synth knot I originally reknotted it with is awful. So today I finally got around to pulling out and tossing that knot, and installed this marginally better one. Tonight was the test lather. Now at least it’s equal to the task of serving as a travel brush. Lather was fine.

The Sea Breeze I used as aftershave stung a bit today, though that’s because my face is a little sunburnt after being out for a few hours today. All good otherwise.

Top Bottom