What's new

Synthetic Summer

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Synthetic Summer
Razor: Blackland Brass Blackbird
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Frickwerkz handle (PAA 26mm Roswell Grey Hybrid Synthetic knot)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Goodfellas Sea Citrus
Aftershave: Epsilon Mediterranean Blue
Fragrance: Belcam Blue Depths EdT Spray
shave 20210617_172609_2.jpg

Ok... So I couldn't resist and added two new synthetic brushes to my list. The first one being a Phoenix Star craft. Love the design. Handle was slightly heavier than I expected and took a few seconds to get the hang of it but, created an awesome amount of lather and had great feel on the face.

Attachments

• PXL_20210618_033757114.jpg
    PXL_20210618_033757114.jpg
    9.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210618_035934114.jpg
    PXL_20210618_035934114.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 5
Well, I didn’t use a synthetic today. In fact, I didn’t use a brush at all. So why am I posting here? Cuz I wanna! 😂

I haven’t used canned foam in years, but I bought this one for travel because I don’t really wanna mess with any extra gear on the road. I have been using a solid body wash bar from this company for a while that I’m happy with, so I decided to give the shave foam a go. I originally started using the body wash bar because I wanted to cut down on all the plastic I was buying, turns out it’s a quality product too. The company is doing good things and the customer service is top notch. Worth checking out 👍🏼
656C1C2D-E3D7-4EA8-9A34-1FF106844EE9.jpeg
C171FAF9-285F-48E3-90B6-1B33456EF5A0.jpeg
FD65135C-F2F0-49E8-B930-8838B4D0761F.jpeg

The foam was actually pretty decent! Will it change the way I shave at home? Nah, I like my shaving routine way too much for that!! But, on the road (or in a rush) it’s a great option for a quick, passable, and slick shave.

IMG_0497.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: pre-war British Duplex
Blade: Treet Falcon Carbon 3rd use - retired
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony Synth
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: BBS

My third and last Synth in my current rotation. It's different to all my other brushes (super soft, no scrub, splays easy) yet it is my best behaved and easiest to use Synth - the razor is another story...

View attachment 1283337

Pre:-
Razor: pre-war British Duplex
Blade: Treet Falcon Carbon 3rd use - retired
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony Synth
Cream: Musgo Real
Result: BBS

My third and last Synth in my current rotation. It's different to all my other brushes (super soft, no scrub, splays easy) yet it is my best behaved and easiest to use Synth - the razor is another story...
I have the same. If this brush had a bit of scrub, I would be using only it. It is the best behaved synthetic brush indeed even for me.

Lunacy and double personality disorder meet mea culpa.

I repent.

I despised you. Now I'm fan.

Today's shave was supposed to be a farewell event between myself and MWF.

West Yorkshire, a 1930's unchanged formula, the sheep and all the wool got me thinking that the scent would have me transported to the hills of the English country side. Instead, it got me to a laundry room, haunted by a faint smell of my great grandmother's powdery perfume. Expectations, expectations, expectations...

I went back to the T2 today, and lathering the MWF on my face with this (smaller and more nimble) brush felt just... right. And I made peace with my great grandmother's powdery perfume.

(Expectations of the outdoors now lay with Fitjar's and the exquisite descriptions of their scents - when and if I pull that trigger).

On the other hand, I've reached a verdict regarding the Trafalgars: the smaller T2 is the winner. The T3 may feel luxurious, but it's not my brush. Too dense and big. Goodbye.

S-SOTD:

Gillette Brazilian Goodwill with GSB - There are 3 razors I still want to try: the GC .84-P, a Lupo (don't ask me which one) and the Vector. But this combo is so good that, you know what?...

Simpson Trafalgar T2 - "The smaller, the better"

MWF - as Frank would say:

Call me irresponsible
Call me unreliable
Throw in undependable, too​
Do my foolish alibis bore you?
Well, I'm not too clever, I
I just adore you​

5706A351-49AB-4DD7-ABC3-99ED3BBCE442.jpeg

Well, I didn’t use a synthetic today. In fact, I didn’t use a brush at all. So why am I posting here? Cuz I wanna! 😂

I haven’t used canned foam in years, but I bought this one for travel because I don’t really wanna mess with any extra gear on the road. I have been using a solid body wash bar from this company for a while that I’m happy with, so I decided to give the shave foam a go. I originally started using the body wash bar because I wanted to cut down on all the plastic I was buying, turns out it’s a quality product too. The company is doing good things and the customer service is top notch. Worth checking out 👍🏼
View attachment 1283301View attachment 1283302View attachment 1283303

The foam was actually pretty decent! Will it change the way I shave at home? Nah, I like my shaving routine way too much for that!! But, on the road (or in a rush) it’s a great option for a quick, passable, and slick shave.

You can argue that it doesn't get any more synthetic than canned foam, so you're fine!

I'm a huge fan of bar soaps.

The advent of the liquid body wash is one of the great decays of modern civilization. It's impossible not to feel miserable and deprived of everything while taking a shower with that thing. You're travelling on business, you get to a hotel, it's late, you're tired, you want to take a shower, you go to the bathroom and, voilà!, body wash! Not even one of those tiny soap samplers...

And I'm an even greater fan of using one soap for both body and hair. I've been doing it with Dove for more than 20 years and it works really well for me. (Granted: since I've never used hair conditioner, my preference for one-soap-fits-all may be biased.)

A luxurious bar of soap is one of the cheapest ways to feel rich (together with: well shined shoes; a shower that pours tons of water; abundance of ice cubes and a spotless clean car - although someone has to clean the car for you; otherwise, it doesn't work).

Top Bottom