What's new

Safety Razor Acquisition Thread.

Fell into the modern pool again (sigh) because of my addiction to try new razors. And no, this is not a Rex; it is the Denali, another small batch US made adjustable. Was only sold through an Italian vendor and is now sold out (it seems).

316 stainless
At 96 grams 12 grams lighter than the Rex
Supposedly a lot milder

I’ve always been drawn to the Rex design but was scared off by the weight and the reviews that it is a pretty aggressive razor even at the lowest level. Maybe this will do something for me.

BE959508-6A1E-4CF5-AD4E-BEA4CEDEB1D9.jpeg
7A759B1B-B36F-4216-B200-0AFFDB7651DC.jpeg
1C734EE8-45C8-4E78-9CD5-E562117E1E3F.jpeg

Last edited:
Morning mail X 3!

Time for some soap and a mild polish.

Gillette #44

Red Ring

Gillette Brit Aristocrat Gold (looks like the Deluxe in a non-deluxe case).

View attachment 1278782

Awesome. I just received a #44 yesterday. Came up pretty clean no plate loss. The hollow handle is cool. RFB give the best shave imo. Will give it a whirl tonight. Nice score on the lot there!

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
User grade Red Tip from the US - bit of plate loss on the bottom but technically sound.
How fragile is the paint? Can I fully immerse it in hot soapy water and is a soft tootbrush ok for the nooks and crannies?
View attachment 1279990
View attachment 1279991
View attachment 1279992
I have soaked both US and English Red Tips in hot soapy water and also used a toothbrush to clean, and the paint was unaffected. My paint is also worn and I prefer to leave it that way but some like to repaint. Very nice shaver, I read that the English version has a slightly larger blade gap but I could not tell the difference between them.

Top Bottom