What's new

Shavus interruptus

I had my shower and I was getting stuff ready for my shave of the evening. I put a few things on the bathroom sink, got the phone out for that all-important SOTD photo - more details about the shave I ended up with in the SOTD thread for this week.

Then my better half started vacuuming and de-cluttering a bit, and trying to talk to me about a few things. The cats got restless and there was just a lot going on. It threw me off my game and my interest in a relaxing shave evaporated. In the end, I did get my shave after a relaxing dinner and a movie in a vacuumed and de-cluttered home. :thumbup:

What throws you off your shaving game, if anything?

The number of interruptions, noise, and general mayhem I have to put up with around this house with my wife, our teenage daughters, and my mother in law is enough to make me want to buy a cabin in the woods to move into. I don't care if I'd have to shave with cold water drawn from a stream.

I tend to get my shower and shave in either early in the morning or after most have gone to bed.

Totally understand that feeling of being interrupted during my shave. It happens sometimes but not so often luckily.
Glad you were able to relax later in the day and complete your shave.

The wife often decides that it’s a good time for a shower. Pretty annoying in the winter time when the mirror fogs up.

I tend to get my shower and shave in either early in the morning or after most have gone to bed.

I shave at night when most people are sleeping so I don’t have any interruptions.
That's probably a good move that I should adopt as well. ;)

The wife often decides that it’s a good time for a shower. Pretty annoying in the winter time when the mirror fogs up.
Happens here too on occasion. I mainly miss the feedback from the razor when the shower is going.

LOTH here leaves me alone during my shaves.

(She has learned that I am usually in a very receptive mood after a great shave! :a29:)

Yeah I learned early on that kids and the wife will keep interrupting me, so i switched my shaving schedule lol.
That's probably a good move that I should adopt as well. ;)

Happens here too on occasion. I mainly miss the feedback from the razor when the shower is going.

Top Bottom