What's new

Desert island 🏝 soap/cream?

You guys are terrible! LOL! 😄🤣😂

Careful, you’re probably breaking some “Tabac” fans hearts! 😢
I love Tabac, but the truth is the truth. Whether or not a scent smells "good" or "bad" is entirely subjective, of course. That being said, as a Tabac fanboy, I'll be the first to recognize that the scent is downright feminine.

...as a Tabac fanboy, I'll be the first to recognize that the scent is downright feminine.

1622655215552.png

Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents

The Milksteak base is fantastic, and it's the best scented soap I own. I will admit, A&E Vanille de Tabac runs a close second for the same reasons.

I love Tabac, but the truth is the truth. Whether or not a scent smells "good" or "bad" is entirely subjective, of course. That being said, as a Tabac fanboy, I'll be the first to recognize that the scent is downright feminine.
So why all the RAVES? 😳🤔

Hands down winner for the CREEPIEST name for a shave soap EVER. 😱

That said, ordered some samples of “DG’s” other soaps anyway.
This is a play on words in a way. The soap scent is based on Herod Parfums de Marly. Herod was the king of Judea who orders the execution of all male children two years old and under in the vicinity of Bethlehem. This incident was called the Massacre of the Innocents.

Declaration Grooming Massacre of the Innocents

The Milksteak base is fantastic, and it's the best scented soap I own. I will admit, A&E Vanille de Tabac runs a close second for the same reasons.
It is indeed a damn fine soap base,I'll always have a tub of La Petite Prairie in rotation but on a desert island I'd be in no hurry to be rescued so I'd have to take a fresh jar of MDC Vetyver.

RazoRock Plague Doctor would be my desert island soap. I'm getting (actually am) old and many soaps, which I still enjoy, irritate my mild rosacea. Over a year ago I ordered some Plague Doctor as a laugh because of the label. It turned out to be an excellent soap. It has a mild soapy scent, but unlike other soaps, it lathers and performs well with any brush, DE, or blade I choose to use. It's not the only soap I use, but me old mug gets no redness or irritation from this one.

I wish I could say the same about the Plague Dr aftershave. Cool label, but it was too strong for my face and I gave it to my barber. I stick to Dickinson's witch hazel, Captain's Choice or Ogallala aftershaves which my face can tolerate.

RazoRock Plague Doctor would be my desert island soap. I'm getting (actually am) old and many soaps, which I still enjoy, irritate my mild rosacea. Over a year ago I ordered some Plague Doctor as a laugh because of the label. It turned out to be an excellent soap. It has a mild soapy scent, but unlike other soaps, it lathers and performs well with any brush, DE, or blade I choose to use. It's not the only soap I use, but me old mug gets no redness or irritation from this one.

I wish I could say the same about the Plague Dr aftershave. Cool label, but it was too strong for my face and I gave it to my barber. I stick to Dickinson's witch hazel, Captain's Choice or Ogallala aftershaves which my face can tolerate.
So, what’s the story behind THIS one? 😳🤔

Having been through jungle and mountain warfare training I can tell you the last thing you would be worried about is shaving. Give me electric sheep by Stirling to help with the skeeters and maybe sand fleas.

Top Bottom