What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Thanks. Do you find the OC less smooth or more aggressive?
It could be but I have figured out the
Best way for me with most of the blades
That I use in this razor is to use completely different angles when I switch
Sides I find the WR2 to offer drastically
Different experiences in OC & SB based
Solely on the angle and I usually use the
SB for the first pass and OC for the second this razor is so versatile that I
Could use it for a month straight and get
A different experience every single time
By just altering blade angles.

It could be but I have figured out the
Best way for me with most of the blades
That I use in this razor is to use completely different angles when I switch
Sides I find the WR2 to offer drastically
Different experiences in OC & SB based
Solely on the angle and I usually use the
SB for the first pass and OC for the second this razor is so versatile that I
Could use it for a month straight and get
A different experience every single time
By just altering blade angles.
Interesting. I would have thought OC on the first pass. Now you have me thinking I might want a DC. From the reviews I've read it appeared that those who prefer the OC tend to favor shallow angles, while those who prefer the SB favor steep angles. Is that your experience?

Interesting. I would have thought OC on the first pass. Now you have me thinking I might want a DC. From the reviews I've read it appeared that those who prefer the OC tend to favor shallow angles, while those who prefer the SB favor steep angles. Is that your experience?
At some point through out a straight
Month of testing & analysis I've used
The full spectrum of angles for both sides
And often do the first pass with either
Side depending on exactly what kind of
Shave I want on that day and what blade
I'm using and whether it's the first or
Last shave for the blade, in most razors
I'll only use a blade for 2 or 3 shaves &
If I'm going for a BBS I handle things completely different than I do when I'm
Going for my customary DFS+

I’ve been using an OG WR1 with the .61 gap (very first production run, 2015 I believe) since I got it. A nice blade is all it needs to be forgiving and smooth. Great shave with a variety of blades.

The postman came to say hello.
Left me with a massive 1.55 gap smile (and a fat custom invoice)

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Is that the mirror polish?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So I got my email for Wolf #3. I have two WR2’s currently. 1.15 and 1.25. When I first got the 1.25, I used it for a couple of months, then went back to the 1.15. I have been using the 1.15 more these days as it’s smoother. The 1.25 shaves me closer, but is a smidge less comfortable. I was initially going to get a WR2 1.35 in dual comb. But after 6 months with both razors. I am guessing my sweet spot must be right between the 1.15 and 1.25. Neither razor has provided the magical rainbows and unicorns perfect shave, but they are both the closest thing to I that I’ve tried.

However now I am leaning towards a WR1. I am not sure going higher in a WR2 is going to improve anything for me. My completely uneducated guess is that the OC WR1 in the .80 gap would put me in the ball park of where I need to be. So how would that compare to the 1.15 and 1.25 WR2? Any words of advice? Thanks!

@BradWorld
One of the beautiful things I’ve always appreciated about Wolfman razors is the customization that comes with them. Why not go out on a limb and order a 1.20? Maybe a 🦄 will run down a rainbow and deliver it two weeks from now. You’d get to sell two for one and have the best of both for you.

Last edited:
So I got my email for Wolf #3. I have two WR2’s currently. 1.15 and 1.25. When I first got the 1.25, I used it for a couple of months, then went back to the 1.15. I have been using the 1.15 more these days as it’s smoother. The 1.25 shaves me closer, but is a smidge less comfortable. I was initially going to get a WR2 1.35 in dual comb. But after 6 months with both razors. I am guessing my sweet spot must be right between the 1.15 and 1.25. Neither razor has provided the magical rainbows and unicorns perfect shave, but they are both the closest thing to I that I’ve tried.

However now I am leaning towards a WR1. I am not sure going higher in a WR2 is going to improve anything for me. My completely uneducated guess is that the OC WR1 in the .80 gap would put me in the ball park of where I need to be. So how would that compare to the 1.15 and 1.25 WR2? Any words of advice? Thanks!
Your in luck. I just had my first shave with WR1 .80 OC this morning. I also started with a WR2 1.15 and went to the WR2 1.25 after the 1.15 was just a bit mild. The 1.25 gives me just a hint of irritation on my chin. Anyway the WR1 is right up my alley. It is smooth, efficient and nimble as can be. I would say that the OC gives just a bit more steel feel on my face not blade feel if that makes any sense to you. Not a bad thing just different. As far as unicorns and rainbows are concerned I leave that up to my nieces and nephews. As far as a wonderful tool to remove hair from my face, the WR1 ticks more boxes than the WR2 (for me at least). Oh yeah as always you get the impeccable looks that Wolfman are known for. I hope this info will help in your quest. As always ymmv. I believe that the WR1 has brought me to an end of razor searches and I see a den thinning in my near future.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Your in luck. I just had my first shave with WR1 .80 OC this morning. I also started with a WR2 1.15 and went to the WR2 1.25 after the 1.15 was just a bit mild. The 1.25 gives me just a hint of irritation on my chin. Anyway the WR1 is right up my alley. It is smooth, efficient and nimble as can be. I would say that the OC gives just a bit more steel feel on my face not blade feel if that makes any sense to you. Not a bad thing just different. As far as unicorns and rainbows are concerned I leave that up to my nieces and nephews. As far as a wonderful tool to remove hair from my face, the WR1 ticks more boxes than the WR2 (for me at least). Oh yeah as always you get the impeccable looks that Wolfman are known for. I hope this info will help in your quest. As always ymmv. I believe that the WR1 has brought me to an end of razor searches and I see a den thinning in my near future.

perfect advice. Thanks. Sounds like we have similar experiences with the WR2. Cheers.

Ditto on both accounts. I am on the waitlist and am eyeing the WR1 OC .80 or .86 after owning the WR2 1.05, 1.15, 1.25 and back to 1.15. I could use the 1.25, but I would not need a shave the following day until noon or later, so I have been using the 1.15 for the past year and it is great.

My desire to own the WR1 .80 or .86 is for those occasions where I skip a few days while traveling and want just a bit more aggressiveness coupled with the OC. I owned the WR1 OC .94, but it was too much. Two passes and my face felt a bit too raw. I am leaning toward the safe side with the .80. Then the decision is which handle.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.

Brad, I think the .80 OC would be a great choice for your preferences.

I used my WR1 .86 DC yesterday and my WR2 1.45 SB today with the same blade. I need to spend more time with the WR1 but so far I have not been able to get the smoothness and efficiency that I get from the WR2.

I used my WR1 .86 DC yesterday and my WR2 1.45 SB today with the same blade. I need to spend more time with the WR1 but so far I have not been able to get the smoothness and efficiency that I get from the WR2.

WR1 will never feel like a WR2 in terms of smoothness.

For me the big difference between the two heads (apart from obvious design elements)
is that the WR2 offers a slightly wider and more forgiving range of smooth and effective
angles while the WR1 needs precision to dial in.

However, I shave exactly the same with either....just put the bar on your face with the
handle pointing straight down... and move the handle slightly away from your face while cutting
till you get audible feedback. That's your angle. Do this for a couple of days and it gets ingrained
in muscle memory.

For todays shave with a 0.94 WR1, I used a new Gillette Platinum... it complements the
high-gapped WR1 very nicely...perhaps because it is one smooth (although not wickedly sharp)
blade.

Also, the lightest of touches helps.

Last edited:
My order is in and paid for. I went with the WR1 OC .80, and the WRH3 handle. I already have a Darwin, which may make its way over to the WR1. Should be a fun razor!

By the way, i requested the Hybrid WRH 3/7, and was shot down. Hopefully they do those again some day.
I just got the 90mm hollow WRH3 handle and like it even more than the WRH7.

My order is in and paid for. I went with the WR1 OC .80, and the WRH3 handle. I already have a Darwin, which may make its way over to the WR1. Should be a fun razor!

By the way, i requested the Hybrid WRH 3/7, and was shot down. Hopefully they do those again some day.

Great choice on the WR1 0.80 OC. I have had a 0.86 WR1 OC for nearly two years, absolutely love it.

Top Bottom