What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" May 24th - May 30th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

29th May 2021.

105.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men ~ Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears ~ Transparent Bar Soap With Mint Extracts. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Blade : Polsilver Super Iridium. (D1)
Razor : Parker Variant. (settings) 1.5 wtg, 2. xtg , 3. atg + Pickups.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils. +3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./ Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start another long bank holiday weekend....maiden shave with the Cella Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream. The Verdict?....Let me say that I'm very very, fond of the classic Cella Crema Da Barba (Tallow) with it's wonderful cherry almond fragrance which has always gave me superb acceptable shaving results with no irritation or drying out issues. The Organic Aloe Vera version is a thirsty cream you only need a small almond size amount i to create a good lather. I personally find it to have a better slickness than the Cella Crema Da Barba "which is statement in itself" and the post shave feel is equally as good.

The scent of it i would describe to my nose, as 'light & fresh'.

A wonderful pre-birthday present to myself which i look forward to using again in my future shaves.

The Parker Variant/Polsilver was a superb combo. The Polsilver blades, like the Gillette Sharp Edge. (yellow) feel slightly rough on the first pass, but mellow out after that delivering a smooth sharp performance, cutting through my stubble effortlessly.

A enjoyable 3 pass +pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few generous squirts of Milton-Lloyd ~ no.9 Victor EDP to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

This afternoon i have an appointment for my 2nd Covid-19 vaccine.

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
SATURDAY 29th MAY 2021
:thumbup: Happy Birthday to my Daughter and Late Father :thumbup:
62E7D9EE-A755-48B0-A818-9941C490C225.jpeg

PrePAA Cube 2.0 USA 🇺🇸
SoapA&E Kaizen, USA 🇺🇸
BrushBilly Goat Brushworks G6 Badger Sunset, Australia 🇦🇺
RazorWolfman WR2 1.35 DC, Canada 🇨🇦
BladeGSB, Russia 🇷🇺
AftershaveProraso Alum, Italy 🇮🇹, Proraso Balm, Italy 🇮🇹
FragranceOld Spice, USA 🇺🇸
Rating10/10

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ The Night Before
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tabac

Saturday
proxy.php

Pre- shower, cold water and Nivea face wash
Brush- Simpsons Duke 3 in Best
Bowl- Captain’s Choice copper
Soap & AS- DG 88 Chestnut ST.
Razor- Rex Ambassador
Blade- Gillette platinum
Post- Thayers, AS then Nivea post balm

Have a clean shaven weekend!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 1273772
Pre:-
Razor: FOCS
Blade: Bluebird = Derby?
Brush: Shavemac 22mm Pure
Soap: Arko puck
Result: DFS+

The Bluebird felt much rougher than remembered but gave an excellent shave nevertheless. Arko regardless in which form is always a blast:shaving: (we need an Arko Man Emoji).
When BlueBirds were released for the first time years ago, I tried a couple and thought they are different than Derbies, BUt a couple of years later I did some testing and they are the same as the pre 2016-2017 Derbies. The current Derbies are much better.
Hannes, how is that Fatip slant open comb compared to the regular Fatip MKII open comb? Never had a slant razor. I have a Piccolo MKI and MKII.

When BlueBirds were released for the first time years ago, I tried a couple and thought they are different than Derbies, BUt a couple of years later I did some testing and they are the same as the pre 2016-2017 Derbies. The current Derbies are much better.
Hannes, how is that Fatip slant open comb compared to the regular Fatip MKII open comb? Never had a slant razor. I have a Piccolo MKI and MKII.
Thanks for the Derby/Blubird comparison I will look through my heap of blades to find some for shaving side by side.
The MkII is like an Old Type for me Ivan. The FOCS is a touch smoother and more efficient. It shaves as easy as the regular one and therefore makes it a bit redundant. Nevertheless I have some regular Grande and Piccolos that I use now and then.
2CD63CA8-D89E-4740-8EC2-2EAD799CC1DC.jpeg

SOD.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
GFT Sandalwood Cream
Brush
AP Shaving Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Lord SC
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Defense
Fragrance
Yves Saint Laurent
Rating
10/10.
Comments
This cream came as quite a surprise. I have had this in my rotation since about 2012. For some reason it got lost in my stash and was used rarely only to be found again when I moved to AZ. Since 2020 it has been used about 20 times. Recently, I opened the container up and was shocked. The scent was quite powerful. Plus, the cream has dried hardened and is harder than some soft soaps! The cream loaded easily and made a lather that could match any soap. A superb shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom