What's new

Storing a Synthetic Brush?

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
If you plan on using it every day and it is a $5 brush then it is probably fine. I personally do no keep my brushes, razors, or any other shaving gear in the bathroom as it is too humid.

If you plan on using it every day and it is a $5 brush then it is probably fine. I personally do no keep my brushes, razors, or any other shaving gear in the bathroom as it is too humid.

It's basically a $30 brush and I plan to use it every day.
I thought since it's a synthetic, it might not be such a bad idea to keep it in the bathroom cabinet.

No matter whether it's a natural hair brush or synthetic, I always keep the last one used on the counter in a brush stand. All the dry brushes are in a cabinet in my bathroom. I shave every other day, so the last brush used will always have at least 2 days of drying before it would go in the cabinet. My bathroom doesn't get very humid, so that probably helps some, too.

I would not put a wet brush in an enclosed cabinet. It might be okay with a synthetic, but I'd rather play it safe and give it some air circulation.

Funny, I put my synthetics in the med cabinet all the time directly after use with zero negative effects. I usually check the brush after a few hours and without exception the brushes are bone dry by then. Never a hint of mildew smell either.

Funny, I put my synthetics in the med cabinet all the time directly after use with zero negative effects. I usually check the brush after a few hours and without exception the brushes are bone dry by then. Never a hint of mildew smell either.
Well, then your medicine cabinet must have some air circulation. Try storing your brush inside a sealed plastic bag and we can see what happens.
🤔

It is not an air tight medicine cabinet for sure but no different than any other I've encountered.
Not sure why any rational human would put a damp brush in an air tight zip lock baggie.

It is not an air tight medicine cabinet for sure but no different than any other I've encountered.
Not sure why any rational human would put a damp brush in an air tight zip lock baggie.
No rational human would do that, since air circulation allows the brush to dry. Your cabinet has good air circulation but maybe not all of them do. I'm not so sure about mine (or the OP's).

My cabinet has good air circulation too. Never had a problem. I shake the brush off well, maybe even dry it a little on a towel (for a synthetic I just shake it off and it's close to dry anyway). After 24hrs in a cabinet, the brush is completely dry.

Top Bottom