What's new

Summer scented soap

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Stirling- Coconut Lime, Boat Drinks, Island Man, and South Padre all fit the “Summer” scents for me.

I can see that Stirling has a lot of different scents but I bought time ago Ozark Mountains but I was disappointed by the "synthetic" scent and the quality pf the soap too. I was exceptions something better I can't explain very well but there is something I don't like...

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I can see that Stirling has a lot of different scents but I bought time ago Ozark Mountains but I was disappointed by the "synthetic" scent and the quality pf the soap too. I was exceptions something better I can't explain very well but there is something I don't like...
I’ve personally never had any problems with Sterling’s soaps but as they say YMMV. They list ingredients on their web page so you can check out what’s in the soap. I think most folks have issues with essential vs fragrance oils used for creating the soaps scents. Ozark Mtn. does use Fragrance oils so maybe that’s what you were picking up on? They also sell very generous samples so you could try them without committing to an entire puck.
Mystic Water has some goods soaps that remind me of summer, especially Coconut Sandalwood, but anything with coconut in the name reminds me of summer.

I don't like...

One great aspect of Stirling is his samples are easily obtainable so doesn't hurt so much if a slice of Ozark Mountain gets tossed in the trash. It's almost impossible to not find a Stirling soap that you will like, though one that might keep you interested over the long haul is another matter. Because of their simplicity summer scents is where Stirling soaps really shine. Sandpiper is a favorite of mine.

I don't have tons of soaps, but I think this summer i'm going to use mostly my Proraso green and the Rasozero Agrumella. I don't own that many soaps and creams to have preference for the different seasons, but I guess the cooling effect of the Proraso is more suited for the summer more than it would be at winter.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Arko is quite possibly the all season soap scent! The lemon freshness is top notch!

And I just KNOW that someone will say it smells like a publik restroom on the beach, but that someone has a defective sniffer!
I agree. I find myself less likely to use a perfumed soap in the summer. Too cloying. My summer picks are things like Arko, Williams, the Valobra and Speick sticks, Proraso green soap or cream, and Ingram, JM Fraser's and Palmindaya creams. I like camphor and menthol in the summer.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
345 Soap Company has Shark Bite. Stirling has a few. I want to try the Creamy Coconut.
I am just an odd duck in the wide werld of wet shaving. (Yeah, I know y'all have NEVER thought THAT!) But I have never been able to get into putting stuff on my face that smells like food.

Coconut, Vanilla, Chocolate.... anything like it just gets me. The closest I can get is "Christmas Eve" by Stirling.

I guess I just like soap that smells like soap, and sometimes like industrial cleaner...

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I don't have tons of soaps, but I think this summer i'm going to use mostly my Proraso green and the Rasozero Agrumella. I don't own that many soaps and creams to have preference for the different seasons, but I guess the cooling effect of the Proraso is more suited for the summer more than it would be at winter.

Sounds to me like an excellent plan :straight:

My goto summer soap (and AS) is Ogallala Bay Rum, Limes, & Peppercorns. If it's a particularly hot day, I go with Proraso Green (but still use the Ogallala AS).

Some very worthy suggestions so far. Especially for sample packs. Here’s mine
-OA Stay Traditional
-Dr Jon’s Savannah Sunrise
-PAA CaD (technically more a barber -shop scent but is very “fresh”)
-Speick Active

Top Bottom