What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

This watch has been getting the most wrist time this week. Even over my Rolex. I'm amazed at quality of this King Seiko.
IMG_20210523_182749~3.jpg

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Never truly a collector and I thought I was a reformed Flipper but I woke up this morning intending to shake things up. I was contemplating a “Summer Watch” for an upcoming vacation and instead of purchasing a cheap fun beater, I turned my watch collection upside down.

Sold my 2 Grand Seiko, my Longines Legend Diver, my IWC Le Petit Prince, and even what I had called my exit watch; the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin in Rose Gold.

As their replacement I picked up a D Serial number Rolex GMT Master II Stick dial with pre-ceramic aluminum Pepsi bezel, no holes case.

Perfect vacation watch!
C0259809-7232-4F52-BB27-27E1509D9D1A.jpeg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Never truly a collector and I thought I was a reformed Flipper but I woke up this morning intending to shake things up. I was contemplating a “Summer Watch” for an upcoming vacation and instead of purchasing a cheap fun beater, I turned my watch collection upside down.

Sold my 2 Grand Seiko, my Longines Legend Diver, my IWC Le Petit Prince, and even what I had called my exit watch; the Jaeger LeCoultre Master Ultra Thin in Rose Gold.

As their replacement I picked up a D Serial number Rolex GMT Master II Stick dial with pre-ceramic aluminum Pepsi bezel, no holes case.

Perfect vacation watch!View attachment 1271532
Dude. I officially want to be you when I grow up! That's gorgeous my friend.

Something is wrong with my Kinetic. I had that suspicion already a while ago. I doesn't matter how long I wear it, the power indicator always shows the lowest setting (5sec jump vs. 30sec jump for 6 months power). Yesterday I received a toothbrush charger for induction charging (suggestion from here - many thanks) and low and behold the run down watch starts running as soon as you put it on. So the induction magic is working yet even after 18h it still shows the lowest power level - there must be something wrong with the battery itself. Is this a common problem and how much does it costs to get it fixed?

IMG_0453.jpg

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Something is wrong with my Kinetic. I had that suspicion already a while ago. I doesn't matter how long I wear it, the power indicator always shows the lowest setting (5sec jump vs. 30sec jump for 6 months power). Yesterday I received a toothbrush charger for induction charging (suggestion from here - many thanks) and low and behold the run down watch starts running as soon as you put it on. So the induction magic is working yet even after 18h it still shows the lowest power level - there must be something wrong with the battery itself. Is this a common problem and how much does it costs to get it fixed?

View attachment 1272737
Have you tried "manually" winding it? I.E. hold the watch in your hand and move it back and forth for it least 20 minutes? (Something you do when you're watching inane videos on YouTube)
When I first got my Kinetic, it only got to 20 (1 month, I think) on the power reserve indicator. Watching YT videos, I did that. Now have 30 (6 months).
I'm not sure that just wearing it day to day will take it to max charge, unless, maybe you're doing a marathon.
I think a replacement battery is in the $60+ range, but not sure.

Have you tried "manually" winding it? I.E. hold the watch in your hand and move it back and forth for it least 20 minutes? (Something you do when you're watching inane videos on YouTube)
When I first got my Kinetic, it only got to 20 (1 month, I think) on the power reserve indicator. Watching YT videos, I did that. Now have 30 (6 months).
I'm not sure that just wearing it day to day will take it to max charge, unless, maybe you're doing a marathon.
I think a replacement battery is in the $60+ range, but not sure.
I will try that shaking suggestion but it sounds a bit redundant. I hear the weight moving on my wrist as it is so top heavy it's moving constantly so I guess that part is working fine. I fear that the battery was drained too much and now runs only on a reduced capacity.

Top Bottom