What's new

Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in

I was quietly content for the past 5 years with the following setup:

EJ89 with Red Personnas
Semogue Barbear Classico 2013 Cerda
MWF alternating with Cella
Aqua Velva

I had given away or sold anything else that I had an excess of. I liked my minimalist setup.
Truth be told, I had a job that was lax with letting me get lazy with my shaving habits.
But about 3 months ago, as I was finishing my 4th pass with the EJ89, I realized it was time for a more aggressive razor.
Much research and a week later, my new RR Gamechanger .84 came in. Wow, only 2 passes for a great, close shave.
Then all of the sudden, I ran out of both MWF and Cella in the same week. Luckily I had a sample of TOBS Grapefruit to tide me over. At this point, I said to myself, ”I wonder what the shave soap world looks like? Maybe I’ll give something new a try. Nothing too crazy.”
Hahaha, foolish me for thinking I wouldn’t go down the rabbit hole again.
My mind was blown by all the new artisan soap makers out there - I even laughed out loud when I saw donkey milk and duck fat based soaps. Oh and DR Harris is back to tallow first?! Sign me up!
By the time my cart was overflowing with samples of all types of animal milks and fats, my brain said ”go look and see what the brushes look like - treat yo self!” Online shopping at 3am has its pros and cons lol.
Sure enough, after wading through all the same old badger hair, it looked to me like the synthetic market was all the rage. Such good looking brushes, I wondered how they would feel on my face. Even online reviews were glowing for this new batch of synthetic hairs that I never knew existed.
Well, no problem, my cart still had room for a couple :)

So as I waited for my samples and brushes to come in, I came back here to read up on what was new. Figured to gotta stay in touch with all the new lingo I‘d missed the last few years. What I noticed were all the new razor makers that had shown up with all these incredible modern designs. After trying out most razor types, I had yet to experience a single edge razor, and the GEM 1912 had always caught my eye. But now there was a new kid on the block I couldn’t take my eyes off, and after a couple of nights mulling it over, I took hold of a Blackland Sabre razor a few days later.
Since I needed new razor blades, I splurged on a few soaps and aftershaves - all blind buys. Might as well, to save on those pesky shipping costs, lol.

The last week has been filled with the best shaves of my life - absolutely no irritation at all. My 7 year old now watches me shave every morning, with a twinkle in his eye. I‘ve caught him a few times sneaking around and taking out Stirling Iced Pineapple, Wholly Kaw Rebelle and MdC Fougere behind my back. He sniffs my face whenever I use Myrsol Antesol.
And even my gf, can’t stop rubbing my cheeks when we’re sitting around watching tv.
My bathroom drawers are full and I’m probably good on product for the next year or so, lol. Or until some other shiny object drifts into view.
I gotta say, it’s good to be back!

linty1

My wallet cries.
Hey Jason, glad to see you again! And I'm happy to see you finding joy in discovering new items, and hey, if they don't work out, thats what the bst is for. Enjoy.

Top Bottom