What's new

Twist-up tubes for Palmolive shave stick

I'm looking for a twist-up tube that fits the Palmolive shave stick, or other small diameter sticks. I know that there are 2 oz. and .75 oz empty shave stick tubes available, but they're much larger in diameter, so I'd end up grating the stick into it, which I'm not interested in doing. Has anybody found a smaller diameter twist-up tube that works for these sticks without grating?

Otherwise, I might just find a prescription bottle that fits.

Dave

I put mine in re-purposed bullion cube containers but a pill bottle would also work

proxy.php

The D.R. Harris stick container is a twist-up, and works nicely with Palmolive, Speick, Wilkinson, and other narrow-guage sticks. All you have to do is use up a stick of Harris soap.

But my Palmolive lives in a vintage Handy Grip container.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put mine in re-purposed bullion cube containers but a pill bottle would also work

proxy.php

My Palmolive stick is in an appropriately sized pill bottle with holes punched in the top. This kills two birds with one stone -- provides a container to soak the tip in before use and keeps the stick from being damaged in my suitcase. We used a pill bottle in a small box method to ship the Palmolive stick I provided for the stick pass-around thread and the stick survived intact (even if a couple of participants made jokes about the stick's "accommodations").

As an experiment, I shaved down the sides of a Palmolive stick to narrow the diameter, then put it into an empty Elmer's large glue stick. Worked pretty well. Here's a pic. I took the shavings and packed them into an old Mama Bear soap tub, since I also like soap in tubs.

Dave

$photo.JPG

Last edited:
I have only recently found this thread, as I am currently looking for a twist-up tube to fit Palmolive or Wilkinson Sword shave sticks. I am wondering whether an empty larger-sized Pritt Stick (or other solid glue stick or similar) twist-up container would fit the bill. If travelling really light for a short period, grating soap into an empty twist-up lip balm tube?

I bought some twist up tubes from Amazon. They are a bit larger than the sticks, but it works. I did take a drill and drill a hole in the center of the stick as i was afraid to break the stick trying to force it over the center post of the twist up tube. Does it fit perfectly, no, but does it work, yes.

There is a container that fits without modification, same diameter, etc. It's the Speick deo stick. Label may vary. Of course, you have to do something with the original contents first. The label easily peels off, leaving a plain white container.

1621005891318.png
1621005955096.png

I've repurposed a few travel deodorant sticks and used those for softer/more malleable soaps. Works well and I like that you actually get a larger face coverage with the soap because of the oval-ish shape.

Maggards sells empty twist up containers for less than $2.00 USD. I use one for my Arko stick and it works quite well.

I have only recently found this thread, as I am currently looking for a twist-up tube to fit Palmolive or Wilkinson Sword shave sticks. I am wondering whether an empty larger-sized Pritt Stick (or other solid glue stick or similar) twist-up container would fit the bill. If travelling really light for a short period, grating soap into an empty twist-up lip balm tube?

I have found that a smaller size empty twist up glue stick container (21g size) works well (for travelling light) and an empty Nivea deodorant stick container (40ml) works well for use at home.

If you need to make a center hole in a shave stick to put it in a push up container, I've successfully used a meat thermometer to do it. Less fuss than a drill and it was stiff enough to punch a hole in my ARKO sticks. The plastic pieces in the containers are really not stiff enough to use for a hard stick, ruined one trying.

Top Bottom