What's new

$100 to spend, which DE to get

Fatip (Grande and FOCS) and Razorock (Game Changer and Lupo) are among the best budget razors on the market. Another good option is the Pearl Flexi. The Flexi is ''basically'' a Rex Ambassador, but a lot cheaper. Those are the ones that i've used and they are all great and i'm sure that there are many more that I have yet to try.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Check out this thread:

If you are looking for a high efficiency razor:

Blackland Dart
Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Ikon B1 Standard
Karve Brass SB-G

Hope this helps. :)

YMMV :cool:

Check out this thread:

If you are looking for a high efficiency razor:

Blackland Dart
Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Ikon B1 Standard
Karve Brass SB-G

Hope this helps. :)

YMMV :cool:
Strange but sometimes the GC 0.84-P feels a bit tangy on my skin efficient but not as smooth then the 6S with R5/R6 my guess its the different exposure not so much the gap

Gillette NEW DeLuxe. Should be able to get a nice one for $60-$75, so a bit left over for soaps, blades, etc.

I've been wet shaving since 2013, (but shaving since 1985) and have over 50 razors. Guess which one I use more than any others?? Paired with a Polsilver or Nacet, makes for an effortless, stunning shave.... every time. :)

The one with all the horrible QC problems?

I'll pass thanks
I have had no issues whatsoever with it. I’ve seen some of the photos from the so called QC problems and mine looks exactly as they do and works great. I think some folks blame poor technique on their tools.

There probably are some bad razors out there, but what I don’t hear is what percentage are bad and does Rockwell make them good.

“It’s a poor craftsman that blames his failures on his tools.”

Gillette NEW DeLuxe. Should be able to get a nice one for $60-$75, so a bit left over for soaps, blades, etc.

I've been wet shaving since 2013, (but shaving since 1985) and have over 50 razors. Guess which one I use more than any others?? Paired with a Polsilver or Nacet, makes for an effortless, stunning shave.... every time. :)

Do you find it better than say RFB?

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Hi all,
Going to make it a short one, I currently use my beloved Rockwell 6S which I mainly use with the R6/R5 plate since I only shave every 2/3 days so I need to take down a fair amount of stubble my second one in use is the Razorock GC 0.84-P also great but somehow not as smooth then the Rockwell so I'm basically looking to at something new in the den... budget is about $100 so far I've been looking at the Karve CB line up with the B or C plate but I wonder which one you would choose?

Thx in advance ✌
At $100, you may score a good used Feather AS-D2 with patience. I too have a Rockwell 6S (my fav), but also love the Feather. Theres also the much anticipated 3-D printed Blackland Era that will be $75.

Unsure either will meet your needs as well as the Karve, but worth the consideration.

All the best!

Hi all,
Going to make it a short one, I currently use my beloved Rockwell 6S which I mainly use with the R6/R5 plate since I only shave every 2/3 days so I need to take down a fair amount of stubble my second one in use is the Razorock GC 0.84-P also great but somehow not as smooth then the Rockwell so I'm basically looking to at something new in the den... budget is about $100 so far I've been looking at the Karve CB line up with the B or C plate but I wonder which one you would choose?

Thx in advance ✌

As soon as I read your title, Rockwell 6S and Karve brass with two plates came to mind.

Then I read your post and it confirmed my thought of the Karve brass with two plates (which will come to about $100).

I love my Karve brass. One of the most beautiful razors, which only gets better as the patina forms.

It's ultra smooth but you will need to adjust the angle compared to the 6S. You need to ride the cap a little more with the Karve.

I had a Rockwell 6C (not the 6S you have) and the Game Changer .84, but neither was the right razor for me (although both are excellent razors). I now have four razors that might be good candidates for you: Blackland Dart, Edwin Jagger 3one6, Fatip FOCS, and Muhle Rocca. If I had to pick only one, it would be the Dart, although any one of them is a great choice and could be the one razor I used every day. The Dart just appeals most to me because of its looks, and the way it feels in my hand and on my face. I use it about 2/3 of the time, but when I use one of the others I always wonder why I don't use that razor more often.

In short, there are many good options and few bad ones.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Karve Brass SB-G (Widebody Cap)
20210512_184433~2.jpg
20210512_184609~2.jpg

Ride the bar (steep angle), minimal pressure, outstanding shaves. :cool:

Top Bottom