What's new

Proraso Single Edge creams really better than the regular ones?

I've only tried the Azur Lime among the single edge creams. It's fine stuff, but I don't find it much different or better than the regular Proraso creams. Both are a shade below my favorite creams: C. Salter, Cella Bio, Ach Brito.

I have one of the big bags of Wood & Spice Single Blade and a tube of the blue cap Proraso cream. Single Blade in the bag I have (Proraso recently started packaging SB in the smaller tube like their regular creams and I don't know if they've changed the formula or not) is much thicker and denser than what I get out of the blue tube, with the SB being almost putty-like. Both SB and the regular blue cream work well for me, but I can't say I've noticed a big difference between the two, performance-wise.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I love the single edge lime. It’s scent abs performance
Haven’t compared it head to head with the regular line though

M

mtcn77

I find Proraso Single Blade Azur Lime to be highly protective. I get less irritation than even Tabac Original with it and it rinses from the face quite easily afterwards while smelling citrusy. I still have to work out which gets closer, but I never feel less protected with the cream's lather.

I think I'm getting better at preparing lather. If the lather makes wide bubbles, or cavitating bubbles; I simply add more water until the bubbles disperse to a creamy consistency. Soap bubbles that look clear like they are cavitating, and powdery tend to indicate lather that will dry on the face. The lather works out okay if there aren't patches of clear and white in the mix.

for me, main difference with Proraso's Single Edge is the great scent.
Performance is close to the regular cream in tube.

proraso wood spice muehle joris symmetrical pottery july 9 2017.jpg

I have the Azur Lime and the Cyprus and Vetiver creams and aftershaves. I do rather like them. The scent lingers a little longer than the regular scents IMHO. Performance-wise though, I really can't say they are any better than the regular scents. Definitely a worth while purchase, if you really like how the other Proraso products perform.

I have the Azur Lime and the Cyprus and Vetiver creams and aftershaves. I do rather like them. The scent lingers a little longer than the regular scents IMHO. Performance-wise though, I really can't say they are any better than the regular scents. Definitely a worth while purchase, if you really like how the other Proraso products perform.
I was wondering about the vetiver scent. Is it possible to describe it?

I just finished off a bag of cypress and vetiver. I'd say it has more of a woody scent. I couldn't really pick out the vetiver. It's a nice scent though. Not really very strongly scented to me but my nose isn't the best. I also noticed the single blade was thicker in consistency than the regular stuff.

The performance was pretty good. Very similar to regular Proraso. No complaints about slickness or protection. I did need a balm to counter the bit of dryness I felt a couple hours after the shave though and that's pretty similar to regular Proraso too.

shavefan

I’m not a fan
I found the Proraso Single Blade creams very much a notch above in performance compared to the regular Proraso creams. I'm not familiar with their new 'super formula' (?) creams though. Obviously the scents are different too.

I never found the regular Proraso creams outstanding in any way, they're fine but nothing to write home about. Single Blade however is on another level. IME, slickness, post shave are superior.

Top Bottom