What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

1620480090385.jpeg

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best Badger
Soap: Barrister & Mann - Reserve Fern
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain

9/10: An exceptional shave with a sharper blade in the Hawk. Still a lot of buffing needed, but I was very pleased with the end result. Some of that may have to do with how well Reserve Fern smelled and performed for me.

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Simpson Colonel
Aftershave: Witch Hazel / Brut

Good shave. Decided to use this brush for the time being to see how it breaks in. Really liking the handle on it. Lather was still slightly lackluster towards the end so I need to adjust something when lather building. Got a weeper on my mustache but no blood after final rinse. Reached for Brut for some reason, and kind of regretting it.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, May 8th 2021

Razor: Gillette Slim,H1-MFG 1962, 1st qtr, excellent adjustable, setting 7 then to 8 to finish shave.
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, excellent blade, sharp & Smoooth with good longevity.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- nice scent and great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24 mm Tuxedo knot-black marble handle :001_wub: excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great scrubber + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.WTG-7 + ATG with pickups-8.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel with a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers=:a17:excellent shave with my Gillette slim + a Rapira Lux platinum.

DE SOTD, May 8th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Saturday's shave, two-pass shave with some clean up, 10/10, BBS; very smooth and zero stubble. Used the three-dot top piece for the Occam's and did get a super closer shave, but maybe not enough to merit the extra care needed.

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Bar Soap
Razor: Occam's razor- three-dot head- I may switch it back to the two dot.
Blade: Feather AC Pro (3)- sharp, smooth, and as good as these blades get.
Brush: Semogue SOC cherry boar
Soap: Mogno soap- new for me, and on first use appears a very good budget option. Pleasant light scent, good lubrication, and easy to lather. We'll see how the shave lasts.
Post-shave: cold rinse, nice splash of Proraso Green AS

Off to take the train to the northern suburbs and retrieve my Mom and drive her in her car back down to Brooklyn tomorrow morning for Mothers' Day.

Have a great day!
PXL_20210508_140758563.jpg

9263E548-4C49-47E6-8957-D54E6BE90C3F.jpeg

Razor: Razorock BBS
Blade: Vintage Astra SS (1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Omega 10066
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good morning! Today I tried another Czech Astra SS but in a modern razor. Very smooth, sometimes it didn’t seem like it was terribly sharp, but results were good. No irritation or feedback from the aftershave. DFS

9/10

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Saturday 8th May 2021

Shave Score 9.6/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso - refreshing white (menthol)
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sandalwood
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 SB
Blade: Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Post Shave ASL: Prorraso - Green
Post Shave Balm: Barts Balms - Ben Macdui-Rosemary & Sandalwood
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Joe

C186323C-BCDA-4B5E-8161-6D92D6860FFE.jpeg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Hybrid
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (1)
Soap/Cream: Arianna & Evans L' Orange Verde
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Zenith 506A Manchurian Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, A&E L' Orange Verde AS
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Fantastic Mindless Shave

I had a "breakthrough" shave today with my German 37 and its Kai blade (4):

tempImagekbuFJb.jpg

I hadn't used this soap since Christmas Day and it was really calling out to me. Showered up, then used some glycerin as a pre-shave while building the lather in my trusty plastic Pampered Chef bowl. Warm water for the WTG pass, cold for the XTG and ATG. At that point, my face was cleaner and smoother than ever before after three passes. And with no blood, no irritation.

I was tempted just to stop there.

Luckily I was able to resist temptation.

I did a little bit of touchup but no buffing, and called it a job very well done. Still no blood or irritation. The Speick was a nice compliment to the soap scent.

Results are DFS under the chin and on the mustache area, and BBS most everywhere else. This was a great combo of closeness and comfort.

Rating: 8.99999/10. As good as it turned out, I've gotta save room in the scale for even better results! Happy weekend to all.

Razor: Gillette 1967 Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Shark Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Yaqi - Aqua Tuxedo
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Arsenal Grooming - Cabaret
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Cedar & Rose
BBB529BA-71D6-4A05-9B57-3F8A31F7F6B7.jpeg

Shave Rating: 10/10
Mated for Life?
Ive always enjoyed my black handled Super Speed, and I’ve always had a soft spot for Shark blades.
I already had a a shark started and I was trying to think of which razor to pair it with when I remembered @Screeby expounding on how he had found this combination and loved it. Every time I look at a Shark blade @Screeby’s post always popped into my head, but I don’t think I ever hooked the two of them up.

Today I matched these two mid-gentle creatures and was extremely satisfied. An absolutely relaxing and comfortable shave. Cleanly stripped my face down to the hardwood with a post shave face that keeps saying “Let me know when your done”.
From now on, I’m going to keep my tuck of Shark blades right beside this black handle super speed.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Saturday morning shave

Razor: Super Speed
Blade: Feather
Brush: Boar

A fine early morning shave. I’m detecting ever so slight post shave irritation. My technique may be rusty, or the new Feather blade does not agree with me? Regardless, I am enjoying mixing in DE shaves and returning to some things that have been collecting dust. Happy Saturday!
1322B07E-B344-4185-A3A9-CB54E2D763E8.jpeg

9/10

Saturday morning shave

Razor: Super Speed
Blade: Feather
Brush: Boar

A fine early morning shave. I’m detecting ever so slight post shave irritation. My technique may be rusty, or the new Feather blade does not agree with me? Regardless, I am enjoying mixing in DE shaves and returning to some things that have been collecting dust. Happy Saturday!
View attachment 1263766
9/10
It’s been strange suddenly seeing you without a straight razor. I find that a little bit of change keeps things from getting stale.

20201204_082207.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1970 P3 Super Adjustable 109
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Monarch
Aftershave: Gillette Series Cool Wave
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder
Super shave! :thumbup:

I had a "breakthrough" shave today with my German 37 and its Kai blade (4):

View attachment 1263739

I hadn't used this soap since Christmas Day and it was really calling out to me. Showered up, then used some glycerin as a pre-shave while building the lather in my trusty plastic Pampered Chef bowl. Warm water for the WTG pass, cold for the XTG and ATG. At that point, my face was cleaner and smoother than ever before after three passes. And with no blood, no irritation.

I was tempted just to stop there.

Luckily I was able to resist temptation.

I did a little bit of touchup but no buffing, and called it a job very well done. Still no blood or irritation. The Speick was a nice compliment to the soap scent.

Results are DFS under the chin and on the mustache area, and BBS most everywhere else. This was a great combo of closeness and comfort.

Rating: 8.99999/10. As good as it turned out, I've gotta save room in the scale for even better results! Happy weekend to all.
Happy for you. Those kinds of shaves are great.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Soap: Canada
Blade: Kai first time I have ever used them, nice blade
Razor: Timeless Ti Sb .95
Brush: Rooney with a Shavemac 21mm Fine Knot, this is a special brush, the brush and the knot Rudy Vey put in it are no longer made, they were a perfect match.

Thank You Rudy for using that special knot in my brush
Post Shave: Lucky Old Man
10/10

This brush is small but you would not know it when you are face lathering, it holds and releases lather incredibly well, it is soft with a slight feel of the brush hair, it is perfect. Here is a before use picture also.
47C488AC-211D-472B-A409-98646184EBD1.jpeg
1CB3D862-7C0A-435F-AF73-7F15419C4115.jpeg

Top Bottom