What's new

Best TOBS cream?

I've used three and find them all to be equally very good.... Cedarwood, Sandalwood, and most recently Grapefruit. Great scents and wonderful lather resulting in very satisfying shaves. (Plus the empty tubs are great for stray pucks and my hybrid mix of soaps that are near the bottom of their respective containers and get combined together)

So far my favorites are Peppermint and Avocado. I agree that the Peppermint is even more cooling than Proraso Green...very refreshing in the morning! I also liked Mr. Taylor's but not sure if I'll revisit it again.

The Sandalwood and Lemon/Lime left a little bit to be desired.

I'm curious about the Cedarwood (is it more comparable to Proraso Red scentwise?), Almond, and possibly Coconut.

Just got a tub of the Peppermint in a few days ago so I'm all set for the summer!

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've used three, Coconut, Grapefruit and St.James. Of those three my favorite scent was the Grapefruit. All of them performed similarly... which is to say, excellent. The Lime Zest looks interesting.

So far my favorites are Peppermint and Avocado. I agree that the Peppermint is even more cooling than Proraso Green...very refreshing in the morning! I also liked Mr. Taylor's but not sure if I'll revisit it again.

The Sandalwood and Lemon/Lime left a little bit to be desired.

I'm curious about the Cedarwood (is it more comparable to Proraso Red scentwise?), Almond, and possibly Coconut.

Just got a tub of the Peppermint in a few days ago so I'm all set for the summer!
Cedarwood is not very milky and is a nice, sharp and brisk wood scent. It was and remains the only wood scent I actually like. Though I found it to be a bit drying compared to other TOBS creams.

Well I’ve tried three so far (Jermyn, Sandlewood, and Platinum). They all smell great...although I probably prefer Jermyn. I just found out why TOBS smell soo good...because they’re perfumers not soap makers! Makes sense.

I just got 10 more samples: Eton, Almond, Mr Taylor, Lavender, Organic, 50, Rose, James, Royal Forest, and Tobacco.

Next time I’ll try some fruit scents...I can’t believe Avocado 🥑 is an actual soap scent...and so many people love it!😂

Last edited:
Well I’ve tried three so far (Jermyn, Sandlewood, and Platinum). They all smell great...although I probably prefer Jermyn. I just found out why TOBS smell soo good...because they’re perfumers not soap makers! Makes sense.

I just got 10 more samples: Eton, Almond, Mr Taylor, Lavender, Organic, 50, Rose, James, Royal Forest, and Tobacco.

Next time I’ll try some fruit scents...I can’t believe Avocado 🥑 is an actual soap scent...and so many people love it!😂
But so far I like all the TOBS. I think they make the best scents! So I wouldn’t be surprised if I like the whole fruit TOBS fruit salad!🍇🍎🍉🍑🍊🍋🍍🍌🥑🍏🍈🍐🥝🥭🥥🍅🫐😆

Last edited:
Just ordered the Avocado...I couldn't resist 😂
1620065110428.png
On a related note, I just had my first Avocado Toast at DUNKIN' and it was great!
1620065538600.png

Reactions: Lad
St. James
Eton College
Royal Forest
I really like Royal Forest but so far Germyn Street and Platinum are my favorites.😊
Eaton College, like it’s namesake, is a classic but smells like fancy cologne to me. I prefer a subtler scent. But, I know you’re in good company...Kelly Hogan, the soap artisan at Black Ship, told me Eaton is his favorite TOBS! He also recommended that I try his Captain’s Reserve.

TOBS really do make awesome scents, obviously it depends on individual taste though. I was also weirded out by avocado...until I tried it. It's really more of a waxy, cucumber scent. There isn't a hint of avocado at all either in the scent or in its ingredient list. It is how ever a very fresh and 'cool', crisp scent. I liked it a lot personally.

TOBS really do make awesome scents, obviously it depends on individual taste though. I was also weirded out by avocado...until I tried it. It's really more of a waxy, cucumber scent. There isn't a hint of avocado at all either in the scent or in its ingredient list. It is how ever a very fresh and 'cool', crisp scent. I liked it a lot personally.

I think there is avocado in it...at least, avocado makes my face burn, and TOBS avocado definitely set off that reaction, unlike other TOBSes.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I ordered the Lime Zest. Rose is something I don't have any of. Maybe the Rose would be worth a try. Anyone have any experience with the Rose?

Top Bottom