What's new

head shavers - how often do you shave your head?

I usually shave my head and neck/cheeks around beard around 5x/week on average. Limiting factor is really time during the work week otherwise would be every day without exception. I hate the stubble look these days.

Head and face everyday. For my head I use a Leaf razor with Astra SS blades. Would eventually like to have to skill/confidence to try a DE razor or maybe a Twig, but the Leaf is just so damn convenient.

Every 2 or 3 days with the Leaf Razor.
For that razor, I only put blades in the top slot and the middle slot.
The slot in the bottom makes it a little too aggressive for me.
I do the same sometimes. But for a closer shave I have good luck throwing a smooth (duller) blade on the bottom plate on second pass.

after shaving my head, i've been putting manuka honey on my head and honestly it really soothes its and makes it feel so nice! :)

for those of you head shavers who shave every day or every two days,
do you always go against the grain? you got any tips and tricks to share?

i'd love to do it more often but not sure if i'd get a lot of irritation or not to be honest

for those of you head shavers who shave every day or every two days,
do you always go against the grain? you got any tips and tricks to share?

i'd love to do it more often but not sure if i'd get a lot of irritation or not to be honest
I have found best success using more aggressive razors on the head that can get the job done in the least amount of passes. Right now, my favorites are the Muhle R41, Merkur Progress, Karve brass plate E, and Henson Al13 medium. With the grain and across the grain on the back get most everything removed; light touch ups for remainder, usually against grain. Henson is not as aggressive, but it is very comfortable and allows irritation-free ATG 3d pass.

Every other day. Blackland Vector w/proline for a super close shave or Lady Eversharp injector for quick and easy.

Reactions: saj
I have found best success using more aggressive razors on the head that can get the job done in the least amount of passes. Right now, my favorites are the Muhle R41, Merkur Progress, Karve brass plate E, and Henson Al13 medium. With the grain and across the grain on the back get most everything removed; light touch ups for remainder, usually against grain. Henson is not as aggressive, but it is very comfortable and allows irritation-free ATG 3d pass.
those henson razors look sick honestly

Reactions: ewk
those henson razors look sick honestly
It is very well designed and constructed, and is a treat to look at. It is actually my favorite head shaver because it is so light. The heavier razors can get cumbersome when doing a head shave after face shaving.

Reactions: saj
Yes but the Lady has the long yellow handle and to me more mild than an e or g injector. The long handle works well for a head shave.
yea ive seen those yellow ones on ebay uk, didnt really know what the difference was just thought it was the colour

those injector razors are nice, ive only got the one schick injector but id love to get my hands on the schick adjustable one day

Top Bottom