What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

If you end up getting a Ti22, they offer "heads only" if you want a different head later on instead of having to buy the entire razor. I wasn't aware of that until Jonathan at Henson said they sell the Ti heads separately. As you know I have the Ti22 medium and I find it perfect.
Good to know. I just ordered the AL13-Medium and will compare it with my AL13-Mild to determine which Ti22 I will get (when they restock). Perhaps in the future I will add other heads. Thanks for us know that this is an option!

Please let me know. I have the same choice. I want to buy a titanium Henson, but I don’t know how aggressive it is. Thank you.

View attachment 1261333
Danyel (Henson Shaving)

May 2, 2021, 14:04 GMT-5

Hi Ken,

Always a pleasure with you. Definitely give the medium AL13 a shot and we can go from there. We truly have no timeframe on the titanium stock right now. Its an internal battle for our team as we find our way as a start up company. Slow and steady to ensure our customer care and quality are on point. But, as soon as I know timeframe, you will know! We only went completely out of stock of all titanium razors late last week. You had JUST missed the boat, unfortunately.

Your favourite,

Danyel
Henson Shaving

Haha...I’m busted. French Canadians are cursing her! :biggrin1:

Good to know. I just ordered the AL13-Medium and will compare it with my AL13-Mild to determine which Ti22 I will get (when they restock). Perhaps in the future I will add other heads. Thanks for us know that this is an option!
I tried both and prefer the medium. It is just a bit more efficient. I think you can get the same result with both medium or mild it's just you get there faster with the medium IMHO.

Definitely in the same ballpark. I *think* I had a medium Henson (L: 001M...maybe a mild?). I found the Henson just a bit more aggressive, similarly smooth, Henson was more efficient.

Side question: are you near Brisbane re: user name?
You have the medium I believe. When they first came out they labeled them as men's and women's and then changed the labels to medium and mild so the print codes from the earlier ones are different than the newer runs:
L: 001W (women's) is now (+) and this is the mild.
L: 001M (men's) is now (++) and this is the medium.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Cal
You have the medium I believe. When they first came out they labeled them as men's and women's and then changed the labels to medium and mild so the print codes from the earlier ones are different than the newer runs:
L: 001W (women's) is now (+) and this is the mild.
L: 001M (men's) is now (++) and this is the medium.

Hope that makes sense.

It does, thanks! It’s ambiguous as M could be mild or medium and 001 could be lot number or blade exposure.

Have any of you Henson lovers (particularly the AL13 variety) tried using a heavier handle with the aluminum head? Curious if I can find a middle ground between aluminum weight but not at titanium prices. :biggrin1:

As always, each of us has a unique beard and technique. I found I could get great shaves with an AS-D2 using Personna platinums or Crystals, but it took some time and patience. The razor does indeed tame the Feather blade. I shifted to the ATT SSR-1 and find it extremely comfortable and requiring much less work to get BBS.
ATT SSR1 is the BEST razor ever with a smooth blade like a Wilkinson classic personna comfort coated.

Have any of you Henson lovers (particularly the AL13 variety) tried using a heavier handle with the aluminum head? Curious if I can find a middle ground between aluminum weight but not at titanium prices. :biggrin1:
Not yet but did put it on and kinda feel it with no blade and to me it felt off balance like the head was being pulled away almost ? will try it with a blade though but still trying so many the way they came just to get a base feel still :)
seeing weights the titanium I do think is going to be the sweet spot

I just tried the H&S N075 and I love it. I have the titanium coated Stainless steel version and it is very very heavy but a great shaver. I’d say it shaved very similar to the Timeless .68 SS but more efficient and a tad bit less mild. If you’ve tried a lot of mild razors and found that you want to try something a bit more efficient I’d certainly suggest the N075!

I just tried the H&S N075 and I love it. I have the titanium coated Stainless steel version and it is very very heavy but a great shaver. I’d say it shaved very similar to the Timeless .68 SS but more efficient and a tad bit less mild. If you’ve tried a lot of mild razors and found that you want to try something a bit more efficient I’d certainly suggest the N075!
Thanks. I just ordered the Carbon Ti. Is that similar to the H&S? I'm all for efficiency, but not at the expense of comfort!
What I'm really waiting for is the Henson Ti. I think that may be my ultimate winner! :thumbsup:

Thanks. I just ordered the Carbon Ti. Is that similar to the H&S? I'm all for efficiency, but not at the expense of comfort!
What I'm really waiting for is the Henson Ti. I think that may be my ultimate winner! :thumbsup:
As your technique develops you may find yourself wanting something more efficient. I’m not very familiar with the carbon razor.

So Henson(mild) vs the Feather today both with Astra green blades
Feather is PAU ! (Hawaiian for done finished ... .)

Feather is not that comfy sadly and not as efficient
bummed as I love the finish and looks of it this is not saying dont try it saying try it so you know on your face :) I decided to give it one more try today and glad I did cements not for me !

feeling my face 8 hours later the Henson shave is holding up way better :)
its not critical to have the shave last all day for me but nice it does :) I do think its part of a good shave and shows or says something about the razor design

See
So Henson(mild) vs the Feather today both with Astra green blades
Feather is PAU ! (Hawaiian for done finished ... .)

Feather is not that comfy sadly and not as efficient
bummed as I love the finish and looks of it this is not saying dont try it saying try it so you know on your face :) I decided to give it one more try today and glad I did cements not for me !

feeling my face 8 hours later the Henson shave is holding up way better :)
its not critical to have the shave last all day for me but nice it does :) I do think its part of a good shave and shows or says something about the razor design
See...I’m not the only one!;)
I had the same experience with the 🪶
Henson is much better!

Was going to take a break today BUT the Yates showed up including the hybrid base plate

to early to say but for my liking the shave comfort its tied with my Henson now :) still have the gamechanger .68 to try and might put it up against the Yates tomorrow

so loaded yates with a perma-sharp

1st pass
half face with stock bar second side of face with the hybrid plate felt the same
The scallop you can hear a touch more but about the same feel ? Nice !

2nd pass
Only hybrid plate kinda flipping smooth and comb side really nice shave with no irritation what so ever :) very happy with it like Henson happy !
and I can see this being a great 2 pass razor with that hybrid plate ! And it looks cool with the two tone !
I was WOW after the 2nd pass :) both in quality and comfort

3rd pass
only on my left side because I was happy with 2 pass shave but new razors I am pushing them for fun to do that super ultra clean shave I rarely do and decided to just do the one side :) my face is starting to pay the price so might do some more what I would do daily shaves for a week or so :) hahahahah

But my neck was so good after 2passes ! it cuts all parts the same height my other razors have not done this
my trouble spots on neck are the valley next to my adams apple
My other razors lets say after the first pass my neck feels like it has 8 hours growth all over that trouble spot will feel like its 12 hours or to say the whiskers stay longer in those trouble spots so after the 2nd pass my face is down to feeling like 3 hours growth with that trouble spot feeling like 8 hours (again longer) the 3rd I am BBS but that trouble spot feels like 3 hours and needs to be buffed out
sure that makes sense or hope it does
no matter what trouble spots usually stay 1 pass longer But this knocked it all down to the same level !

questions in my head now :)
not sure if that is the comb doing this or the razor itself ?
I will have to go back do it with flat bar and see ?
When I get a timeless will the comb do the same ?

looks feel handling ?
I like shiny but love matte or machined look items more !
This sandblasted is unique and I like it a lot more than shiny not as much as matte ti though :)
Love the 2 tone look of this thing with the hybrid plate :)
not sure about the handle ? Bit long skinny feeling but did not get in the way and did not get slippery
I think I prefer a shorter thicker handle and they offer a shorter thicker handle !
Side note Rex Ambassador best handle ever so far for me !!

going to start to research/look into the comb or combo (comb-straight) plates now :)

I was not sure about buying the yates but after 1 shave I hope the 2nd 3rd ... are as great shave
this was WOW like Henson shaver WOW !
so yeah both are in the lead Both are unique feeling !

See

See...I’m not the only one!;)
I had the same experience with the 🪶
Henson is much better!
YUP and I hate to say it but I think my 2nd shave was worse than the 1st with it :)

but again anyone reading this should try it themselves !!! But if you do and find you agree then see if there is other common ground and might help

I will be curious now if you get a yates what you think :)
that said hoping I find my follow up shaves as good ? But the Henson follow up are great ! So fingers crossed the yates stays so nice !

I doubt I will get a carbon razor or if I do will have to be later after I sell a few of these others as I want some new carbon rims for my mtn bike first hahahahaha priorities

Was going to take a break today BUT the Yates showed up including the hybrid base plate

to early to say but for my liking the shave comfort its tied with my Henson now :) still have the gamechanger .68 to try and might put it up against the Yates tomorrow

so loaded yates with a perma-sharp

1st pass
half face with stock bar second side of face with the hybrid plate felt the same
The scallop you can hear a touch more but about the same feel ? Nice !

2nd pass
Only hybrid plate kinda flipping smooth and comb side really nice shave with no irritation what so ever :) very happy with it like Henson happy !
and I can see this being a great 2 pass razor with that hybrid plate ! And it looks cool with the two tone !
I was WOW after the 2nd pass :) both in quality and comfort

3rd pass
only on my left side because I was happy with 2 pass shave but new razors I am pushing them for fun to do that super ultra clean shave I rarely do and decided to just do the one side :) my face is starting to pay the price so might do some more what I would do daily shaves for a week or so :) hahahahah

But my neck was so good after 2passes ! it cuts all parts the same height my other razors have not done this
my trouble spots on neck are the valley next to my adams apple
My other razors lets say after the first pass my neck feels like it has 8 hours growth all over that trouble spot will feel like its 12 hours or to say the whiskers stay longer in those trouble spots so after the 2nd pass my face is down to feeling like 3 hours growth with that trouble spot feeling like 8 hours (again longer) the 3rd I am BBS but that trouble spot feels like 3 hours and needs to be buffed out
sure that makes sense or hope it does
no matter what trouble spots usually stay 1 pass longer But this knocked it all down to the same level !

questions in my head now :)
not sure if that is the comb doing this or the razor itself ?
I will have to go back do it with flat bar and see ?
When I get a timeless will the comb do the same ?

looks feel handling ?
I like shiny but love matte or machined look items more !
This sandblasted is unique and I like it a lot more than shiny not as much as matte ti though :)
Love the 2 tone look of this thing with the hybrid plate :)
not sure about the handle ? Bit long skinny feeling but did not get in the way and did not get slippery
I think I prefer a shorter thicker handle and they offer a shorter thicker handle !
Side note Rex Ambassador best handle ever so far for me !!

going to start to research/look into the comb or combo (comb-straight) plates now :)

I was not sure about buying the yates but after 1 shave I hope the 2nd 3rd ... are as great shave
this was WOW like Henson shaver WOW !
so yeah both are in the lead Both are unique feeling !

Another Yates fan in the making. I've been using a Yates razor for a couple years now and it does rival the Henson. I enjoy shaving with my Henson just a bit more due to its uniqueness. Both offer a fantastic shave performance. Yates is my second favorite razor at the moment.

As your technique develops you may find yourself wanting something more efficient.
True...and who knows..maybe one day my daily driver will be the Ikon Tech or perhaps the MÜHLE R41 with the Feather blade!
1620176198594.png
1620177194247.png

1620178951529.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom