What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

Thanks for the input, think I'm just going to stick with my first inclination and go with the 0.61....agree with whoever said earlier in this thread that the one problem with the long wait times is you are constantly second guessing your choices!
There have been a few efforts to compare gaps between the WR1 and WR2. You may take this with a grain of salt, but here's a link to one such summary:

Best Guess WR1 and WR2 Gap Comparison

I had read similar comparisons and this actually helped me settle on the .74 gap. I'm happy with the WR2 1.15 and also respect the comments that the WR1 has more blade feel so compromised with the .74 gap as a potential daily shaver. We shall see how it works out.

I trialed the .80 vs the .86 for a while. I found the .86 to be smoother but deceptively so. Had better blade feel for some reason that felt more consistent with the .80. The .86 was good but so smooth in a sense that I would end the shave and notice weepers. But honestly, not a whole lot of difference between the two

Well, I paid the invoice today and went with WR1 SB .80 with a Darwin handle. My original order was for SB .86 with WRH7, but when I received the confirmation email last week, I changed to the .80 blade gap, and the Darwin handle.

Then for the next 5 days, I second guessed my decision, hemmed and hawed over blade gap, OC vs SB, and the handle, but decided to go with my gut and stick with the SB .80 and the Darwin.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Well, I paid the invoice today and went with WR1 SB .80 with a Darwin handle. My original order was for SB .86 with WRH7, but when I received the confirmation email last week, I changed to the .80 blade gap, and the Darwin handle.

Then for the next 5 days, I second guessed my decision, hemmed and hawed over blade gap, OC vs SB, and the handle, but decided to go with my gut and stick with the SB .80 and the Darwin.

So when I first became captivated with Wolfman, the Darwin was my least favorite. Then I started to become intrigued by it. Now I'm downright enamoured with it. It's what I ordered along with the WR1 when I recently jumped back on the wait list. Funny how that works, yes?

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
So when I first became captivated with Wolfman, the Darwin was my least favorite. Then I started to become intrigued by it. Now I'm downright enamoured with it. It's what I ordered along with the WR1 when I recently jumped back on the wait list. Funny how that works, yes?

I was the opposite. I was immediately enamored with the Darwin handle. However, I was talked out of getting it with my first Wolf. So when my number came up for number two, I ordered it with the Darwin. I love that handle. It feels great in the hand, and looks amazing. I’m so happy I got it. No regrets on either one. Can’t wait for my number to come up again.

The postman came to say hello.
Left me with a massive 1.55 gap smile (and a fat custom invoice)

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This morning I started at page1 and read everything. I am pretty new to wet shaving as in about 7 weeks new . I have been very diligent in regard to understanding that technique is everything . I have acquired a Rex Envoy , Lupo .72, and a Timeless Ti SLIM .I favor the Timeless by a pretty good margin and to be honest its just not efficient enough.
I shave daily
Not prone to irritation
I would say average growth in 24 hours requiring a daily shave to be clean
facial hair wouldn't be considered coarse necessarily. Call it average too.
After reading everything here and kind of taking a stab at it, this is what I think I'm going to get on the list for
WR2 .135 SB
WRH7 98mm
What say You Wolfman vets! Im not scared to need to grow into this razor if its a bit of a reach. Am I glaringly out of line ?

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
This morning I started at page1 and read everything. I am pretty new to wet shaving as in about 7 weeks new . I have been very diligent in regard to understanding that technique is everything . I have acquired a Rex Envoy , Lupo .72, and a Timeless Ti SLIM .I favor the Timeless by a pretty good margin and to be honest its just not efficient enough.
I shave daily
Not prone to irritation
After reading everything here and kind of taking a stab at it, this is what I think I'm going to get on the list for
WR2 .135 SB
WRH7 98mm
What say You Wolfman vets! Im not scared to need to grow into this razor if its a bit of a reach. Am I glaringly out of line ?
I don’t think any WR2 choice would be ‘glaringly out of line’; my only concern with your choice would be whether you’ll need to shave again after only 24 hours. But I think you’ll love it.

Something I didn't consider ,thanks for pointing that out.
That is THE thing to consider when choosing a WR2 gap. They’re all smooth shavers....none is likely to be considered too “aggressive” for the average face. It’s simply a question of how frequently you like/want to shave, and then what‘s the highest gap that will still allow enough regrowth for you to shave at that desired frequency.

That is THE thing to consider when choosing a WR2 gap. They’re all smooth shavers....none is likely to be considered too “aggressive” for the average face. It’s simply a question of how frequently you like/want to shave, and then what‘s the highest gap that will still allow enough regrowth for you to shave at that desired frequency.
I agree. The single focus on gap isn't much use when there are so many other variables. Personally, I use a WR2 1.45 or WR1 .86 daily and have enough whiskers for a three pass shave every day.

I shave daily
Not prone to irritation
WR2 .135 SB
WRH7 98mm

You have described my perfect razor....the only difference is I prefer that handle as hollow.

I would say have faith and go for it.

My number with Wolfman has come up, after joining the waiting list/submitting google form in mid November 2020. This puts the current waiting time a bit less than 6 months.
I've resolved to with WR2 @ 1.45 gap, with solid WHR2 90mm. I've gone with the OC offering, to me it's just too beautiful a looking razor in OC. I'm prepared to sacrifice some SB comfort for OC style.

The decision process to arrive at a configuration, even with 6 months of pondering, digesting opinions, comparing to my stable of other razors, is not an easy one.

My number with Wolfman has come up, after joining the waiting list/submitting google form in mid November 2020. This puts the current waiting time a bit less than 6 months.
I've resolved to with WR2 @ 1.45 gap, with solid WHR2 90mm. I've gone with the OC offering, to me it's just too beautiful a looking razor in OC. I'm prepared to sacrifice some SB comfort for OC style.

The decision process to arrive at a configuration, even with 6 months of pondering, digesting opinions, comparing to my stable of other razors, is not an easy one.
The higher gap crowd is growing here! Do you own other Wolfs?

Top Bottom