What's new

World’s Mildest (New) Razor?

The regular Henson is mild. Check HERE.
Then there is the medium Henson, HERE.
The Titanium comes in Mild, Medium, and Aggressive, HERE. :wink2:
It's too bad that Henson does not offer an "Aggressive" version of their AL13. I would be hesitant to get a Ti22-Aggressive without first trying out an AL version, especially since (I hear) there's such consistency across the two versions. As it is, if I like the AL13-Medium better than the AL13-Mild, then I will pre-order the Ti22-Medium.

It's too bad that Henson does not offer an "Aggressive" version of their AL13. I would be hesitant to get a Ti22-Aggressive without first trying out an AL version, especially since (I hear) there's such consistency across the two versions. As it is, if I like the AL13-Medium better than the AL13-Mild, then I will pre-order the Ti22-Medium.

If you end up getting a Ti22, they offer "heads only" if you want a different head later on instead of having to buy the entire razor. I wasn't aware of that until Jonathan at Henson said they sell the Ti heads separately. As you know I have the Ti22 medium and I find it perfect.

Last edited:
Another vote for the Henson Medium. I decided to give the DE thing a try during the last year and went with the Henson based on reviews. There was zero learning curve coming from cartridges and the weird thing was when I would try a cart again for a comparison, the cart pulled like crazy. This was something I never realized before. Henson is smooth and close.
Liking the medium so much I bought a titanium medium on a whim and haven't tried it. I'm looking at trying the Rockwell 6S or the upcoming Blackland Era next and then decide whether to sell the Titanium Henson to finance the new razor or send back one of the new purchases (since both have a satisfaction warranty) and stick with the Ti. Totally open to viewpoints or suggestions!

Another vote for the Henson Medium. I decided to give the DE thing a try during the last year and went with the Henson based on reviews. There was zero learning curve coming from cartridges and the weird thing was when I would try a cart again for a comparison, the cart pulled like crazy. This was something I never realized before. Henson is smooth and close.
Liking the medium so much I bought a titanium medium on a whim and haven't tried it. I'm looking at trying the Rockwell 6S or the upcoming Blackland Era next and then decide whether to sell the Titanium Henson to finance the new razor or send back one of the new purchases (since both have a satisfaction warranty) and stick with the Ti. Totally open to viewpoints or suggestions!

I went from the AL13 to the Ti22. The Ti22 is my favorite razor. It has more heft than the aluminum version and I feel it's just a tad more efficient. It also glides across my skin a little better as well. Please shave with it before you buy anything else.....I bet you will love it. Both of my Henson razors are medium.

I went from the AL13 to the Ti22. The Ti22 is my favorite razor. It has more heft than the aluminum version and I feel it's just a tad more efficient. It also glides across my skin a little better as well. Please shave with it before you buy anything else.....I bet you will love it. Both of my Henson razors are medium.
Good to know. Just contacted Henson. They just sold out of their Ti22 with no date yet on restock. But I'm on their waiting list. "Danyel" said she would contact me as soon as they restock. I will order it right away and post it here. :thumbup1:
I look forward to trying their AL13-Medium next week and seeing how it compares with the AL13-Mild. It will be very hard to beat, I know that! :a11:

You can buy the titanium version from Maggards. There are only a few razors available, so you have to make up your mind now and grab one before they are gone. Also, the head design of the Baili 176 ''kinda'' reminds me of the Wolfman WR2. Obviously, just because it's looks ''kinda'' similar doesn't mean that it's going to shave like the WR2, but who knows?

Can anyone who has shaved with both the Razorock DE1/Baili 176 compare that razor to the Henson in terms of agressiveness/smoothness?

eric.

Good to know. Just contacted Henson. They just sold out of their Ti22 with no date yet on restock. But I'm on their waiting list. "Danyel" said she would contact me as soon as they restock. I will order it right away and post it here. :thumbup1:
I look forward to trying their AL13-Medium next week and seeing how it compares with the AL13-Mild. It will be very hard to beat, I know that! :a11:

oK...I’ll be that guy...Danielle. French Canadians are cursing you...LOL:eek2:.

You can buy the titanium version from Maggards. There are only a few razors available, so you have to make up your mind now and grab one before they are gone. Also, the head design of the Baili 176 ''kinda'' reminds me of the Wolfman WR2. Obviously, just because it's looks ''kinda'' similar doesn't mean that it's going to shave like the WR2, but who knows?

Not even close. The Baili is really great for the money, but, at best, it’s slightly better than a run of the mill Tech.

A WR2 has a crazy efficiency to smoothness ratio. Or, vice versa...I’d have to think about that a bit...

Can anyone who has shaved with both the Razorock DE1/Baili 176 compare that razor to the Henson in terms of agressiveness/smoothness?

eric.

Definitely in the same ballpark. I *think* I had a medium Henson (L: 001M...maybe a mild?). I found the Henson just a bit more aggressive, similarly smooth, Henson was more efficient.

Side question: are you near Brisbane re: user name?

Definitely in the same ballpark. I *think* I had a medium Henson (L: 001M...maybe a mild?). I found the Henson just a bit more aggressive, similarly smooth, Henson was more efficient.

Side question: are you near Brisbane re: user name?
Thanks. Nope, Tucson, Arizona.

Thanks. Nope, Tucson, Arizona.

Hmm...haven’t had the pleasure. I’ve been to Phoenix frequently and there was a time when U of Arizona was a possible part of my future (Or ASU).

Glass House Mountains are North of Brisbane and *very* unique for a North American at a distance and hiking around them.

So the razorock comparison starts :)
in quick Henson still in lead :)
Henson more comfort a touch less efficient again to me the comfort wins out with 4 passes giving the same thing less irritation but the razorocks are not out of more trials as I really like them for finish comfort in hand classy look and build and I do think even if the Henson becomes my daily I think one razorock in the collection would be worth having and who knows maybe even by a Lupo so many rave about if I go deeper but I do not plan on keeping all I only want a couple razors in the end but want to make sure with those couple I really know they will fit the niche I want them to ! But I could change my mind on that even :) fun times I am having :)

have to say the razorocks are really nice quality razors better than I thought they were going to be ! I say that for how blah the merkur and up or down $40 razors are IMHO

I do notice just how precise and nice the Henson is though like screwing on the handle the Henson feels like high end bike parts vs the kinda looser feel of the other razors I have so far ?

so I shaved with the BBS and the Mamba .53 which I know were/are very close tomorrow I might try a dif blade in each and think I will have to do that for a bit to find the blades that work for me with these razors as they were very nice
Have to switch the sides of my face since I am better with my right side still since I am right handed :) they were that close to each other but I did have a preference for one but want to give it a few more shaves to say for sure
BBS lower angle
Mamba more toward cap

the handles are very nice grippy when wet soapy loading the blades the one is so tight of tollerance takes a tiny fingernail to get top cap off :) IMHO that is a good thing not a negative :)
the finish cleaned up nice and looks nice
balance and in use very nice and angles are a bit different
yup had that life is good grin this morning :) hahahaahhaha

I ended up doing 3 pass and bit of touch up and got nice BBS both left weepers on my upper lip that I usually do not do ATG and just live with it as I have so no biggy if a razor does not do that :)
but the fact the henson could I am going to suffer that in my testing even if I get a henson chances are wont bother ATG in that upper lip :)
again overall irritation was the same for both razorock and that was more than the Henson after 4 passes

feeling my face 5 hours post both sides feel nice and still smooth
I do think the upper lip hair is the grey stubble problem as in many say grey stubble gets tough ?

———- random thoughts ———-
If a razorock stainless was my only razer and I was happy with its performance I would feel I had a really nice stainless razor that will stand the test of time
I do think the ambassador I have is a thing of beauty the look finish and feel I think the Henson is unique and the precision is the best of all even more precise than the Rex Ambassador and the Razorocks are the best bang for the buck and again make me say dont even bother going lower than a all stainless razorock as the starting point of buying a razor !
But also going to say buy a bunch and try :)

Even if I loose a bit selling these and go for something else I think they are worth getting trying to see if you like them

Last edited:
Thanks but I prefer to buy directly from Henson. They stand by their products with a very generous return policy. Maggards charges a 20% restocking fee...and told me they "highly discourage customers from taking advantage of it."
Fine with me 👍 I won't be buying any razors from them!

oK...I’ll be that guy...Danielle. French Canadians are cursing you...LOL:eek2:.
1620013263993.png

Danyel (Henson Shaving)

May 2, 2021, 14:04 GMT-5

Hi Ken,

Always a pleasure with you. Definitely give the medium AL13 a shot and we can go from there. We truly have no timeframe on the titanium stock right now. Its an internal battle for our team as we find our way as a start up company. Slow and steady to ensure our customer care and quality are on point. But, as soon as I know timeframe, you will know! We only went completely out of stock of all titanium razors late last week. You had JUST missed the boat, unfortunately.

Your favourite,

Danyel
Henson Shaving

eric.
Both are in my regular rotation, though I have to say the Henson is currently dominating in terms of playing time. The DE1 is among my favorite "conventional" razors. It is very smooth, has minimal blade feel and is still reasonably efficient. It is somewhat similar to a Gillette Tech, but better IMO. I don't especially care for the handle, so I usually switch it out with another handle, but that's just a personal preference thing that does not affect the shave. Overall, the DE1 is an excellent razor and I highly recommend it. Plus, it is $7.99.

The Henson AL13 is, however, on another level. It does not shave like any other DE razor I have tried, and I mean that in a good way. The combination of the precision build, the super rigid blade clamping and the tiny exposure/large gap geometry provide a smooth, gentle feel on the face that has to be experienced to be appreciated. At the same time, it delivers excellent efficiency at the optimum angle, which is so easy it is virtually automatic. The Henson design people really knocked it out of the park with the AL13; an innovative and unique design that delivers a shave unlike anything else on the market. I know that different doesn't necessarily equal better, but in the case of the Al13, I think it might.

BTW, I have the AL13 Medium. I haven't tried the Mild.

Top Bottom