What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Soap/Cream: Proraso Red soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Personna Platinum (Red) (1st)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea sensitive balm.

2 passes, good shave, certainly CCS.
Only use a Personna blade for the second time. I looked up my notes from the first time. Same impression: very fine endresult but not a pleasant shaving process for me. The blade seems to scream 'watch out, I'm sharp and I'm gonna cut you up if you don't pay attention'. It doesn't cut me up. So it's barking but not biting. All the same: not my preferred blade. Then would I rather have a nice shaving process but a lousy result? (Like I currently get from Shark blades, totally illustrating my level of technique, or rather the lack thereoff)? Obviously no. We want it all :blush:

8,5/10 for me

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Sunday 2nd April 2021

Shave Score 9.8/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing
Soap: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Atlantis
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 OC
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Post Shave ASL: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Balm: Stirling Soap Co. Sharp Dressed Man
Post Shave Cologne: John Varvartos - Artisan Pure

Have a good one.

Joe

1DBA8FFF-9357-4871-8E92-121D6092FB37.jpeg

Score 8/10

Kent puck
Omega 615
Merkur 38C Black
Kai (6th use)
Razorock Black Bay AS

My first go with this soap. It loaded easily but took a bit of work to lather (it likes a drink). It performed very well during my usual 2 pass shave and rinsed off easily (which I like). The scent is mild and uncomplicated.

It was also my first go with this razor and I can tell it will not be in my regular rotation. The handle affords minimal grip and I managed to nick my chin which has pretty much put a hex on this razor for me. For context, I have nicked myself only 5 times in 20 odd years of wet shaving...

As of late I've been enjoying some superb shaves which has perhaps spoiled me but life is too short to persist with bad shaves 🙂

IMG_20210502_111205592~2.jpg

Razor: Fine Marvel
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock SP (4)
Brush: Vie-Long 04503 Horse, 21mm

Soap: TFS Arancio Amaro

Proraso green aftershave splash

2 1/2. passes. One small chin weeper in a recurring spot. A close shave but four is enough for this (and most) blade.
9/10

Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

02 May 2021
20210502_063410.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar Soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream Of The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia – Italy √
Old Spice Original –India
Old Spice Musk – India
Proraso Green –Italy
Brushes For The Shave:
Omega 11126 -- Prep with Old Spice Bar soap
Gray Dog-- Today’s shave
Blade For The Shave:
Derby Premium Azmusebat (from Turkey) 6th use
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then Alum rub downs.
Aftershave:
Old Spice – Canada?
Rating:
10.0 BBS Like yesterday, another great uber lather shave—using rain water, with no remaining stubble, nicks, or weepers.

9A46E454-6C03-4E40-99A6-A316096F3746.jpeg

Razor: Gillette flare tip Superspeed
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush: PAA Starcraft
Aftershave: Chiseled Face Santa Paula

Good Morning! Excellent shave this morning. Second shave using my sample of Electric Sheep. I am really impressed with all of the Stirling offerings I’ve tried so far. And I still have a few more samples I haven’t tried. Two pass, DFS+

9.5 / 10

A simple and quick 24-hour beard shave this Sunday:

Gillette postwar fat-handled Tech in champagne gold/new Feather blade

Blend of GF Trumper's Almond cream and Barbasol Original foam

Semogue boar brush

Proraso Green aftershave, Assured lotion

After my workout, washed face with Dial soap and applied a little Trumper's while the brush soaked; then I whipped the cream up in the scuttle, spritzed in a bit of Barbasol, and commenced to begin to shave. The new Feather sliced through the stiff growth without hesitation. Pass 1, WTG; pass 2, throat only, ATG and XTG, a bit of cleanup, and I was ready for my shower. After that came the Proraso Green and Assured lotion (I was hurried today, no time for powder). A fine smooth shave.

Verdict: 9.4.

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84 P with HD handle
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
Brush: Muhle Silvertip Fibre synthetic, medium size
Soap: Palmolive shave stick, first time using
Rating: 10

Yesterday afternoon's shave on 2+ days of growth. Easy BBS after WTG/XTG/ATG passes, with no nicks or irritation.

The Palmolive shave stick exceeded my expectations and produced a level of cushioning and smoothness that forced me to check the razor for stubble in the lather because I couldn't feel any cutting. The post shave feel was also good, and the lather rinsed easily from the razor and brush without leaving any residue. The scent is fine, but it did linger on my face afterwards. After this test, I will be replacing Arko with Palmolive as my shave stick of choice, but I still want to try Tabac shave stick.

The Rapira PL is still holding its edge and smoothness; no cutting resistance yet. My face is still presentable after 18 hours (although others might disagree).

Razor: Parker 99R
Blade: Feather
Soap: Razorock Mudder Focker
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Afterhsave: Nivea Deep Lotion & Sensitive Balm
proxy.php

Loving the T3 for face lathering and paired with this soap is fantastic. [emoji108]

Still need to get more seat time with the 99R but it seems more aggressive (plenty of blade feel) than other razors I’ve used.

8/10 BBS Shave.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soap/Cream: Proraso Red soap
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Personna Platinum (Red) (1st)
AS: cold rinse; Nivea sensitive balm.

2 passes, good shave, certainly CCS.
Only use a Personna blade for the second time. I looked up my notes from the first time. Same impression: very fine endresult but not a pleasant shaving process for me. The blade seems to scream 'watch out, I'm sharp and I'm gonna cut you up if you don't pay attention'. It doesn't cut me up. So it's barking but not biting. All the same: not my preferred blade. Then would I rather have a nice shaving process but a lousy result? (Like I currently get from Shark blades, totally illustrating my level of technique, or rather the lack thereoff)? Obviously no. We want it all :blush:

8,5/10 for me
I have a similar opinion of the Red blades: to me, they feel sharper and rougher than the shave quality/closeness produced. I prefer US Personna Blues to these Reds, but I haven't tried the new Red replacements from Germany yet.

1619965608531.jpeg

Brush: Grizzly Bay / 26mm APShaveCo Gelousy
Soap: The Club - Mimosa & Melon
Razor: Razorock Hawk V3
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild

8/10: What a contrast! Good first shave with the Hawk, which is FAR superior to the aluminum versions. It’s a bit mild, so I will experiment with different blades and plates.

Like others, I had a strong fragrance reaction to this soap. It’s disappointing, and all too common for Peter’s soaps. On the plus side, the Rice Water Serum is pretty nice, and I don’t usually use post-shave products.

Tabac is my favourite. Best scent and by far the best shaving stick lather. Tabac is more expensive, but it is twice as big as most of the other shaving sticks.

Palmolive is excellent as well. Boots shave stick from the UK is also a good one if you can find it.

LaToja doesn’t lather well for me and the scent is Meh. Smells like cigarette butts to me.

I have yet to try Speick.
So I finally tried Palmolive shave stick yesterday, and it worked great - far superior to Arko for me. Thanks again for the suggestion! I hope to try Tabac stick next.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021

Razor: Schick injector E2, Canadian Variant- MFG 1930's+40's excellent mid range, light weight + easy to maneuver the face.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender - nice scent with excellent lather qualities. Reasonable post shave.
Brush: Razorock Noir 400 Plissoft, great brush to generate lather , soft tips with great scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Schick injector E2 type Canadian variant with a Personna coated injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, May2nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Sunday- another great, relaxing late morning shave, two-pass, with some clean-up, 9++/10, no mishaps. We were on little kid duty all morning :001_smile :

Pre-shave: shower with Ivory Soap
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather AC Pro (6)- pushed it past a fifth use and was rewarded with a nice result, probably the MWF lather cushion helped. I'll change it out for tomorrow and maybe change the razor head, too.
Brush: Semogue SOC boar
Soap: MWF homemade stick- Both the shave and the post-shave feel was excellent. This soap is really nice with the tap water here in Brooklyn, whipped up a superb lather.
Post-shave: cold rinse, Fine American Blend AS splash, this splash is becoming a favorite.

Have a great day, stay safe, and enjoy your next shave!
PXL_20210502_153922062.jpg

Top Bottom