Lather: Pre de Provence No. 63
Razor: RR Lupo .72*
Blade: Nacet
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Azzaro Chrome
*First shave with my new Lupo.
Very impressed, though the blade feel
was more than I'm used to after having
spent last week shaving with a Mamba .70.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Bill

52D1B57B-0E48-47B4-8751-FC1C296F7163.jpeg

Pre: lather up and massage , hot towel to the face
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Mudder Focker
Razor; Blackbird SB
Blade: super shave x #2

Another brilliant shave granted by blackbird - BBS face and dfs++ on neck in 3 passes. This razor definitely doesn’t fail to perform.

I was going to make today’s shave yet another tabac Thursday, however in corner of shaving den I spotted mudder focker just laying there , which I have acquired a while ago but didn’t use. The only reason why I decided to get it a while back is due to it including the mud. As a diabetic with skin tendencies, I find products that include mud or clay to leave me with much better feel than ones without. This one definitely didn’t fail to perform - nice scent, found it to be quite thirsty, and 25 seconds of load provided enough lather for 4-5 passes. Razor glided effortlessly and blade performed well - feels like it’s a good match for blackbird.

Shave finished off with a splash of proraso red ASL.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen!

A Two-Parter
  • Prep: Hot Shower
  • Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave
  • Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
  • Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
  • Blade: Derby Usta
  • Lather: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Clubguy - Soap
  • Post Shave: Alum Block
  • Post Shave: Proraso Eucalyptus & Menthol Refresh Pre-Shave Cream

Another one of my two-part shaves. The dome up top, and the face out the front. My smoothest dome shave yet. Still working on keeping the correct angle across all locations, but getting better with each shave.

I think today's razor and blade combination seems to be best for me so far. The Derby Usta so far is the most comfortable blade I have used, I still haven't moved onto an Astra SP or the Feather blades, but I am really enjoying the smooth shaves using the Usta blades.

It looks like I have finally touched the bottom of my PAA soap container. I'm going to have to go shopping for some new shave soap soon. Still unsure what to buy given the somewhat restricted range of soaps here in Australia, but also balancing budget for soaps.

SOTD - Thursday 29 April 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Solid Bar - 0.38mm - TRH6 - Bronze
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos - 26mm Fan (Boar)
  • Shaving Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
  • After-Shave Splash: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos
  • Fragrance: Abbate Y La Mantia - Krokos - EdC (200 ml)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Thur, April 29th 2021

Razor: Valet Auto-strop c1, Canadian variant- Mfg 1920's, modified gap from .011 to .007 to smooth the razor out, easy shave today. Not much to shave because of excellent shave yesterday.
Blade: Modified Gem SS PTFE (5) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Tabac, nice mild flowery scent, great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Atlantis synthetic- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, great backbone for scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG +ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Valet Autostrop C1 with a Gem coated blade.

SE SOTD, Thur, April 29th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom