Gillette Rocket
Wilkinson Sword
Yaqi Tuxedo 28mm
RR Irish Countryside

IMG-2443.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, April 28th 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd generation Lupo.72- Mfg 2021> excellent razor, perfect mid range, easy to load & a nice carefree shave.
Blade : Gillette Astra SS(1) excellent blade sharp & smooth with good longevity,:thumbsup:
Soap: Tabac- mild flowery fresh scent, excellent lather qualities + reasonable post shave.
Brush: Yaqi boar bristle 24mm- it shed a lot at first, very nice feel to this brush, it will be a keeper. Boar brushes can be very enjoyable to use when broke in properly IMO. Soft tips with a nice scrub with not much scritch.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Fine fresh Vetiver with witch hazel, excellent scent + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 weeper= :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo .72 + a Gillette Astra SS(blue)
(it does not get much better shaving IMO)
DE SOTD, Wed, April 28th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

20210406_080754.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette Platinum
Brush: Simpson Commodore X2 Best Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

842D2DD4-D8A7-4AC7-9200-41E3E4B519A8.jpeg

Pre: massage with lather, hot towel to the face
Brush: yaqi 26mm mysterious space tuxedo
Soap: Boellis Panama 1924
Razor: Blackland Blackbird SB
Blade: super shave x #1

Been a while since I’ve used blackbird again - so decided to give it a few outings. Love this little razor - has the right weight and side to it for me. Paired it with super shave x blade which did perform well - it was smooth and sharp on its first outing - looking forward to the second one.

DFS+ achieved in 3 passes, with one tiny weeper where I’ve nicked a spot (again! ) .

Face is smooth and refreshed.

Enjoy your day Gentlemen!

20210428_154153-01.jpeg

SOTD #118/2021
28-04-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger
Soap: Extro Cosmesi ~ Aranchia Italiana
Razor: Razorock SLOC
Blade: KAI (5)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill Witch Hazel and psb.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Thanks for your comment. My shave was inspired by your Israel Persona blade. I only have the 2 blades since 2019 and I was reluctant to use it because it's beautifully wrapped...hahaha. Well, after this 1 blade used, the other will be my collector's item.
I just now remember reading an item somewhere, probably 8 or 9 years ago now, about European collectors collect the wrapper rather than the blade itself. I'd like to hear some confirmation of that from a European wet shaver.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

SOTD-R_2021-04-28.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Omega 599 Super Badger 22/48
Soap: LEA Menthol Croap
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (1)
ASL: Spearmint BLAST (home brew)

An excellent shave. :biggrin:

Have I found the ultimate hardware and software combination? It certainly feels like it!

The reason I haven't used the wonderful Semogue Mistura with this team is that the croap is still curing. So I'll keep on using the Omega softy till the croap hardens a bit more... mind you, I'm getting very attached to the Omega.

At last, I "get" Fatip's motto:
Fatip-Logo.jpg

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom