What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Wed 21st SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Parker SemiSlant on Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette Silver Blue 1st
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Ice Blue
Soap's scent is nice for me. Good strength leathery & smoky scent. Quality is dependent on loading...today's is abit less so kinda thin...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Overall smooth and comfortable for 3passes but own mistake results in a nicked on the chin. Aftershaves were excellent cooling for an oven-hot day. Rating 9/10
20210420_201121.jpg
20210421_080237.jpg

Score 8/10

A&E St Barts
Omega 599
Merkur 37C
Kai (2nd use)
A&E St Barts AS

A nice scent on this soap but the puck is really soft so I just ended up with a thick paste on the tips of the brush. The face lathering portion of the shave was therefore a bit of a mission today ☹️

However, once lathered up the performance was great. I can see why A&E have a loyal following 🙂

The razor/blade combo was stellar as usual 🙂

IMG_20210420_153241573~5.jpg

After the disaster of yesterday I came back to some hard- and software that I really know by heart. I used the Haslinger Sheep and face-lathered with the Yaqi Monster synthetic brush. Rich, creamy lather, really great. I managed three passes without tugging, nicks, etc. really comfortable. I avoided to do touch up as I was not sure if every damage I created yesterday has healed. Worked fine, not too smoth, obviously. Scored 8/10

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG, XTG: R4, ATG: R3
Blade: Personna Red (3)
Brush: Yaqi monster synthetic
Soap: Haslinger Sheep
Preshave: Balea Rasieröl
Aftershave: Osma Alum, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Balea Men Outdoor Protect

Scattered Showers & Breezy Wednesday Shave:

Fatip OC Slant Piccolo
Silver Star (6)
Soap cocktail: Haslinger Schafmilch stick + Omega Eucalyptus
Semogue C5 premium boar brush
Dickinson's witch hazel mixed with Pereja Limon Kolonya
Speick splash

Clean, close shave; DFS+

"Project: Use Up Odds & Ends" continues.

Soap/Cream: Wilkinson puck (blue tub)
Brush: Mühle Silvertip fibre M
Razor: Merkur 38C
Blade: Mühle (1st)
AS: cold rinse; Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum.

2 passes, excellent shave.
With my current technique, Astra SS is too sharp and Shark SS is not sharp enough. At least, that's the story I made up to understand the facts that I witnessed.

21 April 2021
20210421_060604.jpg

Prep:
Old Spice Bar soap
Razor For The Shave:
WCS 84S
Van der Hagen √
Cream Of The Day:
Razor Rock Saturnia
Old Spice Original √
Old Spice Musk
Proraso Green
Brush For The Shave:
Omega 11126 √
Gray Dog
Blade For The Shave:
Gillette Silver Blue Shave #6
Passes:
WTG and then ATG
Cleanup:
Rinsed and dried face, Witch Hazel, and then an Alum rub down.
Aftershave:
Old Spice
Rating:
9.0 A nice shave, but some stubble remained; however, I had no nicks or weepers. Perhaps one more shave with the current blade.

Wednesday's one-pass SAS, Socially Acceptable Shave, no mishaps, 8+/10. Continuing my goal for this week of seeing how good a shave I can have in just one pass. Today was excellent, changing the soap from Cremo to MWF was the key:

Pre-shave: shower and face wash
Razor: Occam's OREN- two-dot head
Blade: Feather Pro (7)- dulling, but still useable
Brush: Omega 10019 boar
Soap: MWF homemade shave stick today, much better than the Cremo Coconut Mango shave stick yesterday. MWF softened up my whiskers way better and has a great post-shave face feel. If one gets along with MWF, this classic works well.
Post-shave: cold rinse, Fine American Barber AS- the artisan movement in shaving soft goods over the last decade has resulted in some wonderful products, IMHO this is one of them.

Stay safe and have a great hump day!

PXL_20210421_121119502.jpg

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 9.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - Pinaud Clubman Classic Barber Shave Cream (Brushless - applied by hand.)
Soap: Zingari Man The Nomad
Brush: PAA Amber Aerolite Stygian Hybrid synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Lupo SS SB Dual Comb w/ATT SS Kronos handle
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Bay Rum-scented Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger aftershave tonic
AS: Stephan Bay Rum splash

An excellent close shave...DFS/BBS. Three small weepers...one on the right side and two on the left side of my neck. Hardly worth mentioning, but half a point off. I dialed in the Nomad soap really well this morning...painted on easily. The PAA Stygian hybrid is one of my favorite brushes...not so much from an appearance perspective...but it performs really well...easy to whip up lather and a good painter. The new handle, Above the Tie/Kronos, I bought from Maggards on sale. It's plain to look at, but it provides an excellent grip...the knurling really gives you a confidant feeling...this thing isn't going to easily slip from your hand. Stephan Bay Rum scent-wise smells a lot to my nose like Masters Bay Rum does, but it doesn't have a ton of glycerin in it like Masters. Not my favorite Bay Rum scent, but it's nice. Will definitely keep it in the rotation. You get plenty of it and it's fairly inexpensive.

Not feeling great today overall...not much sleep last night and stomach is bothering me. Going to take it easy today.

Happy Shaves, Everyone.

Kit 20210421.jpg

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Stirling Unscented Pre Shave Soap
Razor: OneBlade Genesis V2
Blade: Feather FHS-10 (2)
Soap/Cream: Stirling Executive Man
Bowl: Timeless Blue Shave Bowl
Brush: Simpson's Persian Jar PJ3 in Best Badger
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Thayers Unscented Witch Hazel, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Stirling Executive Man EDT
Rating: 10/10 Excellent 2 1/2 pass BBS shave. No weepers, cuts or irritation. Mindless carefree shave.

Shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap/Cream
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Graydog Syn
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Jimmy Choo Man Intense
Rating
10/10.
Comments
Coming to the end of this soap. Unlike the AP Shaving brush of yesterday, the Graydog had no trouble loading soap from the bit and pieces of the soap. At most, one more use of the soap. A nice, smooth bbs shave.

DD25F4E4-4587-420B-A351-DA2430734172.jpeg

Razor: Gillette slim
Blade: Wizamet (2)
Soap: Stirling Spice
Brush: Omega Pro
Aftershave: Old Spice

Wonderful shave this morning! Tried something new this morning and did my WTG pass wide open on 9 and subsequent passes and touch up on 2. In the grand scheme of things, I don’t think the results were much different from my usual which is to leave it on 4-5 all the time, but it was a fun experiment. BBS except one spot on my neck, no irritation or stinging from aftershave. A thoroughly enjoyable shave.

10/10

BTW are we rating the experience or the closeness?

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Wed, April 21st 2021

Razor: Razorock 2nd Gen Lupo .72 - MFG 2021, excellent mid range, well designed for great results, nice carefree shaving IMO.
Blade: Gillette 7oClock SP (Black)(4) excellent blade Sharp & smooth with good shaves from 1-5 for myself.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24 mm Tuxedo knot- excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips + great scrubber & lather painter.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandalwood cream, nice scent with great lather qualities.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandalwood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 10/10 or CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 + a Gillette 7oclock SP(black).

DE SOTD Wednesday, April 21 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Standard - 2013 Model
Blade: Concord Platinum (2)
Brush: SOC Silvertip Badger,24mm

Soap: Maggard, Lilac

Pre: Bloom Water
Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Murray & Lanman Rue Cologne

A smooth, close and efficient three pass shave. I think this is the only Concord blade I have for use. I got it from 'Try a Blade '.quite some time ago. It's a good blade. I used it in the 34C a few days ago and it worked well in it also.
Maggard makes very good soap IMO.
No nicks or weepers or razor burn.
10/10
Have a great day everyone [emoji106]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1619023756642.jpeg

Brush: Wild West Brushworks / 26mm V10 Fanchurian
Soap: A&E Asian Pear (sample)
Razor: Karve CB / B plate
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue

10/10: The “cousin” of one of my favorite soaps is also a winner for me. I love the muted sweetness, but I also love the way it leaves my skin afterwards. Putting a sharp blade in this Karve seemed to work well, as I buffed my way to a great shave.

Top Bottom