CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti:thumbup:
$300
(Comfort 9, Efficiency 9)

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53

$65

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13
$70

Ladies and Gentlemen (well, basically Gentleman!lol),

Allow me the privilege of announcing a new leader in my search for the "perfect" mild razor...the Above The Tie Windsor SSM-1 🇺🇸
ATT SSM1.jpg

This razor is exactly like the Timeless Ti .68 in terms of performance (comfort + efficiency)...and it cost $115 less!
The only noticeable difference is the weight...the Timeless Ti .68 is made of titanium, whereas the ATT Windsor SSM-1 is made of stainless steel, so it is heavier. The ATT is like the Love Child ☮ of the Timeless and the Rockwell 6C. It has the performance of the Timeless with the build of the Rockwell (although not as bulky!). So far, this is THE BEST RAZOR I HAVE EVER USED!
If you have sensitive skin, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this razor! Again, it's not cheap ($185) but it's worth every penny!

The Americans make awesome mild razors! 🇺🇸🇺🇸 :a14:

P.S. I used TABAC 🇩🇪shave soap for the first time. You guys were right...It is AWESOME!...great lather and protection and a classic scent!:thumbup: Thank you.

Stay tuned...The Canadians are coming...the Canadians are coming (RazoRock Mamba .53 🇨🇦and Henson AL13 🇨🇦) !

Last edited:
Good to hear about the ATT being so nice
I would be curious to compare the ATT vs the timeless in stainless so its same metal vs same metal :) rabbit hole more like black hole :)

Interesting update regarding the ATT. If I were going to get another razor, I was leaning towards trying the Tatara, but may have to rethink that.

Interesting update regarding the ATT. If I were going to get another razor, I was leaning towards trying the Tatara, but may have to rethink that.
The Tatara is great too...not harsh at all...it just has more blade feel...albeit very controlled! It reminds me of a surgical instrument...very precise. They're both equally efficient, but the ATT is more relaxed...smoother. The results are basically the same...a close shave with little irritation...They just have a different feel.

Good to hear about the ATT being so nice
I would be curious to compare the ATT vs the timeless in stainless so its same metal vs same metal :) rabbit hole more like black hole :)
That would be more on point...but I can't imagine the Timeless SS outperforming the Ti.

I used to be obsessed with mild razors, and I also own some now, such as mamba 53, 6c r1, ... Mild razors usually mean negative blade exposure, but this is not a good thing. You will repeatedly walk around the area that has been shaved, and the ambiguous blade angle will unknowingly scrape things that should not be removed, and eventually get irritation. Henson al is not on my list of mild razors because its blade feels too much.
My best choice is Razorock Lupo 72 (yes, lupo is also here lol). It has no blade feel, high efficiency, large skin contact area, good and fixed blade angle, really shaves like hot knife cutting butter.

Last edited:
My best choice is Razorock Lupo 72 (yes, lupo is also here lol). It has no blade feel, high efficiency, large skin contact area, good and fixed blade angle, really shaves like hot knife cutting butter.
What...another RazoRock?! :surrender: I already have two (BBS and Mamba) on the way!

Another razor to consider is the Merica razor which is for sale on the Wet Shaving Club. It is made by Yates Precision in Pennsylvania for them out of 316 SS. It is a mild razor but always gives me a 3 pass BBS. I am a daily shaver, so I prefer smooth over anything else.
Never heard of Merica! 🤔

Still have and still use Muhle R89 and Merkur 34c HD often. For a daily shave, I usually grab one of those.

I do consider the Merkur 37c mild as well, though a lot of you think otherwise if I read some of the comments. More efficient yes, but still mild in my opinion.

Still have and still use Muhle R89 and Merkur 34c HD often. For a daily shave, I usually grab one of those.

I do consider the Merkur 37c mild as well, though a lot of you think otherwise if I read some of the comments. More efficient yes, but still mild in my opinion.

Which is milder...the Muhle R89 or the Merkur 34C?

OK...let the fun continue! 🪒 :a30:🪒

Single Elimination Tournament....

Introducing the Competitors:

Rockwell :) 🇨🇦
6C

$50
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 6)

Tatara 😘🇵🇹
Masamune

$200
(Comfort 8/Efficiency 8)

Above The Tie :thumbup: 🇺🇸
Windsor SSM-1

$185

Feather :thumbdown🇯🇵
AS-D2

$175
(Comfort 3 😩 Efficiency 6)

Karve :) 🇨🇦
CB

$90
(Comfort 7.5, Efficiency 8.5)

Timeless🇺🇸 Ti:thumbup:
$300

Timeless🇺🇸 AL :thumbdown
$75
(Comfort 0, Efficiency N/A) Disqualified!

RazoRock 🇨🇦 Mamba .53

$65

Henson 🇨🇦 AL13
$70

Ladies and Gentlemen (well, basically Gentleman!lol),

Allow me the privilege of announcing a new leader in my search for the "perfect" mild razor...the Above The Tie Windsor SSM-1 🇺🇸
View attachment 1253462

This razor is exactly like the Timeless Ti .68 in terms of performance (comfort + efficiency)...and it cost $115 less!
The only noticeable difference is the weight...the Timeless Ti .68 is made of titanium, whereas the ATT Windsor SSM-1 is made of stainless steel, so it is heavier. The ATT is like the Love Child ☮ of the Timeless and the Rockwell 6C. It has the performance of the Timeless with the build of the Rockwell (although not as bulky!). So far, this is THE BEST RAZOR I HAVE EVER USED!
If you have sensitive skin, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this razor! Again, it's not cheap ($185) but it's worth every penny!

The Americans make awesome mild razors! 🇺🇸🇺🇸 :a14:

P.S. I used TABAC 🇩🇪shave soap for the first time. You guys were right...It is AWESOME!...great lather and protection and a classic scent!:thumbup: Thank you.

Stay tuned...The Canadians are coming...the Canadians are coming (RazoRock Mamba .53 🇨🇦and Henson AL13 🇨🇦) !

And if you can find one of these, you'll love it even more!

7EL7IfA-QAavkYWWspOGyg.jpg

Awesome words on the Windsor! 🔥

It's the low blade reveal and the wide cap which holds the blade so firm and stabile and gives that supersmooth yet efficient shave.
Whatever your final choice will be, the Windsor from @Above The Tie is probably the 'world's most beautiful mildest razor'. Here is the Windsor with the H-baseplate (SSH1 instead of SSM1 then), just saying because of the higher blade gap:

210206_13938-AboveTheTie-Windsor_Atlas_Stand-Chubby2MFT.jpg

ATT Windsor Copper, unfortunately no longer made, but sometimes available on eBay and elsewhere. ATT does still sell the copper baseplate and handle, at least for awhile. Slight weight difference from SS - same great performance, but absorbs and holds heat better. One of my favorites in CM1...

The Windsor in complete copper is so adorable - super! But the mixed-metal is also not too shabby:

210315_14046-AboveTheTie-Windsor_Shavemac_Rover2BST.jpg

I just tried the Yates 921-HYB yesterday and I was super impressed. I started with the open comb side on the WTG and XTG pass and found that it was similar to my Timeless .68 in efficiency, however, the Yates felt a lot smoother and easier to use. I'd highly suggest checking out the Yates. The HYB plate and the M plate are the same geometry, however, the HYB has the open comb side.

On your list of comfort and efficiency, I think it would be useful for the razors with multiple base plates to list which plate you are referring to. The Karve on A vs D would make a big difference for viewers to understand your ranking.

I just tried the Yates 921-HYB yesterday and I was super impressed. I started with the open comb side on the WTG and XTG pass and found that it was similar to my Timeless .68 in efficiency, however, the Yates felt a lot smoother and easier to use. I'd highly suggest checking out the Yates. The HYB plate and the M plate are the same geometry, however, the HYB has the open comb side.

On your list of comfort and efficiency, I think it would be useful for the razors with multiple base plates to list which plate you are referring to. The Karve on A vs D would make a big difference for viewers to understand your ranking.
Wow...smoother than the Timeless 😲...at half the price 💰...I never even heard of Yates before!

Thanks for letter me know. I will look into the Yates 921 for sure!

And my apologies for not listing the plates!

For the Karve I used: plate AA (too mild 💤 ), plate B (too aggressive :mad:), and plate A (just right! :) )

Wow...smoother than the Timeless 😲...at half the price 💰...I never even heard of Yates before!

Thanks for letter me know. I will look into the Yates 921 for sure!

And my apologies for not listing the plates!

For the Karve I used: plate AA (too mild 💤 ), plate B (too aggressive :mad:), and plate A (just right! :) )

The Yates 921-M is phenomenal.
It's always sold out.
A good alternative is the Wet Shaving Club Merica razor, which is also made by Yates.

Top Bottom