What's new

shave bowls

Lacking the aesthetics of a Captain‘s Choice but makes lather like nobodies business...
Pereira woodysh - dark brown
417935B6-725D-4F25-9089-978C678D026F.jpeg

473B0767-A657-4C8F-B44D-6D5562542808.jpeg

I own several bowls but the only one I use now is the Captains Choice heavy copper bowl. To my mind it's perfect, wide enough so no clanking handle, not too deep with a slight waist so the lather doesn't spill over. Unbreakable which is a huge plus, I've broken two ceramic ones! View attachment 1167105
My shave scuttle is amazing. I love the feel of warm lather and it is my belief that warm lather helps to soften my whiskers for easier cutting. That said, I know many people are finding that they can build a better lather in the Captain’s Choice bowls. You can scrape soap from a puck and pack it in between those circular grooves and really make a bowl full of great lather. I would love to have a scuttle with those grooves.

First one I started with.. yes it's plastic but, I was looking for something I didn't worry about falling off the small sink area I have. Also at under $10 it was a classic look at a decent price and the ridges in the bottom do help make a decent lather.

Last edited:
Top Bottom