What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
D03ECEB0-D4FD-4847-AE8A-2250D1066D96.jpeg

727F0B06-2826-4219-A727-234298AF52A3.jpeg

Can’t express in words how pleased I am with this custom M&F Heritage II Blonde Badger I unpacked from Brad Sears today. So, I’ll just show pics. Looking forward to its maiden lathering tour in the a.m. Special shout out to the quality folks at Brad Sears!View attachment 1254634View attachment 1254634
Looking forward to hearing about it’s performance. That brush is exquisite. So happy for you and wish you years of great lathering with it.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1253846
I received this in the morning post! One of the awesome B&B folks sent me this Gillette NEW Short Comb because I mentioned I loved the LC but had never tried a SC. Will be using it today!
I'm the biggest liar on here! STILL haven't shaved with this lovely gift from @bjm ! I'm really not an ingrate, life just got in the way. Please pray for the War Department, and especially her mother, if you are so inclined. They would be much appreciated, Dave: the Tanned Farmer

View attachment 1253846
I received this in the morning post! One of the awesome B&B folks sent me this Gillette NEW Short Comb because I mentioned I loved the LC but had never tried a SC. Will be using it today!
I'm the biggest liar on here! STILL haven't shaved with this lovely gift from @bjm ! I'm really not an ingrate, life just got in the way. Please pray for the War Department, and especially her mother, if you are so inclined. They would be much appreciated, Dave: the Tanned Farmer
Dave, as much as we rant and rave about our shaving gear we must recognize that family always comes first.
I am praying for the strength and well being of you and yours in hopes that the three of you make it through these tough times together.

-- Benjamin

Sending love and best wishes to you all Dave! Take care, Al.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
What does the Atmotic smell like?

Said to be "the spirit of travel; Aged Oak, Dogwood, Patchouli and Ginger."

It's good. I do get warm, spicy wood and ginger. Don't have anything like that around here!

I don't know specifically what dogwood smells like, but I know patchouli very well- if it's there it's faint.

The wood/ginger thing, some say, might be better suited for colder weather but I believe "rules are to serve us, not bind us."

I was using a Christmas soap (Krampus) last week, so.

AA

The mail lady brought another goodie. Once again, just in time for my daily shave:

proxy.php

proxy.php

On opening the tin, this has a much subtler scent than the No. 63. There's a sweet, herbal top-note that could be bergamot and/or thyme, but it smells somewhat more sage-like. I know that Pré de Provence makes a sage-scented soap... Could this be the same fragrance? (I don't know what PdP Original shaving soap smelled like; Bergamot and Thyme is apparently a re-labelled version of Original).

I ended up going to the kitchen spice rack and sniffing a bunch of herbs to figure it out. Interestingly, the top-note does appear to be thyme with a hint of rosemary (later, I saw that rosemary is on the ingredient list). The mid-note is very sage-y and is the scent that registers most strongly on your brain. There's something vanilla-like in there, too; that could be the coumarin. The base-note is slightly citrusy with a trace of spice (somewhat peppery; could be the bergamot). This last bit is also present in No. 63, albeit way stronger.

Anyway, the Bergamot and Thyme uses the same base as the No. 63, so it's also an extremely easy-lathering soap. However, the after-scent is not as in-your-face as the No. 63. My face was left feeling very refreshed, afterwards.

This one is definitely going into my rotation! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom