What's new

Acronym Help

I'm continually wondering what some of the acronyms mean in threads. Is there a document or thread that goes through some of these? Google provides some help but falls short within the shaving context. The latest one today is wsp.

I generally hate acronyms but I get the short cut aspect to it. It makes me want to gloss over the posts that use acronyms. I don't want to have to do research when reading a post.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Or you could do what I do ... ignore them :a9: :lol:

If people can't be bothered to type it, then why should I be bothered to try and understand it? :devil:

Laziness begets laziness. :smartass:

I have only been here two years, and I learned the jargon well enough, it’s part of what I like about this place. That, and the hilarious threads about Tabac and the Veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
Everything I have ever been part of has it’s jargon and short cuts. BTW I am also a bit lazy. IMO sometimes others are lazy. ROFL 🤣 LOL.
CYA.

Everything I have ever been part of has it’s jargon and short cuts. BTW I am also a bit lazy. IMO sometimes others are lazy. ROFL 🤣 LOL.
CYA.
I always get muddled up between MWF (Mitchell's Wool Fat) and WMF (Windows Metafile). TG I'm retired.

No, I never worked for MS, so if your computer is giving you a hard time, DSTM...

I have only been here two years, and I learned the jargon well enough, it’s part of what I like about this place. That, and the hilarious threads about Tabac and the Veg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After typing, Against the Grain numerous times, I ultimately fell victim to just using ATG eventually myself and added to that over time.

A lot of people give Tabac and the Veg a hard time. I can’t speak about the Veg but tried Tabac a while back. I can definitely say Tabac grows on you, like truly grows on you in a supernatural way. This can be very good or very bad depending on whether you like the scent. After daily showers for about four days, I could still smell it on my skin. If you like the scent, the stuff lasts forever and is a beyond solid performer, but if you don’t, it is like a curse. The last scent I had that lasted half as long was circa 1992 Fahrenheit back in my college years. Tabac makes that old gold standard Fahrenheit look like Aqua Velva aftershave for longevity. I’ve never come across anything that lasted longer.

I'm continually wondering what some of the acronyms mean in threads. Is there a document or thread that goes through some of these? Google provides some help but falls short within the shaving context. The latest one today is wsp.

I generally hate acronyms but I get the short cut aspect to it. It makes me want to gloss over the posts that use acronyms. I don't want to have to do research when reading a post.

Wet Shaving Products. BTW. :001_smile

Top Bottom