What's new

Wolfman: On the waiting list. Questions.

I own the 1.45 after selling my 1.25. If you sold the 1.25 because it was not efficient enough I would not go less than the 1.45. It is a very good and easy to use razor. It will be more efficient than your timeless. I don't know if James will make anything beyond the 1.45 gap now as he only offers what you see on the Google order sheet.

Thank you for these recommendations as I’m trying to think it out right now and decide by tonight which setup to get. I plan on keeping my Timeless .95 SB. So ideally I would like the best gap for shaving 3 days per week ever other day except weekends into Monday’s it’s 2 days in between shaving. I think I side on getting ONE gap for WR2 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 ? My WR2 1.15 that I sold was only efficient enough for everyday shaving which I don’t do. With this choice in gap my goal is for the shave to last possibly BBS close to 48 hours before feeling any stubble. As I tend to perform WTG pass and ATG pass with chin area touch ups finally before cleanup. Would you do 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 if you where me? I want no buyers remorse. Thanks again
48hrs? Thasa tall order. How long does your T95 last? Your regrowth must me be much slower than mine. The 165 definitely cuts closer than the 155 by little bit.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

48hrs? Thasa tall order. How long does your T95 last? Your regrowth must me be much slower than mine. The 165 definitely cuts closer than the 155 by little bit.

I get regrowth with the Timeless .95 18-24 hours so I would like to improve on this BBS potential 24-48 hours with one of these WR2 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 setups. I have average to slightly above average regrowth mostly. What do you think Loot? As I do not want to repeat another WR2 1.15 experience where I get regrowth inside 14 hours of shaving which is why I sold it.

I own the 1.45 after selling my 1.25. If you sold the 1.25 because it was not efficient enough I would not go less than the 1.45. It is a very good and easy to use razor. It will be more efficient than your timeless. I don't know if James will make anything beyond the 1.45 gap now as he only offers what you see on the Google order sheet.
I sold my WR2 1.15 gap due to regrowth within 12 hours. Which is fine for an everyday day shaver but my routine is shaving 3 times a week skipping almost every other day. So the efficiency of the shave whether I get BBS or close to it for 24-30 hours needs to improve while maintaining smoothness of the WR2

I get regrowth with the Timeless .95 18-24 hours so I would like to improve on this BBS potential 24-48 hours with one of these WR2 1.25, 1.35, 1.45 setups. I have average to slightly above average regrowth mostly. What do you think Loot? As I do not want to repeat another WR2 1.15 experience where I get regrowth inside 14 hours of shaving which is why I sold it.
1.45 all day.

1.45 all day.

Thank you Loot I feel confident with your recommendation. What is your primary razor blade to get the most BBS shaves with your WR2? I know YMMV but curious nonetheless for your Wolfman setup. Top 3 blades for your WR2?

The order form last time I looked
Only goes up to 1.25 is that still the
Case?
Does anyone know, if so by all
Means please update us.
And also will James at this time
Go beyond the 1.25

The order form last time I looked
Only goes up to 1.25 is that still the
Case?
Does anyone know, if so by all
Means please update us.
And also will James at this time
Go beyond the 1.25

I just looked. On the google order form, the drop down menu for WR2 gaps offers choices from .95 to 1.55 in .10mm increments.

Last edited:
Thank you Loot I feel confident with your recommendation. What is your primary razor blade to get the most BBS shaves with your WR2? I know YMMV but curious nonetheless for your Wolfman setup. Top 3 blades for your WR2?

If you can get a 155, as others suggest, do it. You won't regret it.

Feather will stretch the BBS
Gillette Silver Blue
Astra green pack

Those are really the only 3 blades I use, in any razor.

Gillette Silver Blue
Astra green pack

Mine are GSB, Polsilver SI and Personna Lab Blues.

After deep thought and asking about a dozen current WR2 owners I came to the conclusion that for my routine: shaving 3 days a week, 2 pass shave (WTG, ATG) and chin area touch ups, long time user of the Timeless .95 SB solely. That my skin might enjoy the WR2 1.25 the most. It seems most users really enjoy the 1.25 or 1.55 as their favorites but YMMV in regards to beard growth and facial hair type. What made me chose the 1.25 over 1.55 was I do not like extreme blade feel like the Muhele R41 and all of 1.55 WR2 users reported that it has more blade feel compared to the 1.25 gap which could lead to more burn in troubled neck areas. You guys agree with this in terms of more blade feel between the 2 gaps ?

Mine are GSB, Polsilver SI and Personna Lab Blues.

Fawkes how much more blade feel and efficiency do you get going from a WR2 SB 1.25 to the 1.55? Do you lose any smoothness at all going up to the 1.55 gap ? Like I said I shave 3 days a week (Monday,Wednesday, Fridays) and I do not have sensitive skin. I wish there was an easier method towards choosing these WR2 gaps depending on your skin, beard growth, and weekly shave routine to optimize.

Gillette Silver Blue
Astra green pack

Loot how much aggression and blade feel to you gain going from a 1.25 to 1.55 gap in the WR2? Also is there “ANY” loss in smoothness for the shave? Like I said I shave Monday, Wednesday, Friday’s each week and Do Not have sensitive skin. Would the 1.55 after 2-3 days of growth be to aggressive for most to do a 2 pass shave : WTG and ATG and touch ups if needed or is it so efficient that you can only do 1 pass to be satisfied ? Tara is sending me the invoice today BTW for my order. I appreciate you guys helping

Fawkes how much more blade feel and efficiency do you get going from a WR2 SB 1.25 to the 1.55? Do you lose any smoothness at all going up to the 1.55 gap ? Like I said I shave 3 days a week (Monday,Wednesday, Fridays) and I do not have sensitive skin. I wish there was an easier method towards choosing these WR2 gaps depending on your skin, beard growth, and weekly shave routine to optimize.
I only have the 1.25. Just ordered the 1.45. Never tried the 1.55.

Loot how much aggression and blade feel to you gain going from a 1.25 to 1.55 gap in the WR2? Also is there “ANY” loss in smoothness for the shave? Like I said I shave Monday, Wednesday, Friday’s each week and Do Not have sensitive skin. Would the 1.55 after 2-3 days of growth be to aggressive for most to do a 2 pass shave : WTG and ATG and touch ups if needed or is it so efficient that you can only do 1 pass to be satisfied ? Tara is sending me the invoice today BTW for my order. I appreciate you guys helping

I may not be the best guy to ask because I run razors extremely steep. Very little top cap. With that caveat, and the obligatory "on my face" weasel words, I notice very little no loss in smoothness through the WR2 gaps. I've owned/used them all and kept 115 to 165. In fact, I was one of the first to run those WR2 gaps up. I'm pretty sure I have the first 135, 155, and 165....one of the first 145s. The head does not get harsh, at all. Blade feel goes up, sure, but there is nothing intimidating about a 155. It isn't mindless like a 125 can be though. You mentioned an R41...if you meant a 2011 R41, which is the only one I had, no, not the same kind of face feel at all. A 155 is confident in blade presentation. You will always know exactly where it is and what it is doing. Even still, I think I'd have to try pretty hard to cut myself with it. Just enough pressure to get it to cut and a 155 is insanely good.

Don't let the big number spook you. If your skin is not sensitive, as you stated, and your technique is pretty good, a 155 would be a lot of fun. Only you can select the gap but I will repeat, if you get a 125, you may as well skip and run your T95 and forget it. Just my opinion. Those two razors a more similar than they are different, to me.

I may not be the best guy to ask because I run razors extremely steep. Very little top cap. With that caveat, and the obligatory "on my face" weasel words, I notice very little no loss in smoothness through the WR2 gaps. I've owned/used them all and kept 115 to 165. In fact, I was one of the first to run those WR2 gaps up. I'm pretty sure I have the first 135, 155, and 165....one of the first 145s. The head does not get harsh, at all. Blade feel goes up, sure, but there is nothing intimidating about a 155. It isn't mindless like a 125 can be though. You mentioned an R41...if you meant a 2011 R41, which is the only one I had, no, not the same kind of face feel at all. A 155 is confident in blade presentation. You will always know exactly where it is and what it is doing. Even still, I think I'd have to try pretty hard to cut myself with it. Just enough pressure to get it to cut and a 155 is insanely good.

Don't let the big number spook you. If your skin is not sensitive, as you stated, and your technique is pretty good, a 155 would be a lot of fun. Only you can select the gap but I will repeat, if you get a 125, you may as well skip and run your T95 and forget it. Just my opinion. Those two razors a more similar than they are different, to me.
Thank you Loot, I am finally placing my order with Tara at Wolfman today. I will be keeping my Timeless .95 SS SB and ordering the Wolfman WR2 1.55 SB. Im interested to see how it performs on my skin.

Thank you Loot, I am finally placing my order with Tara at Wolfman today. I will be keeping my Timeless .95 SS SB and ordering the Wolfman WR2 1.55 SB. Im interested to see how it performs on my skin.

Arm sufficiently twisted, eh? Ha. FWIW, I think it is generally easier to trade down in gap, if you find 155 too much. Or, with the email list you can play with the 155 for 6 months, order a different gap, and sell the 155. No way for you to lose IMO.

What other razors do you have? What finish WR2 you going with?

Top Bottom