What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

20210418_091022.jpg

Razor: Gem Heavy Flat Top "G-Bar"
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Simpson's Luxury Shaving Cream
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Soap: Arko
Razor: Le Grelot 6/8
Strop: Tony Miller Steerhide
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Witch hazel / Lilac Vegetal

One of those shaves where all of the stars align that yield no blood/irritation at a reasonable pace (for a cut throat shave).

Enjoying the fact that I smell controversial according to men on the internet now.

11/10 (extra point for controversy)

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Monday morning shave

Razor: Super Speed
Brush: Boar
Soap: Portus Cale

An unsteady hand has given me a temporary pause with my SR shaves. On the upside, I will revisit my preferred vintage Gillette’s. It’s been a while and yes, the SS really is that good IMHO. Fantastic close comfortable shave. Happy Monday!
700D9479-DD4A-41D4-9FC1-C3FC06C2324A.jpeg

9/10

Martin de Candre Monday... I shaved today with Martin de Candre Agrumes and really enjoyed the scent of lemon fruits... The SOC boar lathered really well although before the third shave the lather detoriated a bit. The shave was comfortable but not too close (and I omitted touch ups). No nick, no cut, no irritation. Score is 8/10

Razor: Rockwell 6S, WTG, XTG R4, ATG R3
Blade: Personna Red (1)
Soap: Martin de Candre Agrumes
Brush: SOC boar
Pre-Shave: Balea Rasieröl
Aftershave: Osma Alum, Nivea Sensitive Balm. Balea Men Outdoor Protection

Razor Schick Injector Type M (dial set to 3)
Blade Schick (China)
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Soap Tabac Stick
AS Clubman Pinaud

My first shave with an injector razor today. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was hoping to be one of those people that had to check to see if a blade was installed. That wasn't the case. The blade itself felt kind of rough as it engaged my stubble. It reminded me of an Astra SP and I do not like Astra SPs. I will try this razor and blade combo again on Wednesday and if I still don't like the blade I will give one of my Personna blades a shot. To be honest if this is the best blade they make for Injector razors my foray into Injector shaving will be short lived.

4 passes DFS one weeper. 8/10

SOTD M Type.jpg

Tue 20th SOTD
Soap Stirling Orange Chill 🍊
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Willy Premium 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Stirling Witchhazel Orange Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire AS
Excellent soap qualities! Fizzy refreshing & cooling sensation, creamily thick and slick lather!!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth and comfortable for all areas in 3passes without any issues resulting in a mostly bbs finish. Enjoyed this combination. Excellent aftershaves too...Rating 10/10!
20210420_084820.jpg

Blade: Personna Red
Razor: Timeless Ti Sb .95
Soap: Canada 🇨🇦 , this soap was raked 5th in my soaps, right after 2 Ethos and 2 MdC soaps, but I have been running thru my soaps using the same brush, I at least have to move Canada to spot number 4 , splitting the two MDC’s, it is that good. It is not quite the Ethos level but definitely at the MDC level.
Brush: 3rd day in a row using my M&F L7 Bi-Colour 26mm Fine knot brush, it is wonderful.
Post Shave: Ethos Unscented skin food, SV Cubebe aftershave

10/10
410A3F3F-AE19-4889-9D70-36BDA2CB8CCE.jpeg

- Brush: Kent BK8 Silvertip
- Razor: Karve (C plate)
- Blade: Astra SS (2)
- Soap: B&M Oceana
- Aftershave: B&M Oceana balm
- Post Shave: Thayers Rose, Hyaluronic Acid

Excellent shave before bed. The Oceana scent is growing on me as are the B&M balms in general. Good product and inexpensive.

My BK8 continues to impress for a brush that is considered “too floppy” by many. It’s no Chubby, but I really enjoy using this brush.

I think the SB-C plate is my favorite Karve plate. Aggressive, but just mild enough for everyday use. Pairs well with the Astra SS as do most razors.

9.5/10

7992F902-E1C9-4E2B-B13E-E7B9F56E007F.jpeg

Both samples of Stirling soap I’ve tried have been great, I may need some more. Any scent recommendations?
I've tried a number of these and really liked Executive Man, Haverford, Piacenza, Bay Rum. The first two especially.

I will try this razor and blade combo again on Wednesday and if I still don't like the blade I will give one of my Personna blades a shot. To be honest if this is the best blade they make for Injector razors my foray into Injector shaving will be short lived.
I am curious how this goes for you as I am diving into the world of single edge. I think injector blades are a little different from artist club, however?

For tonight's shave, I overdid it a little and had some irritation creep back into the equation.

tempImage6ZOcq6.jpg

I used the Feather SS Kamisori with a Schick Proline P30 (2) for three standard passes and touched up my tough spots with the R41 and a Wilkinson Sword (4). Having gotten a lot of exercise today, I was a little tired and my technique with the shavette was off. I stuck myself a couple times and got away with only small weepers. Whew.

The results are pretty close, mostly BBS, but with these razors, they should be. The trade-off is feeling a bit raw. Not worth it.
Rating: 7/10.

Top Bottom