What's new

Challenge PIF - Astra Superior Stainless Blades - Then And Now

Great Pif! I already know that the current SP's don't work for me so I am not in. The Astra SS work well enough for me though. If you are interested in doing a similar comparison participation Pif in the future, I will contribute 100 Polsilver SIs if you can find someone to contribute 100 Wizamet SIs.

This is going to be AWESOME!! Thank you for the excellent response!!

So far, 19 of the 32 PIF slots have been claimed!! And there are plenty more to be had!!

First batch will be mailed out tomorrow to: @Dean13, @Chard52142, @emwolf, @MyOldKentuckyHome, @hairless wonder, @CJB3, @Messygoon, @SharpieB, @tube_guy, @Demolition, @gabulldogs, @beepee1972, @Chad3, @BradWorld, @JackJ, @BigJ, @fast shaver, @CJB3, @bright09, @Vraad

(I'm waiting on a couple of mailing address. If you've declared "I'm in!", PLEASE send me your mailing address, including your Country, if you're not in the USA)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Would I be considered greedy to do this again @Grundi my friend? LOVE the Astra SS, never tried the vintage. No need to send me any of the new kind really, unless you want to keep it all the same?

Quick question. Are these vintage made in Czechoslovakia or the Czech Republic? I've got some stainless steel chisels and vises from the Czech Republic and they're quite nice. I've never used anything from when the two countries were still one.

Dagnabbit! You keep roping me in with blades I've never seen.

I'm in if you still have an opening, although I'd be willing to defer to someone else if the roster gets too full. I've got a few Russian Astra SS, but I've never seen the Czechoslovakian ones. PM inbound.

Quick question. Are these vintage made in Czechoslovakia or the Czech Republic? I've got some stainless steel chisels and vises from the Czech Republic and they're quite nice. I've never used anything from when the two countries were still one.
The Box says Czechoslovakia.

By the way, the artwork and design on the packaging for these Vintage Astra Superior Stainless Blades is nicely done and classy. There is nothing cartoonish about the deco.

Astra_SS_3_Of_3.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dagnabbit! You keep roping me in with blades I've never seen.

I'm in if you still have an opening, although I'd be willing to defer to someone else if the roster gets too full. I've got a few Russian Astra SS, but I've never seen the Czechoslovakian ones. PM inbound.
You and I are just the same my friend! My paranoid tendencies have me thinking that @Grundi and @Space_Cadet get together like villains in a Bond movie, trying to find out if I am as incredibly handsome as I claim, with tiny cameras built into the blades they provide!!!

There just HAS to be a catch somewhere! No one just gives AWAY such nice stuff!?!

You and I are just the same my friend! My paranoid tendencies have me thinking that @Grundi and @Space_Cadet get together like villains in a Bond movie, trying to find out if I am as incredibly handsome as I claim, with tiny cameras built into the blades they provide!!!

There just HAS to be a catch somewhere! No one just gives AWAY such nice stuff!?!
Oh no, @Space_Cadet, @FarmerTan is on to us!! Activate our super secret, double-knot spy, code name War Department!!

Top Bottom