What's new

Gillette Milord - 1941 or 1946?

I picked up this Gillette Milord yesterday at a flea market and I'm wondering if any of you experts can determine the production date? It doesn't have a notched center bar, so it's prior to 1947. Physically, it looks identical to my 1941 Ranger Tech, but just with a gold plating. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcomed!

IMG_7534.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

I think I answered my question. I just checked Achim's site (mr-razor.com) and it ticks all the boxes for a 1946 Milord. It's got the un-notched center bar and the end caps. Previous models wouldn't have the end caps and later models would have a notched center bar and/or a completely knurled handle.

Since 1946 is my birth year (yeah, I'm old...deal with it! :laugh:), it's nice to have a confirmed birth year DE Gillette!

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I think I answered my question. I just checked Achim's site (mr-razor.com) and it ticks all the boxes for a 1946 Milord. It's got the un-notched center bar and the end caps. Previous models wouldn't have the end caps and later models would have a notched center bar and/or a completely knurled handle.

Since 1946 is my birth year (yeah, I'm old...deal with it! :laugh:), it's nice to have a confirmed birth year DE Gillette!
Great score!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Ticks all the boxes!! :a29:

Top Bottom